Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 2, 2023 at 3:39 AM Post #122,897 of 150,589
It's supposed to print better, because the better digital connection makes the bits...bitter. They are bitterer with the more faithful data connection. Bitterly bitterish.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2023 at 3:50 AM Post #122,898 of 150,589
Does it print well and save some ink?

Aug 2, 2023 at 6:33 AM Post #122,899 of 150,589
Or get a smart plug or plugs. I have my main headphone stack components all plugged into smart switches. I love saying "Alexa! Turn on my Schiit!" when I walk into my library. Alternatively, I can turn them on and off with a phone app.
^^ This is my strategy too.

Aug 2, 2023 at 7:41 AM Post #122,902 of 150,589
I did hear Jason mention a potential upgrade to Freya S coming. I am interested. A very good preamp for the price but room for improvement. I do not mind a power switch on the back so much but the Freya S is deep in the back and very difficult to reach when in a rack. Just do what is done with the Tyr amps with standby and button on front. I also believe sonics could be better with the Freya S. Willing to pay considerably more for it for better sonics. I am confident the value will be there.
Speaking of upgrades, I'm wondering if there are any in the works for the Yggy (besides the new chassis and option of going NOS)?

Aug 2, 2023 at 7:41 AM Post #122,903 of 150,589
Then put the Cardas cable on your printer and tell us about the print quality :o2smile:

It's supposed to print better, because the better digital connection makes the bits...bitter. They are bitterer with the more faithful data connection. Bitterly bitterish.

Well obvoiusly it should provide more vibrant colours, better dynamics and lower noise :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
And a blacker background :ksc75smile:

Aug 2, 2023 at 8:16 AM Post #122,905 of 150,589
Like…? What in the world is there to improve upon!? 😳
Purely speculation on my part. On the website it says "but with this change, you're pretty much set for any change we might make in the future, and your Yggy+ won't have to come back to us again." I may be reading between the lines a bit too much, but this statement makes me wonder if they've got something in the works. 🤷‍♂️

Aug 2, 2023 at 8:19 AM Post #122,906 of 150,589
I wanna share that I won a minty Lyr 2 on eBay last night, and I'm very stocked. My OG Asgard is currently being fixed by Schiit, so August is gonna be a very nice month of musical enjoyment! :relieved:
Stoked? 🤣

Aug 2, 2023 at 8:49 AM Post #122,907 of 150,589
Like…? What in the world is there to improve upon!? 😳
Get rid of the toslink input and add an additional USB input? USB C input? Heck, it's modular. Why not have 4-5 options to choose from. All coax? All usb?
Direct access to inputs with via remote?

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #122,908 of 150,589
I would just leave the thing on 24/7. That's what I do with all my tube-less Schiit, and my Freya+ gets put in bypass or buffer mode when idling or while no "critical" listening is done.

Much more convenient, leaves no appreciable dent in my power bill (…maybe a buck a month, tops…), and caps don't like to be power-cycled too often anyway, so I'm actually doing the longevity of my Schiit a favor by not switching it on and off all the time.

Plus, I don't have to wait for half an hour to an hour for the caps to fully charge whenever I do want to listen critically. That's nice, too.

Bonus: Schiit that's being left on 24/7 also doubles as a handy-dandy night light.
I know it is scary to fall a sleep with dark Schiit

Aug 2, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #122,910 of 150,589

Users who are viewing this thread

Back