Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 27, 2023 at 12:17 PM Post #120,496 of 150,833

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2023 at 12:17 PM Post #120,497 of 150,833
A big thing in Texas are pickle beers. Some are really neat (think Gose with a bit of pickle spice) and some are so salty and sour that, well, might as well mix some tequila in the pickle jar. Which is also a thing...

Urd assembly has commenced. We may not launch this week, but looks like next week if we don't make it by Friday. In the meantime, here's the final manual, which should address any questions about pause/skip/ff/etc:

Urd Manual
Pickle beer sounds disgusting.

-edit- the manual is a fun read, even if you don't have interest in Urd, read the manual. You might smile, and you might remember/learn something.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #120,498 of 150,833
So I know there are alot of people from California in this thread and other folks here who are well traveled.

I have a travel and wine question for those of you familiar with Napa County. My wife and a bunch of her relatives are heading to Napa County in the coming weeks and are staying in the St Helena area.

Does anyone have recommendations on vineyards, restaurants, wine bars, other activities?

Figured there were folks here who know the area..

Thanks in advance.
I’m “in the business” in a way, and while I don’t work for them or with them, a stop at Domaine Carneros for sparkling wine and caviar service on the Terrace is one of life’s great pleasures.

It’s also only about an hour and change north of SFO and a perfect attitude Re-set to lead you into the rest of your time.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2023 at 1:54 PM Post #120,501 of 150,833
It appears that the URD's USB out can't be connected to a computer as a client device for ripping disks. I wonder if this is only a software issue and could be added in the future or some fundaments limitation of Unison.
I'm sure it's a single-speed transport so not really suitable for ripping, and it does not have a PC-compliant interface for control like PCI... but it could be used to rip CDs at normal playback speed if your computer has a digital input and capture software.

Jun 27, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #120,502 of 150,833
Pickle beer sounds disgusting.

-edit- the manual is a fun read, even if you don't have interest in Urd, read the manual. You might smile, and you might remember/learn something.
When we used to try to help customers over the phone, we would often say to ourselves... RTFM

Jun 27, 2023 at 3:15 PM Post #120,503 of 150,833
A big thing in Texas are pickle beers. Some are really neat (think Gose with a bit of pickle spice) and some are so salty and sour that, well, might as well mix some tequila in the pickle jar. Which is also a thing...

Urd assembly has commenced. We may not launch this week, but looks like next week if we don't make it by Friday. In the meantime, here's the final manual, which should address any questions about pause/skip/ff/etc:

Urd Manual
My Man.

:smiley_cat:

Jun 27, 2023 at 3:45 PM Post #120,504 of 150,833
My idea of pickle beer is Miller Lite with a good dill spear and maybe like a teaspoon of juice if you are feeling real adventurous. Tap Coors Light with a sprinkle of table salt is tasty too.

I have a beard and rock flannel 6 mo out of the year. Every IPA I've ever tasted has made me think of skunky cat piss..... Flannel wearing folk who drink High Life, PBR, Old Style and Old Milwaukee are more my style... even if they do it ironically or to "look cool"....

Many thanks to everyone who has contributed information and ideas to my question about Napa County.

I'm going to consolidate it all, print it and give it to my wife for her trip. Shes not in charge so she's hesitant to make reservations without alpha level approval.. I've read up on many of the restaurant suggestions, they all sound awesome...

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #120,506 of 150,833
I’m “in the business” in a way, and while I don’t work for them or with them, a stop at Domaine Carneros for sparkling wine and caviar service on the Terrace is one of life’s great pleasures.

It’s also only about an hour and change north of SFO and a perfect attitude Re-set to lead you into the rest of your time.
My wife and I served Domaine Carneros at our wedding. Excellent sparkling wine!

Jun 27, 2023 at 6:34 PM Post #120,510 of 150,833

Urd Manual
@Jason Stoddard input/output select descriptions/ callouts / icons on remote are inconsistent (arrow pointing towards the circle =input ?)

(Added)
How does this compare with actual remote silkscreen, button presses & urd operation?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back