Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 22, 2023 at 6:51 PM Post #120,376 of 151,176
Both sides of one LP would do that … 🤣👴
Well now, I think... 4 LP sides might come close to approximating the age in question....

Jun 22, 2023 at 10:50 PM Post #120,377 of 151,176
Next up in great rock recordings.

Screenshot_20230622_194622_MAFA.jpg

Jun 22, 2023 at 11:42 PM Post #120,378 of 151,176
Tonight's Syn-full song recommendation:

Little Martha..... Allman Brothers Band

Jun 23, 2023 at 11:55 AM Post #120,379 of 151,176
"Made in the USA" you are not likely to find, since most if not all of the components used come from elsewhere. Lots of "Assembled in the USA" options out there.
What about Assy in the USA?

Jun 23, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #120,381 of 151,176
What about Assy in the USA?
I can buy USA made wire but the connectors themselves are not made here. I once looked for USA made connectors and found some BNCs but that was about it. I have never assembled a type C cable and it is a bit late in my career to start now. :ksc75smile:

Jun 23, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #120,382 of 151,176
I can buy USA made wire but the connectors themselves are not made here. I once looked for USA made connectors and found some BNCs but that was about it. I have never assembled a type C cable and it is a bit late in my career to start now. :ksc75smile:

I don't know if it's changed, but in the early days of both HDMI and USB-C there were zero machines anywhere outside of China that were capable of terminating those cables.

Jun 23, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #120,383 of 151,176
I don't know if it's changed, but in the early days of both HDMI and USB-C there were zero machines anywhere outside of China that were capable of terminating those cables.
I was able to buy cable and connectors from China and my employees built many HDMI cables but finally the Chinese would only sell huge amounts of product at any given time. Want the connectors? Buy twelve 500 foot rolls of cable minimum. Need more of the special tools? Buy x amount of cable or connectors. This was before the 25% price increase that had to be passed on to consumers. I am glad to be away from certain parts of that industry. I might build a few things for myself or donate some cables to audio get togethers but that is about it for me.

Jun 23, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #120,385 of 151,176
Here's hoping all our friends in Corpus Christi are doing OK. Here's an excerpt from a current New York Times article:

It’s really hot in Texas right now. Many parts of the state are hotter than they’ve ever been at this time of year. In the coastal city of Corpus Christi, the heat index, a combined measure of heat and humidity, reached a shocking 125 degrees Fahrenheit, or about 52 Celsius.

That’s because a weather system called a heat dome is parked over Texas, Oklahoma and parts of Mexico. People are struggling, and one person may have died from the baking temperatures. And, there’s a lot of worry about the Texas electric grid.

That heat dome could stay in place until early July. It’s forecast to expand to Arkansas, Louisiana and Kansas. As people turn up their air-conditioners to stay cool, will the grids hold?

The article goes on to talk about power grid issues in Texas, Mexico, and elsewhere. Serious stuff, and no, it's not my intention to bring up politics or anything controversial. This affects all of us!

Jun 23, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #120,386 of 151,176
Here's hoping all our friends in Corpus Christi are doing OK. Here's an excerpt from a current New York Times article:

It’s really hot in Texas right now. Many parts of the state are hotter than they’ve ever been at this time of year. In the coastal city of Corpus Christi, the heat index, a combined measure of heat and humidity, reached a shocking 125 degrees Fahrenheit, or about 52 Celsius.

That’s because a weather system called a heat dome is parked over Texas, Oklahoma and parts of Mexico. People are struggling, and one person may have died from the baking temperatures. And, there’s a lot of worry about the Texas electric grid.

That heat dome could stay in place until early July. It’s forecast to expand to Arkansas, Louisiana and Kansas. As people turn up their air-conditioners to stay cool, will the grids hold?

The article goes on to talk about power grid issues in Texas, Mexico, and elsewhere. Serious stuff, and no, it's not my intention to bring up politics or anything controversial. This affects all of us!

TX better build more gas powered plants and/or nuclear. Problem solved!

Jun 23, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #120,387 of 151,176
Thus the meaning of the phrase “You can’t teach a retired dog new tricks.” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Jun 23, 2023 at 2:43 PM Post #120,388 of 151,176

It's been hot, but not really any hotter than it gets in the summer in Santa Clarita. It's just humid hot, not dry hot.

The air temperatures are 95-97 degrees F in Corpus Christi near the Schiit facility, and 88-90 on Padre Island where I live. And humid. A long way from fantastic, to be sure, but not the end of the world. Inland will be worse, though. Heck, Boerne felt hotter than Corpus last weekend.

So far so good on the grid. At least here there haven't been interruptions. At least not yet.

1687545819882.png

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jun 23, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #120,389 of 151,176
Thus the meaning of the phrase “You can’t teach a retired dog new tricks.” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Drivers are now available for mini radial speakers so I am able to pursue things I already know, new tricks are less pursued. :beerchug: I hope to come up with a couple new things for @golfbravobravo's audio get together near your old stomping grounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back