Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 18, 2023 at 6:42 PM Post #120,226 of 151,186
On an audio topic, how many people here have listened to the MJ3 prototype or pre-production units?

If you listened to it, what kind of HPs did you listen with?

My wifes gift to me for fathers day was a raincheck on an awesome pair of HPs in August...

Just wondering what folks have heard with MJ3 so far.

I have HD6XXs, HD600s, Focal Clears and a HE6se non v2. I am considering HD800s, ZMF Auteur Classics, DCA Aeon Noire, a few Grado models, maybe a few others...
You have an awesome wife! Maybe you should get 2 pairs, and tell her you're just trying to be magnanimous by matching her offer. 🤣

My wife gave me a raincheck too -- I get to wait until next weekend to hang pictures rather than do it today...

Jun 18, 2023 at 7:51 PM Post #120,227 of 151,186
On an audio topic, how many people here have listened to the MJ3 prototype or pre-production units?

If you listened to it, what kind of HPs did you listen with?

My wifes gift to me for fathers day was a raincheck on an awesome pair of HPs in August...

Just wondering what folks have heard with MJ3 so far.

I have HD6XXs, HD600s, Focal Clears and a HE6se non v2. I am considering HD800s, ZMF Auteur Classics, DCA Aeon Noire, a few Grado models, maybe a few others...
Now's the time if you’re looking for HD800S! Adorama runs this sale every couple of months, picked mine up around Feb/march for the same price. $1199 is the best price I’ve ever seen them for if you want to buy new. Just have to use this specific link as the normal listing on the site still has normal price.

https://www.adorama.com/se506911.html?emailprice=t

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2023 at 8:10 PM Post #120,228 of 151,186
The community comes through! Thanks, that is indeed a great price! I hope someone uses your link to buy a pair. I'm going to order MJ3 when it comes out and the wife is taking a trip in a few weeks, so the timing isn't right, but thank you!!!

I have seen refurbished HD800S's see go for 1150 and 1129 but never seen a new one priced so low!
nows the time if you’re looking for HD800S! Adorama runs this sale every couple of months, picked mine up around Feb/march for the same price. $1199 is the best price I’ve ever seen them for if you want to buy new. Just have to use this specific link as the normal listing on the site still has normal price.

https://www.adorama.com/se506911.html?emailprice=t

Jun 18, 2023 at 8:25 PM Post #120,229 of 151,186
The community comes through! Thanks, that is indeed a great price! I hope someone uses your link to buy a pair. I'm going to order MJ3 when it comes out and the wife is taking a trip in a few weeks, so the timing isn't right, but thank you!!!

I have seen refurbished HD800S's see go for 1150 and 1129 but never seen a new one priced so low!
No worries! If you are in the market for them, they do run the sale almost monthly now. Adorama opens it for like a 3 day period at a time and has ran the sale like 4-5 times since December. I would just bookmark the page I linked (must end in the "?emailprice=t"for the promotion price) and check it every once in a while if you are interested. With the way it has been, I'm sure the sale will come back soon.

Jun 18, 2023 at 9:15 PM Post #120,231 of 151,186
@vcoheda

Been lots of postings

I'll try to summarize.

No Tubes, its solid state
Class A
Selectable switch for Single Ended or Push Pull operation
Preamp Outputs on/off via selectable switch
Multiple gain stages
Power supply has a choke as do Yggy and Tyr
Limited production run
1299 estimated cost

Im probably missing something or butchered something. I'll fix as I am corrected.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2023 at 9:51 PM Post #120,233 of 151,186
We will get to MJ3 soon. But first, hopefully this is Urd week!
If Urd were to be released on Mid-Summer's Day that would be exquisite! :smiley_cat:

Jun 18, 2023 at 11:05 PM Post #120,234 of 151,186
If Urd were to be released on Mid-Summer's Day that would be exquisite! :smiley_cat:
Don't say that! It'll turn into a Mid-Summer Night's Dream and we'll never see it.. :sob:

Jun 18, 2023 at 11:08 PM Post #120,235 of 151,186
Tonight's Syn-full song recommendation:

Paranoid - 2012 - Remaster.... Black Sabbath

Jun 18, 2023 at 11:27 PM Post #120,237 of 151,186
Tonight’s track: Sibelius’ Finlandia.

IMG_8550.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2023 at 8:50 AM Post #120,240 of 151,186
Wasn't the review on Audioscience, but more that every audio related forums I could visit had at least a half dozen *different* posters complaining about Hel2 issues. Even saw a post about a guy saying he didn't know what everyone was talking about, his unit was perfect and he loved it, no issues. He edited it like a week later, saying he started having all the same issues everyone was posting about.

Obviously this is single-sourced, but here was my experience:

Ordered a Hel 2 for my son in May of 2021. It worked fine for 7-10 days and then started having the USB disconnection issues that you've undoubtedly read about. I returned it for repair/replacement, and there was going to be a long delay (I believe because the problems were widespread enough at that point that a board redesign was in process), so they wound up issuing a refund. I placed a replacement order, and they moved me to the front of the queue--presumably with others in a similar situation--and received that replacement in October, as soon as corrected stock became available.

My son has been using it for several hours per day almost every day since then--coming up on 2 years--with no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back