Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 6, 2023 at 8:25 AM Post #119,626 of 150,484
My first concert was Be-Bop Deluxe opening for Thin Lizzy in 1976. A local radio station that broadcast on 102.1MHz was promoting the concert and tickets were $1.02.

One of my most memorable concerts was Renaissance with Tim Weisberg as the opening act. When the curtains opened, Annie Haslam was onstage with a microphone. She announced that Tim was ill and would not appear. She went on to say that Renaissance would perform both sets. A class act, for sure!

Jun 6, 2023 at 9:10 AM Post #119,629 of 150,484
Cleaned up some political and marketing-other-gear stuff. Please keep both out of this forum.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jun 6, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #119,630 of 150,484
1571F928-2AF3-4873-835B-2D86BC889316.gif

Jun 6, 2023 at 9:20 AM Post #119,631 of 150,484
So I finally moved my Lokius into my chain after the new Freya N purchase a month or so ago. I have my Mani 2 and Bifrost 2/64 as my inputs. Then balanced out to the Lokius and single ended to my subwoofer. Then from the Lokius balanced out to my headphone amp, and single ended to my power amp. Is it ok that I'm not EQ'ing my subwoofer in this scenario? What would be the downside/upsides?

Jun 6, 2023 at 9:51 AM Post #119,634 of 150,484
Not my first concert, I went to many classical performances before this, but the big jazz doors opened for me then:

https://www.milesdavis.com/film/miles-davis-in-cascais-portugal/
https://theheatwarps.com/2021/04/08/11-20-1971-cascais/
http://www.estudiovilla.com/cascais-jazz/

Besides Miles (with Keith Jarrett among others), Ornette (with Dewey Redman, Charlie Haden, and Ed Blackwell) , Monk, Art Blakey, Dizzie Gillespie, Dexter Gordon, Phil Woods, ...

Haden was arrested by the political police after the show for his song dedication to the liberation movements fighting Portuguese colonialism in Africa, and it took some (delayed) US diplomacy to get him out of jail.
Color me green on this concert experience! Man, oh man.

Jun 6, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #119,635 of 150,484
The first concert for me was Genesis Knebworth 1978 ( and then there were three tour with the mirrors ) hotly pursued by Led Zep in 1979 at Knebworth , ( living there helped )
I also attended the Genesis Knebworth concert and have photos to confirm this. However my first concert was five years earlier which was David Bowie at The Town Hall in Birmingham during the 1973 leg of his Ziggy Stardust tour.

Jun 6, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #119,636 of 150,484
As much as I'm fine with spending much of my life within Apple's "little" garden, when I saw the presentation of that AR thing, all I really thought was a slightly less PG-13 version of "I'm getting too old for this…"

I'm sure they'll sell millions of these over the years, but to me it looks like a really nifty solution in search of an actual problem.

In the 20-odd years of Apple product launches that I've followed, this is the first time that I actually thought to myself: Nope, I can't think of a single situation or application where I'd rather use that thing than my phone, my Mac mini, my MacBook Pro, my TV, or my Schiit audio gear. I can't think of a single one of that thing's "killer applications" that would improve my life in even just the slightest way over what I already own or use.

I've also got to wonder if anyone in Cupertino actually watched that keynote in its entirety before they aired it. Because if even just one person had watched the thing in full, they may have noticed that it doesn't really look all that great to present their new face-hugger product a mere half hour or so after they talked at length about the new mental health tracking features in the Health app. Putting that much emphasis on them caring for their customers' mental health and then introducing a new product line that not just incentivizes but requires! you putting a physical, visual, and psychological barrier between you and the people you share a space with? A product that manages not only to make it feel like you're in a Zoom meeting with people that are in the same room with you, but that's also replacing your own eyes with a simulation for them to look at? And don't get me started on that uncanny valley cluster**** that is the visual avatar. If that's not the textbook definition of confirmation bias, I don't know what is…

If this thing (and its smaller/cheaper brethren that are undoubtedly in the pipeline) ends up with an adoption rate similar to the Watch, I'll just get me a cabin in the woods somewhere and be done.

Yeah…

1686009464127.png
And the people as One, voiced their support with an "AMEN!".

Jun 6, 2023 at 10:31 AM Post #119,637 of 150,484
I don't think I have a single piece of silver Schiit that matches any other piece. Maybe my Bifrost 4490 and my Asgard 2. Maybe.

I probably beeched about it at some point, being the petulant baby that I am.

Now that Jason has gone into detail about the difficulties of finishing silver Schiit, I am ok with all the variance. Probably multiple suppliers, too many lots to count, multiple finishing companies. Hell, I bet the machinist finishing each piece has a style or look that is unique to them..

No two wood items look exactly the same either.

Long live silver Schiit.
Superb, sir! Especially so your on point remark concerning products made of wood!

Jun 6, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #119,639 of 150,484
I also attended the Genesis Knebworth concert and have photos to confirm this. However my first concert was five years earlier which was David Bowie at The Town Hall in Birmingham during the 1973 leg of his Ziggy Stardust tour.
It got bloomin cold !! -even for late June - great set too !! I saw Bowie on the dangerous moonlight tour being something of a latecomer to Bowies fabness

Jun 6, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #119,640 of 150,484
My first rock concert was The Kinks at The Apollo, Manchester in 1984. I won tickets in a competition in our local paper, The Bolton Evening News. I still have the T shirt, but it’s faded, and is now a bit figure hugging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back