Tonight's Syn-full song recommendation:

Rocky Mountain Way......Joe Walsh

Jun 1, 2023 at 11:30 PM Post #119,432 of 150,605
1685676541385.jpeg

…by Neil Sidwell

🪕💃🏻🕺🏻🎺

Jun 1, 2023 at 11:44 PM Post #119,433 of 150,605
@eliottj

I like your avatar. Is that a picture of you or Leon Redbone?

:beerchug:
JC
That is Mr. Redbone. Met him backstage when he opened for John Prine at the Great Southeast Music Hall in the late '70s. Picture five or six guys passing a bottle between shows. I didn't get to know them well but always enjoyed their music. A while back. They've both passed now.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2023 at 11:49 PM Post #119,434 of 150,605
Urd has been talked about by Mike since the beginning of time. (Dates approx). I'm just continuing the tradition.

Mjolnir 3 is a limited edition product. No competition for our line. No harm in talking about it.

Singularity is a proof of concept, hardly a product.

Beyond that..................

(insert crickets)

Oh boy this is gonna be fun. You have NO idea.
That's cool.
Could be a good marketing tool.
Carry on.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2023 at 1:17 AM Post #119,437 of 150,605
another conundrum: 44.1/16 data, upsampled by the AURALiC- via any of the four available digital filters - does not sound as good/smooth/pleasing as a native hi-rez stream from Qobuz, sent via AES/EBU 'digital' to Yggy.
That's not surprising if the Qobuz stream is at the original PCM sampling rate for the album. 96/24 -> downsample -> 44.1/16 -> upsample -> 96/24 is lossy, and what digital filters were used for downsampling and upsampling matter to the result.

Jun 2, 2023 at 1:24 AM Post #119,438 of 150,605
I wish I understood more about that. Trying now to catch up.
This add-on board for the raspberry pi is supposed to make for a *really good sounding streamer. It has i2s out, which is something I've never tried before and is generally considered to be one of the best sounding ways to send digital audio to a DAC.

I'm pretty new to alpine linux, but it's apparently a really bare bones OS that suits the raspberry pi nicely.

Jun 2, 2023 at 1:55 AM Post #119,439 of 150,605
Qobuz has the "My Weekly Q" which I like. Based on my past weeks listening, it's a playlist of suggestions. Not sure if it will show up right away with a new user though. Qobuz is fairly new to the USA (it's available in other countries), so they are still working on things and adding things all the time.
The other night I tried it out and damnit I couldn't stop listening, Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, Van Morrison, Muddy Waters... Who knew 3 am arrives so fast.

Jun 2, 2023 at 3:20 AM Post #119,440 of 150,605
This add-on board for the raspberry pi is supposed to make for a *really good sounding streamer. It has i2s out, which is something I've never tried before and is generally considered to be one of the best sounding ways to send digital audio to a DAC.

I'm pretty new to alpine linux, but it's apparently a really bare bones OS that suits the raspberry pi nicely.
Unless you want to jump down a really deep rabbit hole do not install a general purpose linux for the sole purpose of playing music. Use something audio specific such as volumio/moode/ropieee.

Jun 2, 2023 at 7:52 AM Post #119,443 of 150,605

So is DietPi and they have Roon support "built in".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back