Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 16, 2023 at 7:40 PM Post #118,561 of 155,083
For this afternoon's otherwise mind-numbingly boring session at the office I chose to nurse my long-standing crush on Hayley Williams (and her voice, of course) with this little gem right here:

Paramore.jpg

Yggy OG -> XLR -> Lokius (1:30, 2:00, noon, noon, noon, noon) -> SE -> Whammy (rails at 15.0V, Burson V6 Vivid, otherwise "stock") -> DCA Æon Noire -> ears => ☺️👌

Last edited:
May 16, 2023 at 7:43 PM Post #118,562 of 155,083
All these cool racks for the medium and small sized piles of Schiit... where is the cool looking rack for the big Schiits?

May 16, 2023 at 7:48 PM Post #118,563 of 155,083
All these cool racks for the medium and small sized piles of Schiit... where is the cool looking rack for the big Schiits?
11739453.jpeg

A lot of people prefer to stick heavy door stops up on top of their Schiit, but everybody around here knows: a cat sounds better.

IMG_4608.jpeg

Last edited:
May 16, 2023 at 8:07 PM Post #118,564 of 155,083
Were they able to help with the black tops? I wanted two black Vidar tops but all the metal was scheduled for production. Maybe that situation has changed now. Might have to ask again.
Yes, the black Freya S cover was available when I inquired about a month or so ago. I'm sure it's properly priced but with shipping cost, I debate whether the money may be better spent on other Schiit products that I still want. I may even grab a Freya N while I can and sell the S. Tubes might be fun and I need something new to obsess over. :beerchug:

May 16, 2023 at 8:27 PM Post #118,565 of 155,083
Yes, the black Freya S cover was available when I inquired about a month or so ago. I'm sure it's properly priced but with shipping cost, I debate whether the money may be better spent on other Schiit products that I still want. I may even grab a Freya N while I can and sell the S. Tubes might be fun and I need something new to obsess over. :beerchug:
I’d say get the Freya N while you can, you won’t be disappointed. But looks like all the 115VAC are gone. Hopefully they will put more up sometime

May 16, 2023 at 8:33 PM Post #118,566 of 155,083
I’d say get the Freya N while you can, you won’t be disappointed. But looks like all the 115VAC are gone. Hopefully they will put more up sometime
The Freyas can be changed to 115V with relatively little effort. Contact Schiit, they should be able (and likely also willing) to do that for you.

May 16, 2023 at 10:15 PM Post #118,567 of 155,083
Ex … cuse … me?!? 😳

I'm sorry, but no. Just… 🤨 …no.

There are at least! five songs where air drums are never! optional:
Phil Collins' In the Air Tonight, Blur's Song 2, Guns'n'Roses' Paradise City, The White Stripes' Seven Nation Army, and of god-damned-freaking corse The Who's Baba O'Riley.

That's not even a debate, the issue has been settled decades ago.

Other songs where air drums are most assuredly required by common law:
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
Queens of the Stone Age - No One Knows
AC/DC - Back in Black
Green Day - American Idiot

Honestly, I'm not even sure that you can claim an exemption for when one of these songs come on while you're driving, that's how non-optional those air drums are! 🤣

Air drums optional, he says… 🙄
Close the window on that nonsense! 🤣

Excuse me, Mister, but I don't see any Rush in that there list of yours. 🤨 EVERY Rush song requires an air drum solo. It's even in the Canadian Constitution.

May 16, 2023 at 10:20 PM Post #118,568 of 155,083
Excuse me, Mister, but I don't see any Rush in that there list of yours. 🤨 EVERY Rush song requires an air drum solo. It's even in the Canadian Constitution.
Erratic gravy added Tom Sawyer to the list a few posts later

remembering to put down your beverage of choice before commencing !! Great list BTW - you forgot Tom Sawyer , Rush

May 16, 2023 at 10:48 PM Post #118,570 of 155,083
Can anyone really air drum to YYZed? Neil Peart was a true master at his craft

May 16, 2023 at 11:11 PM Post #118,571 of 155,083
Tonight's Syn-full song recommendation:

Green Grass and High Tides.....The Outlaws

May 17, 2023 at 5:52 AM Post #118,575 of 155,083
Been having issues with CEC and my Denon receiver to the point that I'm going back to placing everything through the TV inputs instead of the receiver and get the Syn at some point. Is Emotiva's BasX A5 amplifier the best budget friendly option for 5 channel?
I have the predecessor to the BasX A5, in the UPA-500. It does fine for all the "surround" channels. Waiting though for Schiit's take on a multichannel solution ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back