Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 16, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #118,531 of 153,123
It's been a while. Still loving my Schiit stack, however looking to get a Magni + for some headphones. It's looking like I'll be getting the Hifiman Sundara. Can anyone recommend me a replacement cable for the Sundara? Would like a braided black or black and silver accents and 10ft length. Thanks!
I have the Hart Audio cables for my Sundara. They sell an extension too to go with their system. I don't recall the type of connection the Sundara have, and they are in the office so I can't check. 1/4 inch TRS??

May 16, 2023 at 12:17 PM Post #118,532 of 153,123
Ex … cuse … me?!? 😳

I'm sorry, but no. Just… 🤨 …no.

There are at least! five songs where air drums are never! optional:
Phil Collins' In the Air Tonight, Blur's Song 2, Guns'n'Roses' Paradise City, The White Stripes' Seven Nation Army, and of god-damned-freaking corse The Who's Baba O'Riley.

That's not even a debate, the issue has been settled decades ago.

Other songs where air drums are most assuredly required by common law:
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
Queens of the Stone Age - No One Knows
AC/DC - Back in Black
Green Day - American Idiot

Honestly, I'm not even sure that you can claim an exemption for when one of these songs come on while you're driving, that's how non-optional those air drums are! 🤣

Air drums optional, he says… 🙄
Close the window on that nonsense! 🤣

remembering to put down your beverage of choice before commencing !! Great list BTW - you forgot Tom Sawyer , Rush

May 16, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #118,534 of 153,123
Ex … cuse … me?!? 😳

Phil Collins' In the Air Tonight, Blur's Song 2, Guns'n'Roses' Paradise City, The White Stripes' Seven Nation Army, and of god-damned-freaking corse The Who's Baba O'Riley.

AC/DC - Back in Black

Honestly, I'm not even sure that you can claim an exemption for when one of these songs come on while you're driving, that's how non-optional those air drums are! 🤣

I've only ever been moved to air drum for one song, the one above all others that air drums are compulsory for:
The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Bold As Love

May 16, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #118,535 of 153,123
It's been a while. Still loving my Schiit stack, however looking to get a Magni + for some headphones. It's looking like I'll be getting the Hifiman Sundara. Can anyone recommend me a replacement cable for the Sundara? Would like a braided black or black and silver accents and 10ft length. Thanks!
Not sure if you have a budget in mind, but you can easily spend more on the cable than the Sundara's themselves ...

Personally I've been very happy with Hart Audio Cables, and have slowly converted all of my headphone cables over to Hart, it's made things just simpler to organize
- Made in the USA with oxygen free, Mogami copper
- Sonically excellent with minimal microphonics (e.g. noise when cable rubs against clothing)
- Modular approach - swappable interconnect (6.35mm, 4-pin XLR, etc.) that connects to the headphone cable through a mini-XLR connection
- Lots of customization options for length, color, braiding, etc.
- Affordable - relative to a lot of custom cable makers out there
- Excellent customer service

Example image:
- HC-9 Dual 3.5mm TRS balanced cable - use it on my Hifiman Arya and Ananda (works on Sundara too)
- Pictured is a 6 foot cable with interconnect for 6.35mm, 4-pin XLR, 4.4mm and 3.5mm
hart-audio-cable.jpg

Last edited:
May 16, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #118,536 of 153,123

No...! No Guns n' Roses ever, ever ever...! No screeching Axel Rose vocals for me...! :ear: :astonished::head_bandage: Please...! :grinning:

Last edited:
May 16, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #118,537 of 153,123
I have Audiophile Ninja cables for my Hifiman Sundaras. They have all different lengths. I have the 8’ cable and it’s excellent. And reasonably priced. But can’t go wrong with any of the other recommendations

$80 plus shipping for 10’ cable with 1/4” plug.

Last edited:
May 16, 2023 at 1:11 PM Post #118,538 of 153,123
Ex … cuse … me?!? 😳

AC/DC - Back in Black

Great list!
The Who's Baba O'Riley intro is my phone's ring tone.

May 16, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #118,541 of 153,123
No...! No Guns'n'Roses ever, ever ever...!

No...! No Guns n' Roses ever, ever ever...! No screeching Alex Rose vocals for me...! :ear: :astonished::head_bandage: Please...! :grinning:
Whoa whoa, who the hell is that ALEX Rose guy?

I'm curious, do you have the same aversion to Janis Joplin? (when it comes to style singing, I've always seen Axl Rose as a male Janis Joplin).

May 16, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #118,543 of 153,123
May 16, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #118,544 of 153,123
May 16, 2023 at 4:22 PM Post #118,545 of 153,123

Users who are viewing this thread

Back