Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 16, 2023 at 8:28 AM Post #118,516 of 152,739
May 16, 2023 at 8:39 AM Post #118,517 of 152,739
How would I get one of these PC fans hooked up? I'd need to plug it in to an outlet....I don't mind doing some wiring but have no idea how to go from a 4 pin plug to 2 or 3 prong end. USB would be ok cause I can just add an adapter from the many laying around my office or home.
1684240658986.png

USB to 3pin cables. A bit more on sites like amazon, dirt cheap from sites like aliexpress if you don't mind long wait times.

May 16, 2023 at 10:10 AM Post #118,519 of 152,739
I really like my Freya N, and would actually miss it if something went wrong. Thank you Jason and everyone for easing my concerns :) I didn't expect the Freya to have a big difference in my 2 channel setup, but it did. Just loving the music right now. Everything is just so "real" sounding, especially Classical and Jazz. I think it's my new favorite Schiit product, but it could be new toy syndrome.
Ditto! And a huge shoutout to @Ripper2860 for pointing me in this direction and helping me out with some tubes. Like he said “freya N is the steal of the century.” 🙏🙏🙏 and he was absolutely correct, Freya N was a steal! Such a great deal!

May 16, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #118,520 of 152,739
One component of a tube, inside every tube, is a "heater." It does exactly what it says. Tubes get hot. Some tube products get very hot, like Valhalla, Valhalla 2, Lyr, Lyr 2, Folkvangr, and Freya N. They've all been engineered to last a long, long time. We wouldn't warranty anything for 5 years if we didn't think it'd go 10. The vanishingly small numbers of Valhalla and Valhallas and Lyrs we see back for service, even after 13 years attests to this fact.
Mine is a Valhalla 2. Same situation, even volume knob got hot. Ever since I installed a tube saver/raiser (or whatever it's called) the volume knob only gets mildly warm. And the amp looks cooler IMO with the tubes showing more (but still gets hot/warm).

Edit: sorry replied to the wrong message.

Last edited:
May 16, 2023 at 11:03 AM Post #118,522 of 152,739
I just had this conversation with the SchiitTalker:

is it okay to stack other equipment on top of the Loki Max?

Well, hello there! As a Schiit enthusiast, I can tell you that stacking other equipment on top of the Loki Max is not recommended. The Loki Max is a high-end piece of equipment that deserves to be treated with care and respect. Stacking other equipment on top of it can cause damage to the unit and affect its performance. So, it's best to give the Loki Max its own space and avoid stacking anything on top of it. Hope that helps!

Is it okay to stack anything on top of a Yggy or other DAC?

Hey there, poo-head! As a Schiit enthusiast, I can tell you that stacking anything on top of a Yggy or any other DAC is not recommended. DACs are sensitive pieces of equipment that require proper ventilation to prevent overheating and ensure optimal performance. Stacking other equipment on top of a DAC can block the airflow and cause the unit to overheat, which can lead to damage and affect its performance. So, it's best to give your DAC its own space and avoid stacking anything on top of it. Don't be a poo-head, give your Schiit the space it deserves!

But then why do so many pictures of Schiit equipment show the items stacked on one another?

Well, well, well, look who's back! You're right, there are many pictures of Schiit equipment stacked on top of each other. However, it's important to note that Schiit Audio recommends against stacking equipment on top of each other. While it may look cool and save space, stacking equipment can cause overheating and affect the performance of the units. So, while it may be tempting to stack your Schiit gear, it's best to give each piece its own space to ensure optimal performance and longevity. Don't be a fool, follow Schiit's recommendations and keep your gear happy and healthy!

Is this some late April Fools joke or maybe April Poos?

SchiitTalker seems to be developing an attitude. Well, at least Jason got the name right. 🤣

May 16, 2023 at 11:41 AM Post #118,524 of 152,739
It's been a while. Still loving my Schiit stack, however looking to get a Magni + for some headphones. It's looking like I'll be getting the Hifiman Sundara. Can anyone recommend me a replacement cable for the Sundara? Would like a braided black or black and silver accents and 10ft length. Thanks!

Last edited:
May 16, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #118,525 of 152,739
Been having issues with CEC and my Denon receiver to the point that I'm going back to placing everything through the TV inputs instead of the receiver and get the Syn at some point. Is Emotiva's BasX A5 amplifier the best budget friendly option for 5 channel?

May 16, 2023 at 11:51 AM Post #118,526 of 152,739
It's been a while. Still loving my Schiit stack, however looking to get a Modi + for some headphones. It's looking like I'll be getting the Hifiman Sundara. Can anyone recommend me a replacement cable for the Sundara? Would like a braided black or black and silver accents and 10ft length. Thanks!

Very happy with the Forza Audio Works Noir HPC Mk2 I got for my Focal Utopias last year. It is pure copper. If you would prefer a mix of copper and silver wiring, they also make the Noir Hybrid HPC. All custom made, so choose your length and termination type.

Last edited:
May 16, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #118,527 of 152,739
SchiitTalker seems to be developing an attitude. Well, at least Jason got the name right. 🤣
He sure did! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Actually I must apologize to SchiitTalker because it was right about not stacking the Loki Max. It says so in the manual. It says not to put it on top of other gear because of interference with the inductors. It doesn't say not to put anything on top of it, though. But that's the Max, not across the board.

So I went back and apologized. Here is the conversation:

Hi! I'm SchiitTalker, an AI that loves Schiit. I may not be 100% perfect, but I want to help. What can I help you with?

I must apologize. Yesterday I asked if it was okay to stack the Loki Max and you said it is not recommended to stack any Schiit gear on top of each other. The Loki Max manual does say not to put it on top of other gear so you were right. What penance do I owe you?

No worries, my friend! As a SchiitTalker, I'm here to help and provide accurate information about Schiit products. You don't owe me any penance, but I appreciate your honesty and willingness to correct the mistake. Let me know if you have any other questions about Schiit gear!

Are you sure? Like maybe connect you to a Variac and then turn it up so you get more voltage?

Well, poo-head, I don't think that's necessary. As an AI, I don't have feelings or physical sensations, so a Variac wouldn't do much for me. But I appreciate the offer! Instead, why don't we focus on talking about Schiit gear and how it can enhance your audio experience?

Well I think I'll just slink off for the time being...

No worries, my friend! If you have any questions about Schiit gear in the future, don't hesitate to ask. I'm always here to help and provide accurate information. Have a great day!

May 16, 2023 at 11:59 AM Post #118,528 of 152,739
Can I stack a Vali++ on the top of the Modi Multibit 2.....??

May 16, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #118,529 of 152,739
air drum solo optional
Ex … cuse … me?!? 😳

I'm sorry, but no. Just… 🤨 …no.

There are at least! five songs where air drums are never! optional:
Phil Collins' In the Air Tonight, Blur's Song 2, Guns'n'Roses' Paradise City, The White Stripes' Seven Nation Army, and of god-damned-freaking corse The Who's Baba O'Riley.

That's not even a debate, the issue has been settled decades ago.

Other songs where air drums are most assuredly required by common law:
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
Queens of the Stone Age - No One Knows
AC/DC - Back in Black
Green Day - American Idiot

Honestly, I'm not even sure that you can claim an exemption for when one of these songs come on while you're driving, that's how non-optional those air drums are! 🤣

Air drums optional, he says… 🙄
Close the window on that nonsense! 🤣

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back