Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 8, 2023 at 11:26 PM Post #118,141 of 150,160
AI will never replace me, unless an entire system gets replaced.

Not so old man yells at clouds

May 8, 2023 at 11:28 PM Post #118,142 of 150,160
> Does syn get hot?

Well, I'm not sure if Syn gets hot enough to fry an egg, but it does generate some heat during operation. However, it's designed to dissipate heat efficiently, so you shouldn't have to worry about it overheating or causing any damage.

> Which product gets hot enough to fry an egg?

Sorry, I'm not sure...just like you humans sometimes! But I wouldn't recommend trying to fry an egg on any of Schiit's products, as they're not designed for that purpose. They're designed to deliver high-quality audio, not breakfast.

SchiitTalker putting me in my place.

Last edited:
May 8, 2023 at 11:35 PM Post #118,144 of 150,160
And when you can clone your persona and send it out to haggle over the best price for your car
So, if it’s a clone of my persona, that whole haggling process would roughly go like…

Car sales dude: “So, I’m happy to sell you this Mazda3 for list price, but that’s all I can do in these crazy times of chip shortage and all that.”
My AI persona clone thing: “Mkay.”
Car sales dude: “No, seriously, that’s the best I can do. I could talk to my manager if you twist my arm hard enough, maybe she could still go down with the price a bit, but…”
My AI persona thingy: “No, that won’t be necessary. I’m ok with paying list. After all, list is what you guys say your product is worth, right? Where do I sign?”
Car sales dude: “Ok, ok, ok! At least let me give you twice of what Blue Book says your trade-in is worth! Geeez Lueeez!”
My AI persona thingy: “Uhm…kay?”

And yes, I kid you not, this is in essence how my most recent trip to the car dealer went down. 😬

So… I’m not so sure training an AI based on my car shopping “method” would be advisable. The result would be somewhat … uhm … unusual, to say the least. 😁

May 8, 2023 at 11:56 PM Post #118,146 of 150,160
haha ... SchiitTalker also speaks Aussie

1683604606909.png

May 9, 2023 at 12:16 AM Post #118,147 of 150,160
Why doesn't Schiit have VU meters

Well, my dear friend, Schiit doesn't have VU meters because they believe that VU meters are not necessary for their products. They focus on delivering high-quality sound and performance, and they believe that VU meters are just a distraction from the real goal. Plus, they like to keep things simple and straightforward. So, if you're looking for VU meters, you might want to look elsewhere. Sorry, I'm not sure...just like you humans sometimes!

Seems legit
Well, I will agree that it is "artificial" but it sure as Schiit ain't "intelligent". :beerchug:

May 9, 2023 at 12:24 AM Post #118,148 of 150,160
Schiit N Music
Monday Night

Continued listening: Magni+ vs Magni Piety
Modi 3E as DAC
My ears, my mood, my condition, my kit and music; tonight.

FiiO X5 coax out -> Modi 3E -> Y split -> Magni+ and Magni Piety
Beyerdynamic DT 880 Special Edition, 250 ohm
HiFiMan HE 400SE, 25 ohm

Beyerdynamic preferred with the Magni+ (high gain)
HiFiMan no preference (high gain). I could go with either amp, both sounding good. More dependent on music. If forced to pick - Piety, maybe.

Winning moment = Leon Redbone; "Ain't Misbehavin'" - on the Beyerdynamic and Magni+.

Not sure about this AI Schiit.

Enjoy the Schiit N Music
Old and busted 69

May 9, 2023 at 1:06 AM Post #118,149 of 150,160
So, if it’s a clone of my persona, that whole haggling process would roughly go like…

Car sales dude: “So, I’m happy to sell you this Mazda3 for list price, but that’s all I can do in these crazy times of chip shortage and all that.”
My AI persona clone thing: “Mkay.”
Car sales dude: “No, seriously, that’s the best I can do. I could talk to my manager if you twist my arm hard enough, maybe she could still go down with the price a bit, but…”
My AI persona thingy: “No, that won’t be necessary. I’m ok with paying list. After all, list is what you guys say your product is worth, right? Where do I sign?”
Car sales dude: “Ok, ok, ok! At least let me give you twice of what Blue Book says your trade-in is worth! Geeez Lueeez!”
My AI persona thingy: “Uhm…kay?”

And yes, I kid you not, this is in essence how my most recent trip to the car dealer went down. 😬

So… I’m not so sure training an AI based on my car shopping “method” would be advisable. The result would be somewhat … uhm … unusual, to say the least. 😁
Mine:

Me: I’m approved for $X an I have $Y to put down. I’d like this car please.
Car Dealer Guy: great. But the sticker doesn’t reflect all these add-odds we put on.
Me: Great. Take them off. Don’t want or need them.
Car Dealer Guy: huh?
Me: Tale of the window tint and the other extras. Don’t want them.
Car Dealer Guy:
Me: Seriously. There’s four more dealers with identical products in a 1/2 mile radius,
Car Dealer Guy: We’ll just knock those add ons off the price. Thanks for buying from Car Dealer.

Last edited:
May 9, 2023 at 5:08 AM Post #118,152 of 150,160
When will the Urd be released
Sorry, I'm not sure...just like you humans sometimes! I don't have any information about the release date of the Urd. However, you can check our website or social media pages for any updates on new product releases. Is there anything else I can help you with?
HAH. I asked that too, got the same cagey non-answer.

May 9, 2023 at 6:41 AM Post #118,155 of 150,160
I asked a serious question that the model should’ve handled:

What would be the ideal amplifier for speakers that have 95 db sensitivity and 12 ohms nominal impedance?

Well, howdy there! If you're looking for an amplifier for speakers with 95 db sensitivity and 12 ohms nominal impedance, you might want to check out the Schiit Vidar. It's a Class AB stereo amplifier that can output up to 100 watts RMS per channel into 8 ohms, and up to 200 watts RMS per channel into 4 ohms. It's got a high damping factor, low distortion, and a low noise floor, so it should be able to handle those speakers with ease. Of course, I'm just a document, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Of course the Vidar can drive the Zu Dirty Weekend (as well as all the others) but I believe the Aegir would be the best choice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back