Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 25, 2023 at 12:01 AM Post #111,691 of 152,711
I may have to try a GJallahorn at some point, that would come very close to running the tiny radial speakers I have been known to make. If someone I know buys that amp I would loan them a set just to learn the viability of the combo.
Soon as I saw the new amps, I thought time for some of those radials. I think a Rekkr, a Muzo, and one of your radials will be perfect for the kitchen...

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2023 at 12:04 AM Post #111,692 of 152,711
Yeah, can be seen for miles. The flashing red light on top was required by the FAA due to height. 🤣
Well when visitors from outer space have you as the most visible landmark after the Great Wall of China, you know it’s time to temper your compulsion just a bit.😁

Today I used two single wall boxes inside a double wall box thinking the whole time you would have been proud of my cardboard usage.🦊

Feb 25, 2023 at 12:18 AM Post #111,694 of 152,711
Soon as I saw the new amps, I thought time for some of those radials. I think a Rekkr, a Muso, and one of your radials will be perfect for the kitchen...
I am always glad to help if I can. I am retired but I like to stay busy. My main concern is showing respect to some fine hardwoods and appealing to both sight and sound.

I am also interested in rebuilding audio gear from the past but that is another story. Over the weekend I hope to examine more Carver gear from the 80’s.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2023 at 12:40 AM Post #111,695 of 152,711
I've been waiting for this announcement for almost 5 years.
I may have still had hair then.

My wireless receivers are approx. 5"x 1.25 x 3.6"D. The Rekkr couldn't be more perfectly stackable!
Russound RX2 receivers are 4-13/16"W x 1-1/4"H x 3-5/8"D
Rekkr 5” x 3.5” x 1.25”
I also have the Russound X1-RX220, which puts out 20 terrible watts. Crazy loud! The preprocessor turns the volume down on those.
I use them to have a wireless surround system.

What's the power cord/brick on these? I have some terrible little amps where the power brick is bigger than either of these amps.

Also, how about a Parasound/John Curl style monoblock? That's where you only use one channel of the stereo amp so that the entire power supply is feeding only the one channel. Can't find a citation for this recommendation at the moment.

Now I need some recommendations for speakers that can do 60Hz and are Rekkr size.
I wonder how these would do at powering Decware DNA (anyone out there ever here one?)

To sit back, and think, “Do I really need power for the sake of power?”

There's someone out there, like Floyd level person, that says that 500W is the minimum amount of power to do transients correctly.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2023 at 12:50 AM Post #111,697 of 152,711
Well when visitors from outer space have you as the most visible landmark after the Great Wall of China, you know it’s time to temper your compulsion just a bit.😁

Today I used two single wall boxes inside a double wall box thinking the whole time you would have been proud of my cardboard usage.🦊
…. the world’s first / only folded inner transmission line cardboard loudspeaker (MDF neither needed nor wanted)! …

Feb 25, 2023 at 12:54 AM Post #111,698 of 152,711
Feb 25, 2023 at 12:56 AM Post #111,699 of 152,711
I could just follow Google maps to Cowen’s cardboard mountain, it should be easy to find.😁
…. It’s sideways …. like his Carolina Blue house …. like his Incubus Inelegans …. 🤣

Feb 25, 2023 at 1:13 AM Post #111,701 of 152,711
Feb 25, 2023 at 1:19 AM Post #111,702 of 152,711
We may need a second new shirt by then. Need to distill it down to a short, pithy saying that isn't just "we were wrong all along!"
More T-shirts!

So these amps are the products that declare we were wrong all along? Thought it was going to be something digital...

Feb 25, 2023 at 2:42 AM Post #111,704 of 152,711
Yep, they stock all product, with the caveat that if it's out of stock online, it might also be out of stock there. However, you can call the Schiitr and ask, or request particular things to be there before you come up.

Oh yeah that's a good idea.

Yes, I am dumb. I miss stuff like that all the time.

We may need a second new shirt by then. Need to distill it down to a short, pithy saying that isn't just "we were wrong all along!So

Yep, they stock all product, with the caveat that if it's out of stock online, it might also be out of stock there. However, you can call the Schiitr and ask, or request particular things to be there before you come up.

Oh yeah that's a good idea.

Yes, I am dumb. I miss stuff like that all the time.

We may need a second new shirt by then. Need to distill it down to a short, pithy saying that isn't just "we were wrong all along!"

I could not sleep so off the top o' my toadish head, if I may>

We were wrong but that's only cuz we actually did it right.
"I tell ya chum, it's time to come blow your horn"...GJALLARHORN

Come blow your horn, not your wallet. It ain't crap...It's Schiit.

Feb 25, 2023 at 4:45 AM Post #111,705 of 152,711
More fun stuff: a pair of 1960's 6AS7G tubes. Labeled as Amperex, except that Amperex never made a 6AS7G tube. They were actually made by Svetlana (a Russian manufacturer), yet show they were made in England. With the cold war at its peak back then, I'm pretty sure Svetlana didn't have a factory in England. 🤣

6AS7G Amperex 2.jpg
Hmmm, did Kim Philby work there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back