Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 18, 2023 at 12:51 AM Post #110,851 of 150,695
Geez,! I hated Minidisc. Sony made us add them to any store order. Couldn't give them away. Then they added a longer playing mode that made some discs incompatible with older players.

I have a Freya+ LISST question. Can tubes and LISST be used at the same time? Say LISST in the left side and tubes in the right?
Thanks,
barondla

Feb 18, 2023 at 12:51 AM Post #110,852 of 150,695
Jason revealed during last week’s SchiitrMeet what those first two products will be exactly, and that they’ll most likely be out next week, not this week. And while we don’t know yet what that third, potentially industry defying/re-defining/sacred-cow-BBQ’ing box will do exactly, we do know that we can expect it in March-ish, that it’ll be priced at around $450, and that it has a name: Syn.*

So we don’t have to call these things Crazy Thing #1, #2 and #3 anymore. Unless you want to, of course. :wink:
From this stream, right? I just re-watched it and he mentions date ranges but I didn't catch him saying what #1 and #2 are going to be.
(25 minutes in he discusses 1,2,3)

Feb 18, 2023 at 12:52 AM Post #110,853 of 150,695
OG Asgard sounds fantastic paired with Modi Multibit 2 and HD600. I some day want to get HE6se headphones (I've never tried planars) and I've read they can be difficult to drive. I think the Asgard would have no issue driving them. I can fry eggs on the OG too. Over easy.:)

I have my a pair of HE6se, (non v2 version)

My Piety rolls over and dies on them, my Asgard 2 does a bit better than ok on them, but not great.

I have a magni 3. But i dont recall now if ive tried it with the HE6se

@Paladin79 Incubus amp does nicely with it. Better if higher gain power tubes are used.

Ragnarok 2 balanced dominates em, but thats at high gain and if the Zu speakers are hooked up they are much louder than comfortable for a comparatively comfortable level with the HE6se's.

Those hps suck up the juice.

I just about torched my ears and my focal clears once by not reducing the volume after switching from he6se's to the clears. (different sessions with hours between them)

I screamed out in pain. Twasn't my smartest moment...

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2023 at 12:55 AM Post #110,854 of 150,695
Geez,! I hated Minidisc. Sony made us add them to any store order. Couldn't give them away. Then they added a longer playing mode that made some discs incompatible with older players.

I have a Freya+ LISST question. Can tubes and LISST be used at the same time? Say LISST in the left side and tubes in the right?
Thanks,
barondla
You could, tho if the octal lissts are similar enough to the novals I was using in my freya n, I wouldn't reccomend lissts on the left side, if you're going to mix them with tubes. Tubes seem to do a better job as cathode followers than lissts, in my somewhat limited experience. So I would prefer tubes on the left, lissts on the right.

Feb 18, 2023 at 1:00 AM Post #110,855 of 150,695
From this stream, right? I just re-watched it and he mentions date ranges but I didn't catch him saying what #1 and #2 are going to be.
(25 minutes in he discusses 1,2,3)

Jason was telling us about products 1 & 2 later in the evening. Told us what they were. I think they'll make a lot of people happy.

Then he started talking about the crazy product. Would only say that it's gonna "piss a lot of people off". Mike perked up across the room and said, "You must be talking about Syn!"

"Can you tell us if it'll piss other companies off, or will it piss off a lot of audiophiles?", I asked. He just shook his head, and said no more. 🤐

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2023 at 1:26 AM Post #110,856 of 150,695
Ya know, on sbaf they talk about "sins of omission" and "sins of commission" of audio devices; sins of omission being pretty straightforward, whereas sins of commission sometimes have to do with euphony (adding something pleasant).

If Syn is at least partly a play on sin, maybe it's some kind of audio enhancer, committing a sin of commission. Being that Mike seemed to perk up at its mention, possibly a digital device.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2023 at 8:11 AM Post #110,858 of 150,695

My Piety rolls over and dies on them, my Asgard 2 does a bit better than ok on them, but not great.

@Paladin79 Incubus amp does nicely with it. Better if higher gain power tubes are used.

Ragnarok 2 balanced dominates em, but thats at high gain and if the Zu speakers are hooked up they are much louder than comfortable for a comparatively comfortable level with the HE6se's.

I just about torched my ears and my focal clears once by not reducing the volume after switching from he6se's to the clears. (different sessions with hours between them)

Schiit-wise, the most cost effective way to run he6se's is Jot2 for sure

Feb 18, 2023 at 8:18 AM Post #110,859 of 150,695
Feb 18, 2023 at 8:31 AM Post #110,860 of 150,695
Yeah, well you already forgot what you had for dinner last night, so everything is relative. 🤣 🤣
Who are you again?
In my shop area I have shelves, cabinets, desk drawers, and boxes with all kinds of things in them. Multiple chess sets, books, records, cd's, and reel to reel tapes. Then there are hobbies I continue like knife making, woodworking, arrow making, etc. I counted six headphone amps, three receivers, four power amps, test equipment, tubes, electronic parts and so on. I once hired an employee to help straighten that area and he immediately said he needed two more people lol. I just spent two days going through all the different cable deciding what to keep. :ksc75smile:

Feb 18, 2023 at 8:40 AM Post #110,861 of 150,695

I was swapping tubes in my Incubus the other day wondered about the volume level until I realized I had swapped power tubes. I normally only run 5998's but have a lot of quality 6as7G's laying around. :ksc75smile: I had been spending so much time with power amps and speakers that I had not heard headphones in a while.

Feb 18, 2023 at 8:55 AM Post #110,862 of 150,695
I definitely plan on investing in one of Schiit's tube amps eventually!! Tubes have always fascinated me but I decided to start off simple because of the fact that I only have mid-range headphones at the moment that I don't entirely think would benefit from tubes, haha, although knowing how good the SHP9500s are, I wouldn't be surprised if they would actually benefit from them.

Also unrelated but it seems my iPhone gives more volume and punch when connected to my Schiit stack compared to my PC running Windows. I don't know if its just the way Windows handles its audio stack, or what, but I think iOS's (and in turn macOS's) audio stack is better than the audio stack built into Windows. Really interesting.

Might invest in a Mac mini or something and move to Apple Music full time because to me Apple Music sounds the best compared to TIDAL and especially Spotify. We don't have Qobuz or anything here so Apple Music / TIDAL / Deezer are our only options, and Deezer isn't very good, sadly. 😕I obviously left out Spotify because it still lacks support for lossless / Hi-Fi audio, even despite the fact that Spotify announced several years ago that it was coming.
It's a shame you do not have Qobuz, I love it and I have tried many streaming services.

As far as tube amps, even the Vali 2 offers a lot of choices. Many of us here have gone to 6sn7's with adapters and other configurations. I only run tube amps and preamps and have enjoyed working my way through most of the Schiit tube devices.

IMG_0587.jpg

Feb 18, 2023 at 9:02 AM Post #110,863 of 150,695
Who are you again?
In my shop area I have shelves, cabinets, desk drawers, and boxes with all kinds of things in them. Multiple chess sets, books, records, cd's, and reel to reel tapes. Then there are hobbies I continue like knife making, woodworking, arrow making, etc. I counted six headphone amps, three receivers, four power amps, test equipment, tubes, electronic parts and so on. I once hired an employee to help straighten that area and he immediately said he needed two more people lol. I just spent two days going through all the different cable deciding what to keep. :ksc75smile:
For a small fee, I'll come over and help. As you can see, I'm a master of organization. 🤣

Desktop.jpg

Feb 18, 2023 at 9:04 AM Post #110,864 of 150,695
For a small fee, I'll come over and help. As you can see, I'm a master of organization. 🤣

Desktop.jpg
Start by closing the roll top, that could help lol. 705E7522-2DAA-4C38-9A15-0FA3A94D3B0E.jpeg
Finnegan and I are still working on cable routing for my main system but first I have to figure out what cables I own so I do not duplicate any. Here we were working with mini speakers so I added a subwoofer/Finnegan chair.🤪

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2023 at 9:07 AM Post #110,865 of 150,695

Users who are viewing this thread

Back