Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 9, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #110,236 of 150,549
“A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; but a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist.” Louis Nizer
A (former!) manager of mine implied that those falling into that last category were unemployable.

Feb 9, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #110,237 of 150,549
AR was better before his wife became involved, I never watch his videos past the halfway point where he turns it over to her.
Couldn't agree more. AR has a grasp of scripting his thoughts in a coherent fashion but she just rambles. I pointed this out in the comments a few months ago and the feedback was NOT well received.

Feb 9, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #110,238 of 150,549
One of my favourites beers, Innis & Gunn, are "beers matured in rum casks, Scotch whisky casks, Irish whiskey casks and more.
We have some maple syrup "aged" in bourbon casks. Oh so yummy!

Feb 9, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #110,239 of 150,549
Couldn't agree more. AR has a grasp of scripting his thoughts in a coherent fashion but she just rambles. I pointed this out in the comments a few months ago and the feedback was NOT well received.
I wouldn't leave a comment on his channel about it but the whole situation is BAFFLING!!! Even my wife is like W.T.F. is happening?!

Feb 9, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #110,242 of 150,549
Valhalla 2 got here today. Set it up and plugged in my 650s...ooh I see the love for this combo. I think it will do really well with my Aeolus and probably the K240 Sextett as well. My first all-tube amp and my first impression is very nice.

Feb 9, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #110,243 of 150,549
While I really like Muse's music, I find that all of their recordings sound like a$$. They're heavily compressed like most "popular" music these days.

I don't understand it. Why would a musician allow their music to be represented the way that it is? Do they not care? Do they even notice a difference? Are they simply pandering to the lowest common denominator and just want the sound they are putting out to be LOUD because that's what all their marketeers say? Even my very pedestrian ears can tell it sounds like crap.

Why must all of the genres I like have to go down this road? I guess my tastes need to be either elevated or numbed by a suitable amount of an appropriate beverage!
With as good as the music is on an album like The Resistance with the whole Exogenesis suite on it, you would think they would care about how it was mastered.

Feb 9, 2023 at 6:04 PM Post #110,244 of 150,549
I have a pair of Infinity Renaissance 80 speakers and one has developed a blown tweeter. Does anyone know where to obtain a replacement or are these speakers at end of life?
I had a suggestion, but then I searched the site and now I don't. :triportsad:

The last time I found Oban here, it was their "Special" that was finished in (I think) a sherry cask. Too sweet for me - I prefer their regular offering, but it's hard to find - they are a small distiller. Oh, and this is Tennessee. :)
A friend gave me a dram of sherry finished Macallan he had. I thought the sherry balanced that whiskey well.

Feb 9, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #110,245 of 150,549
I had a suggestion, but then I searched the site and now I don't. :triportsad:

A friend gave me a dram of sherry finished Macallan he had. I thought the sherry balanced that whiskey well.
Did you search the site before or after the dram…🤔😉…?

Feb 9, 2023 at 6:52 PM Post #110,246 of 150,549
I wouldn't leave a comment on his channel about it but the whole situation is BAFFLING!!! Even my wife is like W.T.F. is happening?!
I think they are offering a different perspective. I think she is fine and perhaps it is useful for some viewers.

As mentioned previously, one could always only watch the parts in which one is interested.

Feb 9, 2023 at 7:26 PM Post #110,247 of 150,549
I agree. I've had two DL-103's: one in stock form, and then a Zu-modded version (gotta get on a waiting list for those) which takes the performance up another notch. Real MC performance without breaking the bank. As it's a low compliance design, a tonearm with high(er) effective mass is necessary, at least 10 grams and preferably closer to 15. I'd put the DL-103 in the "neutral" sound category.
I'm thinking of the Denon or Zu version. You have both. Is the upgrade a huge value proposition, or would you be happy having stayed with the Denon?

Feb 9, 2023 at 7:35 PM Post #110,248 of 150,549
A little olive wood and walnut headphone stand I just completed.
Very very nice. Now, can you make one like that that also has 2 shelves, one each for my MagPi and (soon!) MMB2? Pls & ty :wink:

Feb 9, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #110,249 of 150,549
Given that you talked me into my Freya N, what does that make my purchase?

.... And what does that mean for my subsequent Aegir and Bifrost 2 purchases that I was forced into against my will?

I am going to drop this line of thinking. I don't like where this is going.
Remember once the avalanche has started it is too late for the pebbles to vote.

Feb 9, 2023 at 7:40 PM Post #110,250 of 150,549
I love my Aegir, and have been thinking of adding a 2nd one, but I've heard some people say that some of the magic is lost when that is done. What has your experience been?
Do Tyr have the same magic as Aegir, just more powerful? Or different magic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back