Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 3, 2023 at 8:58 PM Post #109,756 of 155,069
My Drop HD650s have been with me for years, getting daily use as my dog-walking 'phones. The ear pads are pretty darn manky.

What recommendations do y'all have for replacements?
I don't use my Senn600 or 650 outdoors, so I don't know about that aspect and the temperatures.
For indoor use I highly recommend dakoni fenestrated pads ( cost about $70). To my ears they make already good 'phones sound much better.
I forget where I read the original recommendation (Tyll?); it has been echoed by others here on HeadFi. I've been delighted with them for two years now.
Noah

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2023 at 9:01 PM Post #109,757 of 155,069
I'm sitting here watching Lawrence of Arabia. If there was ever a movie that needed to be remade this is it. Modernize and overly dramatize the music, film it with modern wide angle, high def equipment, in the deepest, starkest deserts, and find someone equally weird to play El Awrence and it would be brilliant.

:fearful:

I'm going to report you to Steven Spielberg...!

"There is a willful lemming-like persistence in remaking past successes time after time. They can't make them as good as they are in our memories, but they go on doing them and each time it's a disaster. Why don't we remake some of our bad pictures--I'd love another shot at The Roots of Heaven (1958)--and make them good?". - John Huston

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2023 at 9:02 PM Post #109,758 of 155,069
I'm sitting here watching Lawrence of Arabia. If there was ever a movie that needed to be remade this is it. Modernize and overly dramatize the music, film it with modern wide angle, high def equipment, in the deepest, starkest deserts, and find someone equally weird to play El Awrence and it would be brilliant.
Have Denis Villeneuve direct it, with Timothée Chalamet in the role of T.E. Lawrence. Hey, a lot of the footage has already been shot!

Feb 3, 2023 at 9:04 PM Post #109,759 of 155,069
No vote from me, yes there are issues with it but can Hollywood please stop the remakes? I ended up using it in a high school history class, winter break assignment was pick a video from the list, watch it, write an X page essay on the historical issues. Seems a couple historians made a well citied sites that no longer exists that I was able to use to find the correct sources to then write the essay with - didn't site them, pulled the original sources they used but was a lot easier than what some of my class mates had to do.

I am sure there are a lot of other items they can make similar epics with, and likely more accurate/culturally appropriate, but let them stand as it was. Also, I doubt epics like that will do well in the box office now, but how well Avatar 2 (Free Willy in Space) is doing its probably good I still to the primary metals industry.

Feb 3, 2023 at 9:17 PM Post #109,762 of 155,069
That's very strange to me. My Saga OG preamp doesn't pop when switching through inputs or modes. And my Martin Logan's are 91dB efficient. No pops through any of my AR speakers either. Relay clicks, and that's it. My son hates the relays, and I think it's OK. I like the sound. :laughing:

For reference, my amp is an Aragon 2004 MK II.
Question: do you find the Saga OG has low output? My old hand made tube preamp was louder.

Feb 3, 2023 at 9:24 PM Post #109,763 of 155,069
:fearful:

I'm going to report you to Steven Spielberg...!

"There is a willful lemming-like persistence in remaking past successes time after time. They can't make them as good as they are in our memories, but they go on doing them and each time it's a disaster. Why don't we remake some of our bad pictures--I'd love another shot at The Roots of Heaven (1958)--and make them good?". - John Huston
Maybe the rule does not apply to westerns. Remakes of True Grit and 3:10 to Yuma seemed pretty darn great to me. 🤠

Feb 3, 2023 at 9:36 PM Post #109,765 of 155,069
Those aren't westerns and you just proved my point. 😛

J/K -. The Departed is epic...

But you do bring up a good point. Remakes can be better than the original and still be bad. 😀

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2023 at 9:42 PM Post #109,766 of 155,069
The Class A one won't last indefinitely without a fan on the heatsinks, but it should survive well enough.
dry ice on the heat sinks so that the fan noise won't give it away? Liquid nitrogen so it'll go to 11? :wink:

Feb 3, 2023 at 9:51 PM Post #109,767 of 155,069
That was filmed in 70mm which exceeds what's possible with high def, iirc. Other than that, carry on.

Feb 3, 2023 at 9:54 PM Post #109,768 of 155,069
Have Denis Villeneuve direct it, with Timothée Chalamet in the role of T.E. Lawrence. Hey, a lot of the footage has already been shot!
Just a bit of editing, then! :-D

Tho, now that you mention it maybe Dune is just a sci-fi version of Lawrence of Arabia, chan.

Feb 3, 2023 at 9:56 PM Post #109,769 of 155,069
I now have Pro-Ject's The Beatles '64, The Beatles Singles, The Beatles 50th Anniversary Sgt. Pepper (Drum Kit) and the George Harrison Tribute turntables.
I think you now have more Beatles TT than there are actual Beatles?

Feb 3, 2023 at 10:02 PM Post #109,770 of 155,069
Question: do you find the Saga OG has low output? My old hand made tube preamp was louder.

No, the Saga's playback levels are fine to me. But, I don't listen loud. Still, the Saga does need a good turn on the volume knob. That's by design, so that doesn't bother me either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back