Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 2, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #107,251 of 150,446
1672686156085.jpeg

It's a little nippy at the office today.
So naturally, I rolled Folkvangr back into the desk system.

In other news:
I need to dust.

Jan 2, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #107,253 of 150,446
Last edited:
Jan 2, 2023 at 2:51 PM Post #107,255 of 150,446
Any chance to see an all-in-one Modi Multibit 2 DAC x Vali 2 Tube Amp like the Lyr 3 used to be offered?
I don't see a "in the near future" tube amp from Schiit that takes their TrueMultibit card, but they do surprise us from time to time.

I suppose, given Jason's expressed disappointment in the take up of his tube shortage solution products, the latest Lyr could face earlier than expected refinement to a Lyr+ that takes cards, say whenever the Unison TrueMultibit arrives?
The Reflektors were among my favorite tubes in the Mjolnir 2; I saved a few pairs from the mid seventies. I am now down to five headphone amps I use on a regular basis and most of those take other tubes.
Is there some particular Reflektor that is desireable? I see a wide range of prices and there doesn't seem to be any reason for why some are more other than the vendor. Am I missing something by getting the cheapest ones I can find?

Jan 2, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #107,256 of 150,446
I was curious how the Piety would sound with my old AKG K240 Sextetts. Holy smokes! Even though they are 600 ohms I think the Piety is more than capable. It takes some ass to drive the 240s so that's saying a fair bit I think.

Jan 2, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #107,257 of 150,446
I know someone here knows the answer to this question - will an Innuos Zen or a Bluesound Vault rip the CD layer of an SACD bit perfect (or at all)? Thanks in advance...
The Bluesound Vault will not rip the SACD layer, nor will it play .DSD files. I'm not familiar with the Innuos Zen but I doubt it will rip the SACD layer, either.

Edit - I just looked at the Innuos Zen site and it doesn't appear that it will rip SACD or play DSD files.

zen.png

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #107,258 of 150,446
The Bluesound Vault will not rip the SACD layer, nor will it play .DSD files. I'm not familiar with the Innuos Zen but I doubt it will rip the SACD layer, either.

Edit - I just looked at the Innuos Zen site and it doesn't appear that it will rip SACD or play DSD files.

zen.png
I realize that my question was not clear enough - will something like that rip the CD Layer of a Hybrid SACD? I have never really dealt with SACDs so I am just wondering...

Jan 2, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #107,259 of 150,446
I realize that my question was not clear enough - will something like that rip the CD Layer of a Hybrid SACD? I have never really dealt with SACDs so I am just wondering...
Uggghhh... Your question was perfectly clear, it's my reading comprehension that sux. My CD ripping software (dBPoweramp) ripped the CD layer of my two SACDs without issue so I suspect both the Bluesound and Innuos will do the same.

Jan 2, 2023 at 4:50 PM Post #107,262 of 150,446
I’m in Roaring Gap, in the northwest corner of the state.
At this point, I'm seeing a Research Triangle Schittr meet/show - I vote for an April 1 date for added laughs.

A Factory Acceptance Test in Winston-Salem March 28-30 is only a coincidence, ignore the person behind the curtain.

Jan 2, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #107,263 of 150,446
When the building was built, the no longer waste heat from all those lights was factored into the buildings indoor air temperature.
Other things aside, I read somewhere that it's normal for building architects to take into account the heat generated by the people in the building as part of the HVAC "formulae."

Reading what I just wrote, I think The Matrix might be more of a documentary than I thought...

Jan 2, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #107,264 of 150,446
At this point, I'm seeing a Research Triangle Schittr meet/show - I vote for an April 1 date for added laughs.

A Factory Acceptance Test in Winston-Salem March 28-30 is only a coincidence, ignore the person behind the curtain.
My daughter and her friends in college always talked about the Containment Area for Retired Yankees (maybe a different word for the R...)

Are y'all close to that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back