Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 31, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #107,131 of 150,540
Yes at the power panel....BE CAREFUL!! Have an expert do this....
An expert in this area I am most certainly not, and I (mostly) know my limitations. I survived my teens and early twenties despite several...ah...misadventures and ill-considered decisions. Now is not the time to press my luck again 🙂. We need to get some electrical work done as part of some renovations in the new year, so I'll add looking into this as part of the jobs list, depending on what the POCO says.

Dec 31, 2022 at 4:20 PM Post #107,132 of 150,540
Unless you are a collector, or just like showing off, I just don't see the point of fancy watches at this point. My phone or computer will always tell me the time more accurately and I don't really see the point of wearing a watch as jewelry. Maybe if out in the wilds I could see wearing a sturdy watch but otherwise it seems an anachronism to me.

I'm one of those weirdos who loves anachronisms. I was probably born in the wrong time period. Love straight and safety razors, fountain pens, mechanical watches, vintage fashion. If it's old and requires more effort, you can bet I'm probably drawn to it.

Dec 31, 2022 at 4:25 PM Post #107,133 of 150,540
I'm one of those weirdos who loves anachronisms. I was probably born in the wrong time period. Love straight and safety razors, fountain pens, mechanical watches, vintage fashion. If it's old and requires more effort, you can bet I'm probably drawn to it.
Ha! You need some vinyl, a turntable, tracking adjustments, moving coils, counter weights, ant-tracking a 50 slider analog equalizer and a set of Dynaco Speakers. then get a set of Koss Pro 4aa's or HD 414's....awesome times!

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #107,135 of 150,540
Ha! You need some vinyl, a turntable, tracking adjustments, moving coils, counter weights, ant-tracking a 50 slider analog equalizer and a set of Dynaco Speakers. then get a set of Koss Pro 4aa's or HD 424's....awesome times!
And, of course, one of these. No self-respecting vinylhead flies blind without one. 🤣 🤣

1672522478050.png

Dec 31, 2022 at 4:37 PM Post #107,136 of 150,540
Yes, absolutely. Personally, I'm quite comfortable working on outlets and such....anything after the circuit breaker. I've never summoned the courage to go inside the main panel though which has probably contributed to me not being dead. 🤣
It does not hurt. At least so far. It could be because it happens sooooooo fast!

:ksc75smile:

Dec 31, 2022 at 4:41 PM Post #107,137 of 150,540
I suffer, albeit gladly, the same affliction. I tend to think it is because style never goes out of style.:beerchug:

Dec 31, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #107,138 of 150,540
Dec 31, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #107,139 of 150,540
If only the leisure suit jacket had VU meters in place of the pockets... 😀

Dec 31, 2022 at 4:54 PM Post #107,140 of 150,540
I've been so much enjoying my Jot 2 that I was wondering if I should try Raggy, but I don't need the speaker function ... and I figured it was only a matter of time until Thor's Hammer returned to the Schiit line up and Jason told us that a Mjolnir 3 tube amp wasn't in the cards ... balanced tube topography requiring 2x the tubes at a time when Schiit is leaving the tube business .. sort of ... and I can't excuse monoblocks the size of MLB bases this year but a Mjolnir 3 next year maybe cure my solid state itch.

I'm frankly in Shock that Mjolnir 2 isn't selling for more in the used categories. It's a very good amplifier, I can't imagine there is better for less than $2k?

WIth 8 watts? As tube hybrids go, this is a very excellent deal in audio right now. Oversaturated new market, the used stuff is getting overlooked.

I still have my Mjolnir 2 with Gold Lion tubes paired with Gumby A1 (upgraded to Unison). It's hard for me to move on and try something better since this is already so good. With the 8 watts at 32 ohms when balanced, I can't imagine needing anything more powerful unless I one day get my hands on an HE6 or a Susvara.

Dec 31, 2022 at 4:57 PM Post #107,141 of 150,540
Dec 31, 2022 at 5:00 PM Post #107,142 of 150,540
I suffer, albeit gladly, the same affliction. I tend to think it is because style never goes out of style.:beerchug:

I'm trying to single-handedly bring back 3 piece suits in the office. I also love pocket watches but don't wear them on a regular basis. Also dabbling in detachable stiff collar shirts. Requires subtlety to incorporate these elements into daily wear without looking too costume-y.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back