Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 9, 2022 at 9:01 PM Post #105,361 of 155,117
Dec 9, 2022 at 9:40 PM Post #105,364 of 155,117
Up to you, my hearing has suffered the negative effects of loud stereos, concerts, and performing in bars.

However, my sense of "tone" and how much I enjoy my Schiit has not diminished and I definately can tell a difference while listening to my headphones/speakers/car :L3000:

Dec 9, 2022 at 9:42 PM Post #105,365 of 155,117
Since we are dating ourselves…
If you ask my wife, she'd tell you I probably wouldn't want to date myself... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: , but maybe that's a forum somewhere else!

Dec 9, 2022 at 9:59 PM Post #105,366 of 155,117
FedEx was supposed to deliver a pair of box’s on Friday. I ended up getting one yesterday and the other should be coming today. Hopefully. Oh, and thanks to Jason for the BF sale. I probably wouldn’t have gotten these without it.9263F1DB-484A-4063-838F-44869B4B030E.jpeg
when that happened to me someone said it would be worth the wait. It was. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do

Dec 9, 2022 at 10:27 PM Post #105,368 of 155,117
Up to you, my hearing has suffered the negative effects of loud stereos, concerts, and performing in bars.

However, my sense of "tone" and how much I enjoy my Schiit has not diminished and I definately can tell a difference while listening to my headphones/speakers/car :L3000:
As you get older you can lose an octave but luckily much of music is still in your range. I also believe the ears become trained. Headphones and amplified sound helps.

Dec 9, 2022 at 10:42 PM Post #105,369 of 155,117
Me 36, just started noticing i am not hearing as good as i used to an year ago
Does anyone felt like it at some point?

I don’t even know if there is a point in buying expensive/good Schiit
I'm 60. I worked on the flight deck of the USS Nimitz for 6 years, it was so loud my teeth rattled in my skull when the Tomcats were catapulted off the deck. I was on firing ranges and bombing ranges all day and loud music all night most of my adult life. Good headphones and some Schiit to drive them and I'm as happy with my music as I have ever been.

Dec 9, 2022 at 10:46 PM Post #105,370 of 155,117
I'm 60. I worked on the flight deck of the USS Nimitz for 6 years, it was so loud my teeth rattled in my skull when the Tomcats were catapulted off the deck. I was on firing ranges and bombing ranges all day and loud music all night most of my adult life. Good headphones and some Schiit to drive them and I'm as happy with my music as I have ever been.
Sometimes it is not the music but the silence in between, I think @bcowen said that.🤪

Dec 9, 2022 at 10:48 PM Post #105,371 of 155,117
Good article in the NYtimes about seal drop outs.

Dec 9, 2022 at 10:53 PM Post #105,374 of 155,117
Me 36, just started noticing i am not hearing as good as i used to an year ago
Does anyone felt like it at some point?

I don’t even know if there is a point in buying expensive/good Schiit
I'm 43, and years of playing in punk bands (even tho I always wore ear plugs during practice and shows!) as well as practicing drums regularly and banging on a crowbar with a hammer once for hours (both without ear plugs) have left me with constant ringing in my ears and I'm pretty sure a good amount of high frequency hearing loss.

I swear the hammering was the worst. Some maniac had carpeted over real brazilian cherry hardwood flooring in a condo I bought, so I had to pull up tack strips and just used what tools I had access to at the time. Try getting nails out of brazilian cherry sometime. Good times.

But I still know what good bass feels like in my body, and I still get a good overall sense of timbre, texture and sound staging. And who knows, maybe between both ears, I still have good overall coverage of the higher frequencies. I do tend to get easily fatigued by harsh upper frequency content tho.

Dec 9, 2022 at 11:05 PM Post #105,375 of 155,117
Good article in the NYtimes about seal drop outs.
Yeah I saw that, the title got me to read it, claiming SEALs were chipping paint when it was actually people who didn't complete the training. Welcome to the Navy. If you flunk out of a school you're assigned to whatever billet fits the needs of the Navy. It's always been lke that in the Navy some jobs have very high rewards for completion and very undesirable jobs for those who fail. The extra high failure rate needs investigation though. Bud's has never been anything but a sincere test of those who attend. The current pool of recruits seem to be finding the challenge too much. Maybe it's the program, maybe it's the quality of people trying out for the 2nd toughest job in the Navy....the toughest job in the Navy is being married to someone in SPECWAR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back