Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 3, 2022 at 11:09 PM Post #104,851 of 150,581
I will get you exact measurements tomorrow and if the connectors I have do not work I will locate some that will.
Please don't go to too much trouble, I feel bad already

Dec 3, 2022 at 11:17 PM Post #104,852 of 150,581
I'm reading about all of the shipment problems. As a retired mailman, this time of year is tough. Keep that in mind when you complain about this and that. Most of us were doing the best that we cou
I'm always courteous and make it a point to thank the front-line workers, every time. I never blame or get angry with them either in person, on the phone, or online. I've gotten to know the regular delivery drivers that I see on a weekly or semi-weekly basis. The corporations? The corporate entity I will get annoyed with.

Dec 3, 2022 at 11:27 PM Post #104,853 of 150,581
Please don't go to too much trouble, I feel bad already
No reason to feel bad, when I can help I do. I have connectors and cable that will go to waste if I do not do something with them. Everything is relative, compared to building an amplifier or speakers or knives this is simple stuff.🤪 Heck Finnegan might build it, as soon as I got out connectors he was ready to go. A690ADFA-2A2E-45DB-A995-A7478A196381.jpeg

Dec 3, 2022 at 11:29 PM Post #104,854 of 150,581
No reason to feel bad, when I can help I do. I have connectors and cable that will go to waste if I do not do something with them. Everything is relative, compared to building an amplifier or speakers or knives this is simple stuff.🤪 Heck Finnegan might build it, as soon as I got out connectors he was ready to go.A690ADFA-2A2E-45DB-A995-A7478A196381.jpeg
"Bring me your finest connectors. I wish to bat them off the table with my paw" 🧐

Dec 3, 2022 at 11:42 PM Post #104,855 of 150,581
From my favorite song of what many, including my self, consider to be George Harrison's Magnum Opus -

"But the Pope owns 51 percent of General Motors
And the stock exchange is the only thing he's qualified to quote us"...

George Harrison - "Awaiting On You All" from "All Things Must Pass".

These words have stayed with me for over 5 decades now. And with good reason.

Dec 4, 2022 at 5:29 AM Post #104,858 of 150,581
I resemble that remark, I am using a cheap Class D to test mini radial speakers while I work on a class A EL 34 amp. I got tired of lugging the Cary out to the shop for test purposes. :ksc75smile:
EL34 dedicated headphone amp is my next buy, if I can find one. Why? Just because I need to scratch the itch :relaxed:

The Willsenton R8 is pretty good with my 6XX, but I think I can do better (for a reasonable./similar cost)... other wise Asgard or Lyr - I'm looking at you.

Dec 4, 2022 at 6:46 AM Post #104,859 of 150,581
Wait, it'll drive speakers? How much power will it put out at 4 and 8 ohms? I tried to find the info on the website, but nothing exists. It would be nice to have a section on the website for old products with this information...
From his “Weldenheim” chapter.
The catch? It also maxes out at like 3.2W into 8 ohms. That’s the low rail voltages working against you. I didn’t test it, but it would probably do almost 6W into 4 ohms and 10W into 2 ohms. Maybe. Don’t quote me. However, here’s the thing: you could wire up an adapter, and run speakers all day off the Jotunheim R.

Dec 4, 2022 at 7:47 AM Post #104,861 of 150,581
I've actually had FedEx send me an email that my product was delivered and was on the front porch but it didn't actually show up until the next day. They are the biggest liars in the shipping industry these days. It is really rare that they actually deliver on the day they say they will and I live in the Los Angeles burbs so there isn't really an excuse.
I doubt that they were lying. But sometimes they deliver to the wrong address and then the package shows up the next day on the correct doorstep. Monitoring my Ring Doorbell video surveillance, I have occasionally seen delivery drivers put something on my doorstep and then a 60 seconds later come and pick it up, and presumably deliver it to my neighbor since I wasn't expecting any package that day. But obviously the sometimes don't realize their mistake and my neighbor just leaves the package on my doorstep.

Same with US Mail. I get the USPS Informed Digest email (a free service from the USPS) from them with a scan of the front of all the US mail that I will receive each day, and sometimes an item doesn't show up until one or more days later. Since I sometimes get mail delivered to me that actually belongs to my neighbor, I am quite sure some of my US mail is delivered to my neighbor and it gets in my mailbox the next day or so by my neighbor or USPS.

The delivery companies are having a hard time finding qualified delivery people, which puts more stress on the understaffed employees they already have. For the first time in my lifetime (I am 71) I have seen help wanted signs at my local USPS office.

Dec 4, 2022 at 7:56 AM Post #104,862 of 150,581
It's nice to see the positive replies to my post. Thanks. Most of the people that I worked with at the Post Office were good hard- working individuals. Mistakes happen and when it was brought to my attention, I apologized and tried not to do it again. When people get involved, things happen sometimes.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2022 at 8:22 AM Post #104,863 of 150,581
I'm very satisfied with the service I've gotten from USPS, UPS and Fed X over the years where I live. Never a serious issue other than my anxiousness to get that new Arglebargle component fired up in one of my rigs. UPS even delivers on a regular, sometimes twice daily, basis to my post office (Amazon stuff mostly) where I pick up my mail. The ladies at the post office sign for me when a signature is required. Both UPS and USPS has been terrific on a lot of stuff delivering all the the gear I've been selling in 3 to 4 days in most cases, (I've been tracking my sales for deliveries as well), even to the west coast. Fed X deliveries almost always come to my door but I've never had an issue and I rarely use it to ship unless the recipient requires it.

Down sizing my equipment has been a real learning experience for me. It's one thing to sell a piece every now and then but in my case with a mass clean out... I've sent everything so far with insurance and a sig to protect me and the buyer. Not cheap but as as this is the end of the audio road for me the last thing I want is any unhappy buyers / hassles, especially as they have all been Head-Fi-er's. And I won't have to go through this exercise in the future.

I've made over 2 dozen sales but only had to list 7 of them, I had so many Head-Fi-er's contacting me proactively knowing my equipment inventory from my "Spoiler" signature. One Head-Fi-er took both my Valhalla 2 and LYR3 yesterday so they get marked "Sold" today in the classifieds. They are packed (and always with some extra "goodies") and ready to go to UPS today or tomorrow.

As I look across my living room to the equipment rack I'm down to just 5 pieces of hardware and 3 of those could be dumpster fodder as there is not much money involved.
Same with odds and ends like cables and other accessories, and such. I've kept good records of all my purchases and sales so no problems proving I took significant losses on everything to IRS. Of course, I can't take the losses as I'm not a registered business. My accountant advised me that IRS is requiring PayPal to report certain transactions on 1099's so some folks might be blind-sided next year. I at least have insured I've taken significant losses on everything (LOL!) sold right down to the tubes and accessories and with good record keeping the only thing I will have to pay is to my accountant for more paperwork.

One of the good things to come out of the change over from in store sales to internet sales is storing e-mail receipts for record keeping. And as I only returned to the audio hobby in Jan of 2016 I'm in good shape, I hope.

My tube inventory will be the last thing to address and they are lightweight and take up little space so to take them with me in, probably 2 suitcases, is not a problem, which is a good thing as I suspect that project could drag out for months and I might have to use e-buy . That will be another learning experience.

Dec 4, 2022 at 8:44 AM Post #104,864 of 150,581
It's nice to see the positive replies to my post. Thanks. Most of the people that I worked with at the Post Office were good hard- working individuals. Mistakes happen and when it was brought to my attention, I apologized and tried not to do it again. When people get involved, things happen sometimes.
Before Amazon started making their own deliveries, UPS and USPS in my area were absolutely hammered this time of year. Covid also caused people to order more items from home. Packages sometimes went from UPS to USPS and would be delivered on Sundays.

I did have issues with a Fed Ex driver who never seemed to be able to deliver cases of wine to me, they would be returned to the shipper. He made claims that we were not home and my security system showed he never so much as drove down my street or approached my house lol. That was more of a problem with an individual, not a company. He was moved to another route and all is well again.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2022 at 8:50 AM Post #104,865 of 150,581
Great room! Are those Tekton speakers? Do you like them?
Yes, Double Impacts and I've had them for over four years. They are great, love them with Vidar and Freya+.

I'm holding off on judgement on the Tyrs - a lot more detailed but my breakfast comment was that the combination is "tiring" not as mellow or relaxed. We'll give it a couple of weeks and see. Part of the problem may be that Ms Jody, who is delighted, and is describing audio in ways I've not heard her say before had the volume up so loud that I couldn't avoid her music in my office at the other end the house upstairs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back