Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 28, 2022 at 7:41 PM Post #104,146 of 149,761
Yep, same exact preamp, same passive, same differential buffer, different tubes, different operating point. Sounded good to me. Odd it didn't take off. Ah well, you don't win them all.
A couple of folks commented in another forum on this site that they were waiting for reviews and comparisons, but I'd imagine that would only be a small subset of fence-sitters and tire-kickers. I wonder if it's because there was no LISST option, the tubes were of lesser interest compared to the ones in the +...? No way of knowing. Sorry it didn't hit cruising altitude, but I'm glad I was able to lighten Schiit's load of them by one.

Question, and pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by 'operating point'?

Nov 28, 2022 at 7:47 PM Post #104,147 of 149,761
Does the email registration work on Schiiit's site? It's rejected every email I enter as invalid. I have been trying to make a purchase since Friday. Can I call to place an order?
100% working.
A couple of folks commented in another forum on this site that they were waiting for reviews and comparisons, but I'd imagine that would only be a small subset of fence-sitters and tire-kickers. I wonder if it's because there was no LISST option, the tubes were of lesser interest compared to the ones in the +...? No way of knowing. Sorry it didn't hit cruising altitude, but I'm glad I was able to lighten Schiit's load of them by one.

Question, and pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by 'operating point'?
Different tubes need different plate loads, different current, different plate voltages. We changed Freya Noval to optimize for Noval tubes like 6N1P, not octals like 6SN7.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Nov 28, 2022 at 7:55 PM Post #104,148 of 149,761
Erm, apparently I was told that I cannot change my order anymore as the order is shipped even though I see that Fedex havent taken the package yet

I am ok with getting the mug on a separate occasion but would need the 230V adapter at the very least
Schiit like this is why Jason is usually drinking wine.

Nov 28, 2022 at 7:59 PM Post #104,149 of 149,761
100% working.

Different tubes need different plate loads, different current, different plate voltages. We changed Freya Noval to optimize for Noval tubes like 6N1P, not octals like 6SN7.
I have 5 email addresses, 4 for my business, it tells me they're all 5 invalid. I will see if accepts the order without an email if not, I guess I'm schiit outta luck.

Nov 28, 2022 at 8:01 PM Post #104,150 of 149,761
I have 5 email addresses, 4 for my business, it tells me they're all 5 invalid. I will see if accepts the order without an email if not, I guess I'm schiit outta luck.
Email orders@schiit.com with a screen capture of the error. I just placed a test order with a new email, works fine.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Nov 28, 2022 at 8:09 PM Post #104,151 of 149,761
Could your domain have somehow wound up on a blacklist? Can happen if a lot of emails are sent in a short period of time etc. You could have been mistakenly flagged as a spammer etc.

Nov 28, 2022 at 8:22 PM Post #104,153 of 149,761
I'm not sure it was so much that they caved, but I sure did.

Been wanting a Lokius, and was very interested in trying Aegir and/or Tyr (even though not blown away by my Vidar, I do have Modi MB, Gungnir MB, Bifrost 2, Sys, Freya w/ LISST, (2) Freya S, Magnius).

So, upon seeing the thread (hadn't actually checked my email yet), I headed over, dropped a Lokius, Aegir, and (2) Tyr in the shopping cart, previewed the shipping cost, and it was over $500 (to Georgia, US), so looks like the old FedEx calculator was having problems again. So, simply ordered the Lokius separately ($24 shipping), then the (2) Tyr's ($144 shipping). Figured that was enough for me.

.........and my first "real" concert was Joan Jett
Good deal. I also scored the lokius. Thursday touchdown.

Sometime, I'll have to recount my story of my Joan Jett weekend in Greenville, NC in the early '80's. She's a sweet girl.

Nov 28, 2022 at 8:41 PM Post #104,154 of 149,761
I used this video since the reviewer loved GE tubes. This should drive @bcowen up the wall. :ksc75smile: GE power tubes maybe, but these tubes are cheap for a reason. :ksc75smile:
LOL! "These are going to be the tubes to get." To each their own, of course. But damn. 🤣

Nov 28, 2022 at 8:46 PM Post #104,155 of 149,761
LOL! "These are going to be the tubes to get." To each their own, of course. But damn. 🤣
Want to do another bet? Maybe now the GE are only the third worst tubes you ever heard.🤪🤪 I went through dozens just to find one that sounded reasonable.

Nov 28, 2022 at 8:57 PM Post #104,158 of 149,761
Do your addresses all have .kp, .sy, .ir, or .cu TLDs? Definitely a way to generate some interesting experiences, and maybe get an opportunity to entertain the FBI at your residence. As a precaution, best to pack up with some Vaseline would be my advice.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2022 at 8:59 PM Post #104,159 of 149,761
Want to do another bet? Maybe now the GE are only the third worst tubes you ever heard.🤪🤪 I went through dozens just to find one that sounded reasonable.
Hmmmmmm. You realize that I'd use Incubus this time around? Perhaps we should up the stakes. 🤣🤣🤣

Nov 28, 2022 at 9:02 PM Post #104,160 of 149,761
Apologies in advance for the sarcasm as I know most seek out this spot for advice about knives and cats and, sometimes, various Schiit... however, if you like stuff like "music", Roon is offering 3 months for 2 bucks. Could be a cool opportunity to fixate your nervosa on something other than tangible stuffs. Ends tonight. Technically, you're losing money and may end up with a smaller rash if you don't do it.
Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 8.58.07 PM.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back