Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 26, 2022 at 7:26 PM Post #103,966 of 150,411
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Nov 26, 2022 at 7:28 PM Post #103,967 of 150,411
Dude, it's on the splash page. It's called advertising.

History shows it can drive people mad.

The downside of Schiit doing this is obvious: harder to upgrade and think you'll sell it later. Schiit commands a premium on the used market.

Since they're only doing this once in a while I doubt they'll see a hit there though..
Don't expect holiday deals next year...or any other sales, ever again, if we can help it. Enjoy this one if you're looking for something.

Expect backorders in 2023 as we align production with demand.

That's the reality.

Last edited:

Nov 26, 2022 at 7:45 PM Post #103,968 of 150,411
Don't expect holiday deals next year...or any other sales, ever again, if we can help it. Enjoy this one if you're looking for something.

Expect backorders in 2023 as we align production with demand.

That's the reality.
I think i'll pull the trigger on a loki mini and a mani now then...

Nov 26, 2022 at 7:57 PM Post #103,969 of 150,411
For the record, Schiit does pre-warn us 🇨🇦 Canadians that FedEx adds a up to $10 charge for "brokerage" despite the US-MEX-CAN agreement. It is what it is...

Nov 26, 2022 at 8:03 PM Post #103,971 of 150,411
For the record, Schiit does pre-warn us 🇨🇦 Canadians that FedEx adds a up to $10 charge for "brokerage" despite the US-MEX-CAN agreement. It is what it is...
Shipping is so totally bonkers right now...the kind of crazy we deal with every day is nuts.

Nov 26, 2022 at 8:09 PM Post #103,972 of 150,411
if you have a Piety or you have one on the way, and you don't quite like the way it sounds
Just got back home from early-season skiing in Tahoe, and picked up my Piety from the UPS store. Connected it to a Soekris dac2541 that I had in storage waiting to join a headphone amp (the DAC has its own headphone out, but I prefer an outboard amp). Listening on ZMF Verité closed (monkeypod wood, 300 Ohm). Impressed with dynamics and tonal density, although a bit thick and slightly rough, in part likely because this R2R DAC needs some time to stabilize. Then switched to ETA Mini Closed (32 Ohm) and the low end got maybe too heavy, at least on first listen.

Nov 26, 2022 at 8:16 PM Post #103,973 of 150,411
I wonder if Magni Piety sounding better into super-low impedance loads is because it is hitting the deliberately curved output stage transconductance harder, so it's even more tube-like.
That might be what I'm hearing: from 300 Ohm (ZMF Verité closed) to 32 Ohm (ETA Mini closed) there's an increase in coloration, thickness in bass and lower mids, which is very engaging but maybe a bit over the top.

Nov 26, 2022 at 8:19 PM Post #103,974 of 150,411
A serrated Cutco is always sharp. 🤣

Cutco.jpg

True story: my parents received a set of Cutco knives as a wedding present....back in the '50's. Several of those knives are still in use today. A few years ago the handle broke on the large chef's knife (the handle was made of wood back then rather than the resin used today). Sent it back to Cutco, and they replaced it with a brand new one at no charge (and that's a $160+ knife today). "Forever" warranty? Seems so, as that knife was almost 70 years old.
Great story, but anyone who uses a serrated knife (that isn't a bread/frozen food) knife, is leaving a lot of knife technology on the floor.

A serrated knife "saws" (tears) meat (or anything else). A sharp standard bevel knife cuts slices (cuts) cleanly.

Standard bevel knives require someone skilled to resharpen them on a regular basis. Serrated knives may be used indefinitely, by idiots (people who don't won't to learn to sharpen).

I don't intend to brand anyone who likes a serrated knife as an idiot. Frankly, there's way too many Idiots reigning, to add to the total.

Nov 26, 2022 at 9:27 PM Post #103,976 of 150,411
I know the Hi-Fi rags are not highly regarded in these parts, but there is usually something worth while in the last few pages.

Case in point, the December issue of TAS. The latest from John Primer, "Hard Times" is worth a listen. You can thank me later.😎

Nov 26, 2022 at 9:38 PM Post #103,977 of 150,411
@Jason Stoddard, Just a few questions if you are still around:
Tyrs Black Friday questions:
1) Are the Available for Sale counts in real time?
2) Are the warranties the same for new?
3) Is the return 15 day policy still applicable?
1. Sort of.
2. One would hope!
3. Returning gear to Amazon is one thing. Returning bought-on-sale at a good price gear to Schiit is an entirely different thing. Legal? I'm sure Jason will say yes, but he has surprised me before (and others).

At that price? For Silver? I am considering warehousing them in case Trump is re-elected.

Nov 26, 2022 at 10:29 PM Post #103,979 of 150,411
1. Sort of.
2. One would hope!
3. Returning gear to Amazon is one thing. Returning bought-on-sale at a good price gear to Schiit is an entirely different thing. Legal? I'm sure Jason will say yes, but he has surprised me before (and others).

At that price? For Silver? I am considering warehousing them in case Trump is re-elected.
Order went through for 2 silver, 115v. So I guess still available.

Nov 26, 2022 at 10:33 PM Post #103,980 of 150,411
No Cream. You poor, poor boy.
We used to live in Benicia, you could have come over and I could tell you about them........
Interesting you should focus on Cream. A significant portion of their officially released live material was performed/recorded in 1968 in the Bay Area, at the Fillmore, Winterland, and the Oakland Coliseum Arena. If only I was a few years older! When interviewed about this era, Clapton said that Bay Area audiences were attentive, and open to their extended improvs, so they felt comfortable stretching out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back