Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 21, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #103,411 of 149,331
Saw this and wondered if this is the kind of toys that BCowen grew up with that pushed him in the 'cardboard' direction in life.

Cardboard Tank and Cat.jpg

Nov 21, 2022 at 12:53 PM Post #103,412 of 149,331
AA
Saw this and wondered if this is the kind of toys that BCowen grew up with that pushed him in the 'cardboard' direction in life.

Now there's something you don't see everyday. 😁

Nov 21, 2022 at 1:33 PM Post #103,416 of 149,331

GENERAL GEORGE S. CATTON?

Nov 21, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #103,418 of 149,331
You have a nice collection of Claritycaps I see. :ksc75smile: One tube DAC I hope to audition uses ten of them as best I recall.

Yep, I picked up a bunch when they were on sale. I use them in my big tube monoblocks. Both in the main power supply as well as on the voltage amp stage. They sound clearer and more dynamic. Electrolytics sound slightly grainy and muddled in comparison. I plan to use them in my next amp build as well.

Nov 21, 2022 at 2:19 PM Post #103,419 of 149,331
Yep, I picked up a bunch when they were on sale. I use them in my big tube monoblocks. Both in the main power supply as well as on the voltage amp stage. They sound clearer and more dynamic. Electrolytics sound slightly grainy and muddled in comparison. I plan to use them in my next amp build as well.
Will you be doing a kit or designing it yourself? A third choice would be someone else's diagram and BOM.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #103,421 of 149,331
Will you be doing a kit or designing it yourself? A third choice would be someone else's diagram and BOM.

Nothing new. It’s a VTA ST70 kit but with a whole different chassis and power supply layout. I really dislike the classic Dynaco chassis. Plus the Clarity caps won’t fit.

You can see the 6SN7 driver board in that pic. I have all of the parts I need except for the custom chassis plate that I designed with Front Panel Express.

I’m still in the “measure everything before ordering phase” because, well, mistakes happen. This is one reason I like reading @JasonStoddard go through his screw ups. It’s nice to know I’m not the only one.

Nov 21, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #103,422 of 149,331
Nothing new. It’s a VTA ST70 kit but with a whole different chassis and power supply layout. I really dislike the classic Dynaco chassis. Plus the Clarity caps won’t fit.

You can see the 6SN7 driver board in that pic. I have all of the parts I need except for the custom chassis plate that I designed with Front Panel Express.

I’m still in the “measure everything before ordering phase” because, well, mistakes happen. This is one reason I like reading @JasonStoddard go through his screw ups. It’s nice to know I’m not the only one.
Very nice, I have had some experience with the ST70 as I believe @sam6550a has as well.

Nov 21, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #103,424 of 149,331
D'oh, I have FOMO because I got a Magni+ and not the Piety, what have I done :scream:
You've ordered an amp you'll enjoy. A real shame, I know.

Myself, I forgot about the order period and "missed out." None regrets. I'll just have to remind myself when more of the impressions get posted.

Nov 21, 2022 at 2:56 PM Post #103,425 of 149,331
I received my Yggy OG yesterday after have sent it back for the + upgrade. Long story short, IMHO it was money well spent. I like the new chassis, remote (yaay) and the aspect it hopefully will not return to the mothership for future upgrades. Sitting next to my LIM, it certainly looks better, will probably send the LIM for it's upgrade soon. Thanks to Jason, Mike, Dave, Ivana and the folks at Schiit for offering this upgrade, most manufacturers would just depricate the old and sell something "new". One more thing, my Folkvanger works just dandy as a sometimes "effects" box. When one wishes to dance on the third rail of flavors, this it's just the thang!
Curious to know your impressions of the OG vs the LIM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back