Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 6, 2022 at 11:36 PM Post #100,696 of 150,825
Hey I have barely ordered more than a half dozen albums today and some of them were for my wife, the rest were for Finnegan, the cat needs his music. He seems to have developed an interest in Lou Reed. He rolls over on his back with his paws in the air when he hears Sweet Jane. I tried to let him hear the Cowboy Junkies version but he just walks away. It must be a feline thing.
some additional suggestions for Finnegan (aka Macavity):

Cat Stevens,
Survivor, Eye of the Tiger
Al Stewart, Year of the Cat
Trailer Park Boys, Whiskers Jelly (Sea Shanty) Note: credit/blame for this one belongs to @ImagesbyMurray if this gets in your head.

(added)
Cats, soundtrack

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2022 at 11:46 PM Post #100,698 of 150,825
some additional suggestions for Finnegan:

Cat Stevens,
Survivor, Eye of the Tiger
Al Stewart, Year of the Cat
Trailer Park Boys, Whiskers Jelly

(added)
Cats, soundtrack
Since Alan Parsons produced and engineered year of the cat Finnegan loves it. If I put on Dark Side of the Moon furgetaboutit Finnegan is right there waiting for me to bring him treats.🤪

Oct 7, 2022 at 2:16 AM Post #100,701 of 150,825
Does anyone think modern rock records have gotten as loud as they can possibly get? It's ridiculous when I play an album from the 60's and the volume is at 12 o'clock, then I play something recent and the volume is at 9 o'clock. (Yes, I know about the Loudness Wars.)

Oct 7, 2022 at 7:22 AM Post #100,702 of 150,825
I see that Bcowen is posting pics of his speakers over on Reddit. Quite attractive!
Top-ported, with flap-adjustable port tuning. Nice.

I refuse to buy till I know what I own. :)

Hey I have barely ordered more than a half dozen albums today […]
To quote Germany's first chancellor, Konrad Adenauer:
"Was interessiert mich mein Geschwätz von gestern?" *
…which translates to something along the lines of…
"What do I care about the nonsense I said yesterday?"

* Something he supposedly once replied to a journalist's inquiry as to why he changed his mind on a rather crucial issue seemingly over night.
A politician with a flexible mind who knew what he was doing and didn't feel like every little brain fart he has needs to be explained in detail is something I sorely miss these days.
But then again, he clandestinely used the Bundesnachrichtendienst—Germany's equivalent to the CIA—to spy on his main political opponent, Willy Brandt and the leadership of Brandt's party, more than ten years before Nixon had a similar idea, and managed to keep that a secret until a full 50 years after his own death. He out-Nixon'ed Nixon before Nixon even thought about Nixon'ing himself. Those were the days, the 50's and 60's, back when Germany was still the undisputed innovation leader of the world. 🤣

Oct 7, 2022 at 8:37 AM Post #100,703 of 150,825
Top-ported, with flap-adjustable port tuning. Nice.

To quote Germany's first chancellor, Konrad Adenauer:
"Was interessiert mich mein Geschwätz von gestern?" *
…which translates to something along the lines of…
"What do I care about the nonsense I said yesterday?"

* Something he supposedly once replied to a journalist's inquiry as to why he changed his mind on a rather crucial issue seemingly over night.
A politician with a flexible mind who knew what he was doing and didn't feel like every little brain fart he has needs to be explained in detail is something I sorely miss these days.
But then again, he clandestinely used the Bundesnachrichtendienst—Germany's equivalent to the CIA—to spy on his main political opponent, Willy Brandt and the leadership of Brandt's party, more than ten years before Nixon had a similar idea, and managed to keep that a secret until a full 50 years after his own death. He out-Nixon'ed Nixon before Nixon even thought about Nixon'ing himself. Those were the days, the 50's and 60's, back when Germany was still the undisputed innovation leader of the world. 🤣

I did a cursory look through the vinyl I own and cleaned several copies of specific records from the 60’s. When I found those to be too noisy to play I ordered new versions. Bookends by Simon and Garfunkel is one example.

I suspected those would be in bad shape, I bought a quality turntable in the late 70’s. I had so many duplicates of the Moody Blues I found decent vinyl.

Oh and having looked through all of my classical audio CD's I ordered a specific version of Die Zauberflote with Diana Damrau. My wife is really liking my audio system and her birthday is coming up so some of the music is for her.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2022 at 12:17 PM Post #100,704 of 150,825
Does anyone think modern rock records have gotten as loud as they can possibly get? It's ridiculous when I play an album from the 60's and the volume is at 12 o'clock, then I play something recent and the volume is at 9 o'clock. (Yes, I know about the Loudness Wars.)
I sure hope not, I'm testing a new louder-maker VST right now, just sent my notes off to the programmers last week. And the new version of Ozone has to come out in another two years, without another version of IIRC what will we do?

Oct 7, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #100,706 of 150,825
Testing a few times from power-off cold this week, it seems to take my recently new Bifrost 2/64 about 120 minutes warmup to come into its own - for whatever reason.

Tomorrow have a drink before you turn Bifrost on, then see how long it takes for it to come into its own...:)

I find that often, regardless of if my equipment may have warmed up before or not, music can take some time to come to its own anyway. I gather it is ears and brain that needs to warm up as well - or more probable, mind and body need to get relaxed to enjoy the music to the fullest. A nice glass of something good to enjoy with the music is probably a good catalyst for that :)

Oct 7, 2022 at 2:19 PM Post #100,710 of 150,825
I can verify that the bottom half cleans bicycle components quite nicely.
I have yet to try it on much more than jewelry and records but it does do the job. :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back