Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 21, 2022 at 9:23 PM Post #100,096 of 150,495
Kicking back. Just had our CIO leave the company last week with no notice and I had to take over a data and application migration project of our School Information System. Never mind that I was not involved in any aspects of this project (he was CIO over data and applications, and I am CTO over Technology, Networking and End-user support services). So, I'm not busy at all with progress reports, transcripts, special populations coding, federal funding codes, a parent portal roll-out, data integrations with 3rd party systems and required state reporting all needing work with looming deadlines. Nah, not busy at all.
So what do you do after lunch then? Nap? 🤣

Sep 21, 2022 at 9:44 PM Post #100,097 of 150,495
Sep 21, 2022 at 9:51 PM Post #100,098 of 150,495
Or do the 6pm laser alignments of anchor bolts and 11pm Saturday concrete pours.

And for the pilots around here, alt text of "CELEBRATE: Serve passengers tiered cakes shaped like the airspace class diagram"
pilot_priority_list.png

Isn't there supposed to be a 'genuflect' in that list?

Fly it like you STOL it!

DSC00094.JPG

Attachments

• 62Ztickchik - 1.jpg
    62Ztickchik - 1.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 0
Sep 21, 2022 at 9:51 PM Post #100,099 of 150,495
I need a drink and considering early retirement. :D
I'm just starting to celebrate my work announcement today that the next in line is taking most of my day-to-day management responsibilities while I step sideways to a technical advisor role with a small team. Someone said after the all-hands "you seemed so happy and relaxed" :beerchug:

Sep 21, 2022 at 9:54 PM Post #100,100 of 150,495
Isn't there supposed to be a 'genuflect' in that list?

Fly it like you STOL it!

DSC00094.JPG
I love that pic, I've taken many heli rides to backcountry lodges, but I'm still to score a ski plane ride to a backcountry camp in Alaska or the Yukon, very much in my bucket list.

Sep 22, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #100,102 of 150,495
Someone's REALLY GOTTA GET CREATIVE and make some Lego Cable Lifters! Get your artistic mojo on, people!
Legos are plastic, I think that @StimpyWan will reject the use of a material that can carry a static charge... now, cardboard... cardboard would be good. :)

Sep 22, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #100,105 of 150,495
Good call, as I use a static station at work, and have one at home too, for projects...! 👍
I just ground Finnegan and leave an inch of sawdust in my shop, it seems to work fine. :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile:

Sep 22, 2022 at 1:26 PM Post #100,107 of 150,495
Just thinking aloud:

I have a feeling that Folkvangr might especially be appreciated by people who don't listen to a lot of classical.
It's a fantastic amp especially for blues, rock, folk, and electro — essentially any genre where distortion is a built-in part of the deal. Even pure acoustic recordings to a degree.
With classical, though, Folkvangr sounds …noisy? …strained? …kinda "fake"?
I’m not personally the classical kind of guy, I usually enjoy rock, pop, electronic, and a bit of metal, but I kindly have to disagree. The Gungnir+Folkvangr combo has actually given me a new appreciation for classical. It just sounds really good to me with them. They give it.. soul.
:beerchug:

Sep 22, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #100,108 of 150,495
I’m not personally the classical kind of guy, I usually enjoy rock, pop, electronic, and a bit of metal, but I kindly have to disagree. The Gungnir+Folkvangr combo has actually given me a new appreciation for classical. It just sounds really good to me with them. They give it.. soul.
:beerchug:
I may have to try classical with a headphone amp today, I have the Gungnir at least. My amp and speaker system with classical is all I hoped it would be so I am set on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back