Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 9, 2022 at 11:03 AM Post #99,379 of 150,555
For any Beatles fans here who haven't heard - Revolver is getting the full treatment. New stereo mix, big multi-disc boxes with big book on CD or (limited) LP, etc. Out Oct. 28 if memory serves. Collector notes - Pic Disc LP available only thru Beatles official store for $36. (!) Amazon offering the single LP with an exclusive felt turntable platter mat with cover art for $40. (!!) But anyone who bought one of several Beatles-themed turntables might find it irresistible. (ORT?)

Sep 9, 2022 at 11:05 AM Post #99,380 of 150,555
Perhaps we might want to be more temperate in what we say about marketing, considering whose thread this is...:zipper_mouth:
I despise most marketing, mainly because I think people (in general) see through most of the BS instantly.

And it infests everything--California is now making their grid weakness into "Power Saver Rewards Events!" Positively Orwellian.

Here's our marketing:

1. Some Google search ads (nothing that chases you around, nothing that urges you to come back to the cart, oh no, **** that stuff.)
2. SchiitMeets, where you ask us to send you gear so you can do a local show, and we do that.
3. Some irreverent, nearly text-free ads in the surviving magazines from time to time.
4. Some audio shows, from time to time.
5. SchiitShows and SchiitrMeets, which are usually just to show new stuff or an excuse for me to drink and talk.

Aaaaaaand...that's it. We don't employ anyone in marketing or sales. So we're kinda a crappy marketing company.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Sep 9, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #99,381 of 150,555
I despise most marketing, mainly because I think people (in general) see through most of the BS instantly.

And it infests everything--California is now making their grid weakness into "Power Saver Rewards Events!" Positively Orwellian.

Here's our marketing:

1. Some Google search ads (nothing that chases you around, nothing that urges you to come back to the cart, oh no, **** that stuff.)
2. SchiitMeets, where you ask us to send you gear so you can do a local show, and we do that.
3. Some irreverent, nearly text-free ads in the surviving magazines from time to time.
5. SchiitShows and SchiitrMeets, which are usually just to show new stuff or an excuse for me to drink and talk.

Aaaaaaand...that's it. We don't employ anyone in marketing or sales. So we're kinda a crappy marketing company.
When you decide to hire a relatively technically savvy marketing assistant to help you drink and talk from time to time, I can send you my resume. :)

Sep 9, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #99,382 of 150,555
Next up, the "Piga" and "Piga-Giga" sizes at 1,000 and 1,250 calories respectively. Marketing is loaded with lures.
Oink!:beerchug:

A business class I attended taught you never ask a customer which size they want, they will tend to say small. What you should ask is small, medium or large?

Sep 9, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #99,383 of 150,555
For any Beatles fans here who haven't heard - Revolver is getting the full treatment. New stereo mix, big multi-disc boxes with big book on CD or (limited) LP, etc. Out Oct. 28 if memory serves. Collector notes - Pic Disc LP available only thru Beatles official store for $36. (!) Amazon offering the single LP with an exclusive felt turntable platter mat with cover art for $40. (!!) But anyone who bought one of several Beatles-themed turntables might find it irresistible. (ORT?)
Thanks for the heads up @45longcolt :relaxed:
Giles Martin has said that Revolver would be more challenging to remix than the other Beatles albums which he has done.
If his latest remix is anything like as good as his work on the others, I'll buy a copy- but I really only want the tracks from the original album, not a box set!

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #99,384 of 150,555
Thanks for the heads up @45longcolt :relaxed:
Giles Martin has said that Revolver would be more challenging to remix than the other Beatles albums which he has done.
If his latest remix is anything like as good as his work on the others, I'll buy a copy- but I really only want the tracks from the original album, not a box set!
There will be single-CD, two CD and 5 CD versions, IIRC, so you should be able to get what you desire. Full details on Superdeluxeedition.com or the Steve Hoffman forums. The new stereo version was done using de-mixing technology. That is, separating out sounds that had been bounced onto a single channel (no 48-track studios back in the day.) BTW, while a Dolby Atmos mix has been done, it's so far only available via streaming. No Blu-ray or DVD in the big box, no physical multi-channel. This has some people upset.

Sep 9, 2022 at 11:51 AM Post #99,385 of 150,555
All the terms "degrade" over time. Grand Turismo, Ghia, Etc., etc. In the UK on (IIRC) early Lotus Cortinas, they used to put Oval stickers with DISCS on them. Cars with disc brakes stopped so much shorter than drum brakes
LOL most/some (very heavy) modern EV's have drum brakes.

Sep 9, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #99,386 of 150,555
Since I am anticipating Urd in the following months, I have a question on CDs.
Is there a difference in sound quality compared to record lable burned/produced CD over the same data bought and downloaded from internet and then burned as a CD?

Any thoughts?

Answer maybe obvious but Im wondering if there’s an interesting diff

Sep 9, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #99,388 of 150,555
Since I am anticipating Urd in the following months, I have a question on CDs.
Is there a difference in sound quality compared to record lable burned/produced CD over the same data bought and downloaded from internet and then burned as a CD?

Any thoughts?

Answer maybe obvious but Im wondering if there’s an interesting diff
The source for a streaming service is likely a record-company-produced CD (unless they have access to master recordings.) So the difference between that and the CD will be determined by their ability to rip the contents and whatever they do to it. If you record that stream to a CD-ROM then the difference between those two results will be determined by the quality of your software and hardware. Each of these could very well sound different. "Better" will be in the ears of the listener.

Sep 9, 2022 at 3:26 PM Post #99,389 of 150,555
A business class I attended taught you never ask a customer which size they want, they will tend to say small. What you should ask is small, medium or large?
Interesting, we learned to show the best first...

Isn't the classic line, "do you want fries with that"? Upsell

Sep 9, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #99,390 of 150,555

Here's our marketing:

I would respectfully suggest a #6, which would be this thread/Schiit happens chapters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back