Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 1, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #95,551 of 155,065
… but my wife says I cannot remember things that she asks me to do.
I’ve always found this to be an effective excuse. Plausible deniability at its best. :grin:

Jul 1, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #95,552 of 155,065
Thank you I am looking forward to this pairing. I find the utopias to have some mid high sibilance when running solid state but is much more resolved with some tube sizzle going through it. Thoroughly enjoyed my time with a WA3 and WA22. Expecting the Folkvangr to bring in some heat!
That's interesting. I find my Utopias when connected to my Jotunheim 2 sound wonderful, even when I play some music that made my ears bleed with my HD700s. I'll definitely have to give them a listen connected to my FV when it arrives. BTW, I just received an email saying it will ship today with an expected delivery next Tuesday...if I believe FedEx. The crew in Newhall are doing one helluva job getting their schiit out the door. Thank you all!!

Jul 1, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #95,553 of 155,065
That's interesting. I find my Utopias when connected to my Jotunheim 2 sound wonderful, even when I play some music that made my ears bleed with my HD700s. I'll definitely have to give them a listen connected to my FV when it arrives. BTW, I just received an email saying it will ship today with an expected delivery next Tuesday...if I believe FedEx. The crew in Newhall are doing one helluva job getting their schiit out the door. Thank you all!!
I have owned a set of Clears prior and perhaps my ears haven’t adjusted to the Utopias yet. I felt like the Clears had more exaggerated sub bass and can mask bad mixes whereas the Utopias are more revealing for better or for worse. They sound as if there’s a 10% more clinical aspect to them but are EQ’d a little funny in the mid high for my ears. I purchased it from an Estate Sale and were barely used, perhaps more time to burn in is required, although my friends don’t necessarily believe in burn in, I’m keen on getting the beryllium driver to settle in over time.

Jul 1, 2022 at 12:56 PM Post #95,554 of 155,065
Thank you I am looking forward to this pairing. I find the utopias to have some mid high sibilance when running solid state but is much more resolved with some tube sizzle going through it. Thoroughly enjoyed my time with a WA3 and WA22. Expecting the Folkvangr to bring in some heat!
I never run Utopias with solid state, I run Class A tube gear, my downstairs stays cool year round so heat is not an issue for me.

Jul 1, 2022 at 1:30 PM Post #95,556 of 155,065
Jul 1, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #95,558 of 155,065
Shipped! Thought for sure I wouldn't get a notification until after the holiday since I didn't order until nearly 3 hours after it went live. They are CRANKING these out! :deadhorse:

Jul 1, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #95,560 of 155,065
Shipped! Thought for sure I wouldn't get a notification until after the holiday since I didn't order until nearly 3 hours after it went live. They are CRANKING these out! :deadhorse:
Wish they’d crank mine out already for Schiitts sake 😜 I wants it!!
We’ll see, I don’t know what time they went live but I didn’t order mine till about 9:30pm pst. So….🤷

Jul 1, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #95,564 of 155,065
lol, I ordered at 3:56PM PST, maybe next week :D
Ordered mine at 8:02 AM PST so I’d be pleased to see it ship today, but I’m not holding my breath. It’s a holiday weekend.

Jul 1, 2022 at 5:59 PM Post #95,565 of 155,065
I need an amp to fill this empty spot in my rack. 🤔. I think the Folkvangr will do nicely.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back