Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 14, 2022 at 8:33 PM Post #93,212 of 150,318
No need for the lesson, here. We have plenty of trees in Texas...

Screenshot_20220514-170637_Chrome.jpg
And here I thought that EVERYTHING in Texas set the example for what truly is BIG…
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

JJ

May 14, 2022 at 8:51 PM Post #93,213 of 150,318
And here I thought that EVERYTHING in Texas set the example for what truly is BIG…
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

JJ
LOL! They *do* have big horseshoes....

Texas Horseshoes.jpg

May 14, 2022 at 8:56 PM Post #93,214 of 150,318
I read somewhere that over 3% of people were borne on the 13th.
Assuming that people are equally likely to be born on any day of the month, and not counting anyone born in 1900,

( 12 13ths in a year ) / ( 365.25 days per year ) = 3.3%

Sorry. :nerd:

May 14, 2022 at 10:43 PM Post #93,215 of 150,318
Absolutely love Neutral Milk Hotel. In the Aeroplane is one of the best albums of the 90s!

Never heard of this band. I lived a musically sterile life as a highschooler in the 90s.

Im 56 seconds into track 1 as I type this. An accordion or old pedal organ kicks in. I'm entranced already. Looking forward to rest of it.. A muted trumpet, other weirdness. Cool stuff.

I just sat back down at my desk for an evening of work for my FTJ... thanks for helping combat the depression.

May 14, 2022 at 10:54 PM Post #93,216 of 150,318
Never heard of this band. I lived a musically sterile life as a highschooler in the 90s.

Im 56 seconds into track 1 as I type this. An accordion or old pedal organ kicks in. I'm entranced already. Looking forward to rest of it.. A muted trumpet, other weirdness. Cool stuff.

I just sat back down at my desk for an evening of work for my FTJ... thanks for helping combat the depression.
Just checking it out... thanks

May 15, 2022 at 12:06 AM Post #93,217 of 150,318
Was an interesting listen. I wasnt able to listen critically, but it was quite enjoyable. I will be revisiting it. Also the autoplay feature on Qobuz is really fun as it introduces me to a bunch of stuff I've never heard of before. In the Aeroplane Over the Sea will be quite the gateway to new music for me.

May 15, 2022 at 1:20 AM Post #93,219 of 150,318
About to pass out for the evening. Listening to Stephen Bishop's "It Might Be You"...

Goodnite lads and of course, sweet dreams to the loverly and gracious AudioGal. The song from "My Fair Lady" just came on and it says it all. "Wouldn't It Be Loverly". Indeed it, shall.

I would say more but I like to think that with those words, emboldened with the emotion and respect that are indicative of friendship, I have said enough.

May 15, 2022 at 11:31 AM Post #93,220 of 150,318
Was an interesting listen. I wasnt able to listen critically, but it was quite enjoyable. I will be revisiting it. Also the autoplay feature on Qobuz is really fun as it introduces me to a bunch of stuff I've never heard of before. In the Aeroplane Over the Sea will be quite the gateway to new music for me.
I have seen them two times in concert (once at the Hollywood Bowl and another at Pappy and Harriets(!!!!) and the band is VERY eclectic and put on a great show. I discovered them during my budding indie rock phase in college 20 years ago. That album still feels so right all these years later. I recently taught the title track to my Guitar class. I’m not sure they “got it” but it’s my class and I can teach what I want 😉 I’m thrilled you enjoyed it!

May 15, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #93,221 of 150,318
I beleive that the Aegir only uses 5 watts when in standby and it pretty hard to generate much heat with 5 watts.
Thanks! I've just remembered that the Tribe II is biwireable. How to choose between mono/balanced in and RCA biwired?

May 15, 2022 at 3:20 PM Post #93,222 of 150,318
34CF784F-D6E4-4A00-AE58-66781BCFBDEE.jpeg77BD5A2A-6CD5-40E4-A0A3-8F9B1A0BCF06.jpeg

An OCC balanced cable that is close to being completed after I give it a long listen. Focal Utopias to Mjolnir 2, separation, dynamic range, and overall SQ is quite good. Much better than the stock cable and it seems close to being on par with a Danacable Lasuli reference cable. Using a cotton mesh certainly cuts down on any cable related noise as it brushes against clothing etc.
https://danacables.com/product/lazuli-reference-fc/

I also built a long adapter to a TRS connector. Listening to one of my amps now with a couple incredible tubes.

E99E3615-826A-4A6F-BD61-A87A407DD6F7.jpeg

Last edited:
May 15, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #93,223 of 150,318
34CF784F-D6E4-4A00-AE58-66781BCFBDEE.jpeg77BD5A2A-6CD5-40E4-A0A3-8F9B1A0BCF06.jpeg

An OCC balanced cable that is close to being completed after I give it a long listen. Focal Utopias to Mjolnir 2, separation, dynamic range, and overall SQ is quite good. Much better than the stock cable and it seems close to being on par with a Danacable Lasuli reference cable. Using a cotton mesh certainly cuts down on any cable related noise as it brushes against clothing etc.
https://danacables.com/product/lazuli-reference-fc/
Your work is gorgeous. It is a gift that the work of your hands is the creation of your heart's desire, my friend.

May 15, 2022 at 4:57 PM Post #93,224 of 150,318
Your work is gorgeous. It is a gift that the work of your hands is the creation of your heart's desire, my friend.

Thanks, since I was not running any power tools I was able to listen to a lot of music today as I worked.

I do not have strong inclinations that cooking some cables works but I have heard some differences in headphone cables the more they are used. I used a fairly tight eight wire braid inside the cotton mesh. I tried some silver plated copper but changed over to an extremely high purity copper after all and used decent sized conductors. My wrists and hands are hurting a bit from a lot of tedious work; I tend to get into a zone though once the music starts and muscle memory takes over.

May 15, 2022 at 7:12 PM Post #93,225 of 150,318
Phew, I was away for a days and had a lot to catch up on...but I love me some car photos!

I have to say Corvettes don't have a special place in my heart, but I really loved this one when I (re-)visited the car museum in Torino during the last Christmas holiday

51830053546_53f32a0227_k.jpg

Other than photos, I can only dream of supercars myself and I've recently gone for a much more somber Volvo XC40 Recharge (and "just" single motor! The dual motor version was appealing, but pricey and a bit over the top). Considering I'm driving my "teenage" car to this day, an Opel Corsa, pretty much anything is an upgrade...and I loved the XC40 when I test drove it. Also, good for the Corsa to finally retire, especially since I've forced it out of habitat and onto highway-only commutes...poor thing

All things considered in the current, crazy market, I feel lucky I was able to haggle down the price a tad and that the (expected, supposed, alleged...fingers crossed) delivery is set to October

Users who are viewing this thread

Back