Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 10, 2022 at 8:56 AM Post #92,867 of 150,471
May 10, 2022 at 8:58 AM Post #92,868 of 150,471
Chicago has some smart people. But it’s also really cold in the winter and hot as hell in the summer. The lake is nice. Public transportation is good enough that I lived without a car for over a decade.
IQ can vary a lot from county to county, I live in a county with three colleges. Nearly 36% of the people here are involved with science and engineering. Go to some of the surrounding counties and the results are very different.

May 10, 2022 at 9:16 AM Post #92,869 of 150,471
47b348f7ca29ad2ec6032b5d29232b4bd1ae814a7fb56fd5567a3e5ba8c101de.jpg
As someone who grew up with the metric system, I think I have earned the right to say:
ºF (pronounced "Degrees Freedom") is a whole lot more intuitive in day-to-day use than ºC (pronounced "Degrees Science").

A nation of anti-monarchists and anti-British-imperialists, hanging on to the Imperial System by tooth and nail. You can't help but to appreciate the irony. 😁

LOL. And thanks to this, us Canadians are always working in both systems!

May 10, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #92,870 of 150,471
I'm gonna say no.
Three reasons:
1) "Great features" is already the second bullet point. Not a good sign.
2) It supports MQA.
3) This is a Schiit thread. ;p
sorry, wrong thread

May 10, 2022 at 9:32 AM Post #92,871 of 150,471
I'm late to the party but

I wonder what % of the people in the US hate the state they live in... :thinking:

Arkansas is last in most categories, and it is mostly self-inflected

May 10, 2022 at 10:25 AM Post #92,873 of 150,471
I'm late to the party but

Arkansas is last in most categories, and it is mostly self-inflected
I have become acquainted with many folks on this thread and overall I am often impressed by the intelligence shown here. Heck even @bcowen has a moment or two. :ksc75smile:

May 10, 2022 at 10:49 AM Post #92,874 of 150,471
NC Triangle. Highest concentration of advanced degrees in the US - or so I'm told.......
I used to live a few minutes outside of Midland, Michigan. They have a sign as you enter town claiming the highest percentage of Doctorate degrees in the world. Home to Dow Chemical’s world headquarters. Not sure if it still is after a merger or if the statement is true. But they did advertise it. Actually a very nice little city.

May 10, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #92,876 of 150,471
Yes, sadly - one of my Tyrs hums a bit louder than it should. I can hear the hum/buzz 3-4 feet away from the amp. The other Tyr hum can only be heard within few inches of the unit. So Schiit wants to take another look at the louder unit, so it will be heading back to Schiit tomorrow... BUT......hum aside....the Tyrs are spectacular! I had been using a single Aegir previously, which was my gold standard. I returned the Pass XA-30.8 and the Van Alstine M225 monos in favor of the Aegir, which I preferred. And if I hadn't gotten the Tyrs I would have been happy with Aegir. But now that the Tyrs have fully settled in and blossomed...I am astounded by what I hear. In music I have heard thousands of times before I am hearing new things, and in NEW ways. There is an intimacy to the music that at times has surprised me so much it nearly made me teary. The spaciousness, separation and clarity in the music is absolutely amazing.

As I said, the sound with the Aegir in my system was world class. I mean, Aegir IS on the Stereophile Class A Recommended List for a reason. It IS amazing. But with the Tyrs I did not realize how veiled and closed in the sound was with Aegir. It's like fat I didn't know was there has been trimmed away. And the Tyr bass control is serious and solid. Aegir doesn't put out LESS bass in my system, just less controlled bass, which makes for a "flabbier" bass sound. With the subs turned off, Aegir puts out enough bass that my toes vibrate. But the Tyrs provide bass with a precision - maybe the middle toe of my left foot and little toe of my right vibrate - just as the...artist....intended...? Well I don't know about that, but you get the idea I hope. Plenty of bass, with pinpoint precision. I will be sad to be without the Tyr(s) now so soon, but am hopeful it comes back quickly in great shape and no loud hum.

IMG_2209.JPG

IMG_2211.JPG
Update - I got the Tyr back yesterday, one week to the day I took it to Fedex. And I can happily report that the hum/buzz is much quieter now. Like with the first Tyr, I can only hear the hum/buzz within a few inches of the amp itself. Schiit notes report that they changed the transformer and "re-biased." If anyone knows what that last part means, I'd be genuinely curious to learn.

Either way, amazing customer service experience. Taken to Fedex on Friday, received following Friday fixed. Greatly appreciated Schiit!

May 10, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #92,877 of 150,471
Imagine if US would move to the metric system
9029BFA4-C5AE-420B-9C3D-C10DD3271BBB.png

May 10, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #92,878 of 150,471
May 10, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #92,880 of 150,471

Users who are viewing this thread

Back