Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 28, 2022 at 7:21 PM Post #92,027 of 155,092
Apr 28, 2022 at 7:59 PM Post #92,028 of 155,092
Stopped at the bar for happy hour.... Decided it was a good time to get a Yuengling.
PXL_20220428_213218112.jpg

Apr 28, 2022 at 8:17 PM Post #92,029 of 155,092
What does he think of the vac? We are considering reinstating our "old" one or perhaps buying a newer one.
We have two and the newest one is an i7 model from iRobot. It is great! It took a few days to memorize the down stairs area but it now goes about its business and if need be, stops to return and recharge and after 15 or so minutes goes back out to pick up where it left off. If it becomes full prior to finishing, it returns and empties it self and then goes back to where it was and continues on.

I can have it vacuum specific areas or the entire down stairs. My wife HATED it and whined incessantly until it finished mapping the down stairs and when she saw that it remembered the areas and if there was some thing new in the way or no longer there it updated its memory accordingly. Up stairs is an iRobot but it does not empty it self nor map the area. But it still does a great job.

Highly recommended!

Apr 28, 2022 at 8:25 PM Post #92,031 of 155,092
Oh, the irony of having to "Prove you're not a robot," multiple times per day...to your computer.

Let's face it, AI is already here and having a great laugh.
Not sure if you're aware of this, but the irony actually goes much deeper. Your quip about AIs having a great laugh is a whole lot closer to reality than you might have intended…

Since about 2005, those tests have mainly been a method of crowd-sourced human-guided machine learning.

Simply put, Captcha tests are a vehicle to help computers get better at text and object recognition. Every time you find yourself clicking on pictures of traffic lights and bicycles, you're not just inconvenienced, you're also volunteering your time and cognitive abilities as part of a massive, global workforce for Google to help them make their self-driving cars and other image recognition-based machine learning algorithms become more accurate. The "are you human" thing really was the original intent behind it all. But by this point, that has turned into nothing more than a welcome little side effect.

Here's a short video explaining the history and background of Captcha in a little more detail:

Two important rules of thumb regarding anything internet-related:
- Whenever a service is free, you're not the customer; you are the product.
- The phrase "in the cloud" is synonymous with "on somebody else's computer."

And now, if you will excuse me for a bit, I feel the sudden urge to shout at a bunch of rotten brats to get off my god-damned lawn… 🤣

1651191546805.png

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2022 at 8:46 PM Post #92,032 of 155,092
Apr 28, 2022 at 8:48 PM Post #92,033 of 155,092
Don't get a booster a week after getting covid. Heed my warning, it comes from experience.
Agreed. Wait 6 to 12 weeks to let the inflammation die down. It will be less uncomfortable and reduce risk of serious Vaccine side effects such as Myocarditis/Pericarditis and Thrombosis

Edit: You have to wait 3 months minimum if you received IV Ig or monoclonal therapy

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2022 at 8:49 PM Post #92,034 of 155,092
Are people suggesting that Jason uses some of his at-home time to whip up a Schiit robot vacuum?? The mind reels...
Dirty = earth?

Jörd, (Old Norse: “Earth”, ) also called Fjörgyn, or Hlódyn, in Norse mythology, a giantess, mother of the deity Thor and mistress of the god Odin.
https://www.britannica.com/topic/Jord

Apr 28, 2022 at 8:50 PM Post #92,035 of 155,092
Last edited:
Apr 28, 2022 at 10:52 PM Post #92,036 of 155,092
Stopped at the bar for happy hour.... Decided it was a good time to get a Yuengling.PXL_20220428_213218112.jpg
I always find myself compelled to get Yuengling when I head east and I’m always left slightly disappointed… but then I get again it at the very next opportunity I have. Seeing that nice cold one there, I find I have a hankering for it right now

Apr 28, 2022 at 11:13 PM Post #92,037 of 155,092
Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 12:30 AM Post #92,038 of 155,092
but you don't need to fear about being permanently maimed if you have 3 shots if you are under 50 and 4 shots if you are over 50.
So I can go back to my normal fear of being permanently maimed by avalanches, collisions with trees, or falls over cliffs :scream:

Apr 29, 2022 at 3:51 AM Post #92,039 of 155,092
Next to "no politics" , can we also please have "no covid vaccination discussions" please.
These discussions are even more toxic than political discussions IMHO. Please.

Apr 29, 2022 at 7:56 AM Post #92,040 of 155,092
Next to "no politics" , can we also please have "no covid vaccination discussions" please.
These discussions are even more toxic than political discussions IMHO. Please.
I under stand the trepidation but quite often said topics are not "just political" but rather life oriented. These things have affected real people in the real world and not just in the silly realm of "feelings" but in terms of health and finances. Many people are beyond upset and rightly so.

Politics? Yes. But when some thing screws with your life or the lives of those you truly love it can be difficult to avoid saying that which you hold true. Of course Jason can just delete such things or ban the "offender". Schiit, I was banned for a week from this thread and I think that is the right of the moderator but I also think it was stupid of them. I mention it not to WHINE but to show that I can under stand both sides of a discussion.

Even when it turns in to an argument.

In all ways and for always, be well.

ORT (OHNOTHIMAGAIN!) :beerchug:
images

Yes, I really am a tremendous fan of George Harrison!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back