Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 12, 2022 at 7:01 PM Post #89,386 of 150,578
My current system is better, but I still miss the Eitr + Modi Multibit + Vali 2 sound.
+1

Sounds too good not to have. :laughing:

Vali with Footscray.jpg

Mar 12, 2022 at 7:45 PM Post #89,387 of 150,578
shiiiit.jpg

Mar 12, 2022 at 8:00 PM Post #89,388 of 150,578
Darn it... I HAD to listen to this, and then more on Spotify and my marking is not going well because I'm too distracted by the brilliance.
I often use it when I have friends over who ask to hear one of my audio systems. A great demo, IMHO.😀

Mar 12, 2022 at 10:42 PM Post #89,390 of 150,578
Hey all,

A couple of things real fast:

1. Someone asked about Tyr this month. The answer is: most likely yes! Still "most likely" because, although we have boards and metal, we're still building, pre-testing, etc, and being super-careful about this new launch.
Looking forward to picking up a pair and rounding out my 2 channel system!

Mar 13, 2022 at 1:20 AM Post #89,392 of 150,578
When I had a Mjolnir 2 I ordered a set of LSSTs with it. They were fun to listen to (especially with acoustic music) and dramatically changed the character of the amp. I ended up preferring some Gold Lions, though, and the LSSTs lived in their boxes. YMMV :)
Are those Molnji2 LISSTs usable in anything else? With adapters?

Mar 13, 2022 at 3:55 AM Post #89,396 of 150,578
But oh my god, do they have quality assurance issues! It might just be my luck of the draw, but for the past two years or so, pretty much two thirds of the Psvane tubes I bought had an issue with either unacceptably loud hiss, with microphonics, or just sub-par fit and finish.
Hum... I had a couple of Psvane 6SN7 versions for a Lyr 3 and an Apex Peak, no issues. More recently, I've used Psvane Acme 2A3 on one of my EC Af amps, very good. I like the Linlai E-2A3s I have on my other Af, even though I went through a period where one of the Linlais had a slight occasional "bzzzt" until I moved all the gear around with careful cable routing and increased distance from computers and WiFi gear.

Mar 13, 2022 at 4:26 AM Post #89,397 of 150,578
Jazz gotta represent...

Yellowjackets - Mint Jam

Brad Mehldau Trio - Live

👍
... a few more live jazz albums from the last 20 years for your enjoyment

Bill Frisell/Thomas Morgan: Epistrophy
Charles Lloyd Quartet (Lloyd+Jason Moran+Reuben Rogers+Eric Harland): Rabo de Nube
Charlie Haden/Brad Mehldau: Long and Far Away
Chick Corea/Béla Fleck: Two
Christian McBride & Inside Straight: Live at the Village Vanguard
Dave Holland Quintet: Extended Play - Live at Birdland
Enrico Rava/Joe Lovano: Roma
Gerald Clayton: Happening - Live at the Village Vanguard
James Carter Organ Trio: Out of Nowhere
John Scofield: EnRoute
Pat Metheny: Side-Eye NYC
Roy Hargrove/Mulgrew Miller: In Harmony
Bill Frisell: East/West
Paul Bley: Play Blue - Oslo Concert

Mar 13, 2022 at 7:00 AM Post #89,398 of 150,578
I personally am a bit curious why Chinese tube companies will not be interested to sell to Schiit.

Can't be tariffs because China exports alot of electronics to US.

Can't be quantity because Schiit has the ability to buy alot.

The only reason I can think of is domestic demand is already exceeding supply and production so they don't have the ability to export tubes on a wholesale level.

Mar 13, 2022 at 7:13 AM Post #89,399 of 150,578
Has the unison better performance with ios than the old c-media?

Mar 13, 2022 at 8:27 AM Post #89,400 of 150,578
We just lost our 16+ year old Labrador. He was a good pet and friend to our son and to me, for that matter he was to all our family. Here in this state we are not allowed to be with a pet when it is euthanized. So...I took all of my saved money and paid for our dog to pass at home with his family. He is worth it and more. Like my mom taught me, there is a reason God spelled backwards is dog.

All dogs go to heaven. I will never make it but I was there to watch him complete that journey. And yes, kittehs make it too. We have lost more than a few felines. My spousal unit is sooooo comforting at these times. "No more pets, as it is too hard to watch them go." And when I pass? "No more husbands. This one was useless and I don't want to risk that again." What ever...:L3000:

I will begin saving again for the integrated amp.

Still want either the LSA VT-70 or that cool integrated Decware model.

In all ways and for always, be well. All of you.

I am so sorry you have lost your beloved Lab, @OldRoadToad.
I feel for you.
Before I met my wife, I had never owned a dog.
In the time we have been together- 34 years- we have owned, and lost, several lovely dogs.
All were cherished and are still remembered fondly.
It is heart breaking to lose one.
We have three small dogs now, two of which were rescued, and one we have had since he was a pup.
We also have a cat which my wife took in as a stray 18 months ago, as it was foraging for food in cold weather. We tried to find its owner but couldn't.
The cat has come with us 100 miles since our house move last May and has settled in well.
One of our dogs, has befriended the cat and looks out for her.
I think animals understand a lot more than we know...

Attachments

• Best friends 100322.JPG
    Best friends 100322.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back