Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 5, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #88,126 of 153,123
I have Zu Essence floorstanders and drive them with a single Vidar. With the Zu's impedance of 12 ohms, the Vidar is equivalent to a 5W amplifier with 13 dB of headroom. You can never have too much headroom.

:beerchug:
JC
I couldn't agree more!
Max Headroom

Feb 5, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #88,127 of 153,123
Why would Jason commit the resources and funds to develop a product he didn't think would generate excitement? "Let's put our time and effort into designing and building something that will generate a great big BLAH when we release it. Yeah, let's do that. "

I'm kinda sure that's not how Schiit became and remains successful.
There is a great deal of room between so much excitement Jason mentions it in an article about a different product and blah. But as I say, I'll put my money where my mouth is. I say Tyr. You say Urd. Time will tell.

Feb 5, 2022 at 2:36 PM Post #88,130 of 153,123
I am sure it will be an industry game changer. I just don't think Jason would describe Urd as generating a great deal of excitement upon release. I think he meant Tyr. I got a benjamin to back it up. You game? You seem sure of yourself.
I don't bet on anything what Schiit wil release first. My point only was that Urd and Tyr will both be worth the wait.

Feb 5, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #88,134 of 153,123
Not certain what it will be but I doubt Jason and Mike would risk another Sol(stice) level product intro. :ksc75smile:

Disagree. Both Jason and Mike want to take chances, to try to change the industry. They have stated, and seem to act, that failure is a part of the process of success. They are okay with failure as long as they learn from it.

Feb 5, 2022 at 4:32 PM Post #88,135 of 153,123
This is exactly what scares me off about the Urd. Schiit already quickly bailed on one mechanical media playback device.
It sounds like you should not be an early adaptor for any tech products. Early adaptors usually understand that their purchase could be heavily modified, could have large price drops in the future, and yes, product discontinuation is possible. Jason has indicated that rather than having traditional focus groups, they would rather develop products that excite them, and trust that the public will agree. Most of the time they succeed, but sometimes they don't. They are okay with that.

Feb 5, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #88,136 of 153,123
My money's on a soundbar with tubes, Unison and, Continuity :beerchug:

Oh and a stepped attenuator.

But in purple because silver is too cosmopolitan.
No, no, no no....you can't just say 'purple,' you have to specify which color purple. 😂

1644097897725.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back