Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 22, 2022 at 12:04 PM Post #87,751 of 155,112
I absolutely hate zombie story lines and have since Romero's "Night of the Living Dead." Such stupidity and lack of creativity if you ask me. It was why I hated Game of Thrones.
When I watched the first couple of episodes of Game of Thrones I thought it was boring - despite the skin and the violence, both of which there was plenty. It took a while for me to get into it, but what I enjoyed most was the complex characters, although the dragons were pretty cool too :).

Jan 22, 2022 at 12:04 PM Post #87,752 of 155,112
Does your speaker amp have SE inputs? I'd connect Yggdrasil to Freya, then XLR out from Freya to Ragnarok and SE out from Freya to speaker amp. Or use the Ragnarok speaker outputs for your loudspeaker listening and eliminate the separate amplifier...
Yes running a single Aegir SE so that would work. I have used the Rag for speakers, but lately I’ve been enjoying the Aegir more. I’m sure I’ll go back to Rag 2 for speakers at some point.

what mode do you run for Freya S, and what speaker power amp configuration?
Freya is usually on 1x gain mode, SE out to a single Aegir and Klipsch Fortes

Jan 22, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #87,753 of 155,112
When I watched the first couple of episodes of Game of Thrones I thought it was boring - despite the skin and the violence, both of which there was plenty. It took a while for me to get into it, but what I enjoyed most was the complex characters, although the dragons were pretty cool too :).
I liked the first season but bailed when I realized there was going to be zombies. No thanks.

Jan 22, 2022 at 12:18 PM Post #87,755 of 155,112
We have an old potato cellar on our property and I went to check it out with my little brother and a friend. When we opened the door there was a big ass spider dangling right in front of us. We promptly closed the door and never explored it further. I've owned the house for nine months now and I still don't know what lies in the cellar. It's the spider's home now.
LOL, sounds like a plot line for a fun story to tell!

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #87,756 of 155,112
We have an old potato cellar on our property and I went to check it out with my little brother and a friend. When we opened the door there was a big ass spider dangling right in front of us. We promptly closed the door and never explored it further. I've owned the house for nine months now and I still don't know what lies in the cellar. It's the spider's home now.
We used to have a nice Chinese Golden Lantern tree in our front yard. It got pretty big and provided much needed shade from the afternoon sun (we face west). One morning as I left for work I walked out the front door at 3 a.m. right into a spider's web!!!! Aaaaaaaagh! That freaking web was huUUUUUGGGge! I panicked as only a total wussy could and began flailing my arms about in an effort to break free of the web and to hopefully knock out any advancing spider(s).

After that I would turn on the porch light and survey the area for traps. I took out many an eight legged "lifetime-politician" with a can of wasp spray (good for up to 30 or so feet!) without leaving the door way. Ultimately I removed the tree as it had too many surface roots and we wanted to re-do the front yard any way. *SHUDDER*

Still listening to the 50th Anniversary Edition of "All Things Must Pass". Kinda sorta Schiit related. Well, if they come out with some thing that appeals to me this year it SHALL be. :beerchug:

Jan 22, 2022 at 1:41 PM Post #87,757 of 155,112
Apparently something has changed in the way class D is being used since the early days because several companies are using it and it must sound pretty good or people wouldn't be buying it.
Class D amps can meet European energy efficiency standards pretty easily. Has nothing to do with whether they sound good or not.

Jan 22, 2022 at 1:44 PM Post #87,758 of 155,112
Pianos, please. Harpsichords give me an odd desire to waltz off a cliff.
Really? Even played by Trelane on Star Trek?

Jan 22, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #87,759 of 155,112
Really? Even played by Trelane on Star Trek?
Especially then. :)

In the "absolute power corrupts absolutely" category I prefer the "Where No Man Has Gone Before" episode to Trelane's character.

Jan 22, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #87,760 of 155,112
Taking care of COVID patients. I am tired of people yelling at me because they don't believe their diagnosis. It has been a rough month
Don’t forget to care for yourself in all this. Goes for everyone.

Jan 22, 2022 at 2:26 PM Post #87,761 of 155,112
Jan 22, 2022 at 3:11 PM Post #87,762 of 155,112
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."
My favorite is "The avalanche has started; it's too late for the pebbles to vote."

Is Blake's 7 worth any extraordinary effort to watch?

Jan 22, 2022 at 3:13 PM Post #87,763 of 155,112
I do not know the other three...Are they what an old toad would consider traditional popular music/jazz? I think I have seen the woman's albums at B&N when record shopping.
Dashboard Confessional is what the kids would call Emo. Weezer is a pop-rock band and Lana Del Rey also makes pop music, but she has a lovely voice.

Jan 22, 2022 at 3:15 PM Post #87,764 of 155,112
That jerk Einstein, and all the astrophysicists who are proving him right, ruined sci-fi. What good is being in space if you can't travel faster than light?

I wish Uncle Albert had kept his mount shut.
I think of it more as strong anthropic principle and people of little imagination. Had we had strong anthropic and imaginative people then @Ableza's favorite dragon would be in his driveway now.

Jan 22, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #87,765 of 155,112
My Asleep at the Wheel CD arrived today, as recommended here on Head-Fi. It was a compilation, I enjoyed it very much. Coincidentally I visited a thrift shop and snagged sixteen CD's at 25 cents each, total of $4. The lady did not add sales tax. For those of you in other lands I think $4 US is like 2.5 GBP, $2,500 Australian and 35 Billion Yen, but I did not look those up. One disk is The Three Tenors Christmas, and includes them singing Feliz Navidad. I expect to enjoy that one, but it was really for my wife.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back