Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 29, 2021 at 8:57 PM Post #86,704 of 155,088
To paraphrase my compadre @Ripper2860, just when you thought we couldn't get any lower in fiendish depravity, then come I gespraching, "Here, hold my beer..."

Hearing this is like a hemorrhoid...you can never quite get rid of it. The middle singer's mouth is scary somehow...is that Lorena Bobbitt?

My advice...don't touch that Play button...oh Schiit, too late...

abdb0d106d5901301d7d001dd8b71c47

Sky rockets in flight...you know the rest...

1976. "Sigh"...

Dec 29, 2021 at 9:04 PM Post #86,707 of 155,088
To paraphrase my compadre @Ripper2860, just when you thought we couldn't get any lower in fiendish depravity, then come I gespraching, "Here, hold my beer..."

Hearing this is like a hemorrhoid...you can never quite get rid of it. The middle singer's mouth is scary somehow...is that Lorena Bobbitt?

My advice...don't touch that Play button...oh Schiit, too late...

Sky rockets in flight...you know the rest...

Well,, as long as we're all being mean to each other:

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #86,708 of 155,088
Well, that's just cruel - whatever that is. 😛

Dec 29, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #86,710 of 155,088
Let me start off by saying I'm sorry... 😏

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2021 at 9:23 PM Post #86,711 of 155,088
@Jason Stoddard you mentioned in one of your live streams that Ragnarok 2 now comes with a toroidal transformer. Looks like the specs and pictures on the site still need updating. Not sure if it was forgotten or you guys are still just crazy busy!
This is interesting because in the Rag 2 chapter Jason said they could not find a toroidal that would work, so he designed the transformer in the sealed box and had to redesign the chassis to make it fit. I wonder if they just found a toroidal that wasn‘t available back then and maybe it’s less expensive or easier to assemble than the boxed solution. I don’t have a problem with noise floor with any of the headphones I use, but the transformer hum is pretty loud when you‘re sitting near it.

Kind of late to the party but I finally saw the video on YT where Jason walks around Schiit to give us muggles a tour of where the wizardry happens. Def. noticed the new toroidals in the Rag.

Any sonic impressions or differences from the old EI-core design inside a welded steel box? Did Jason ever explain why the change was made and if the new Rag 2 has any improvements over the old? is it lighter now that they threw out the steel box?

@Jason it would be awesome if you can explain a bit about the changes

Also, kind of a side note, but is anyone driving the Susvara from the Rag 2? Any impressions?

Dec 29, 2021 at 9:32 PM Post #86,712 of 155,088
Ha, ha ha...! Rookie. :)

Why I’m doing this, I dunno. BUT… Seasons in the Sun, by Terry Jacks, I cannot abide that. In Jr. High, it came out of the faucets and water fountains, I swear. But the B-side of that single didn’t get ANY airtime. It was Put the Bone In. Cue the rimshot, just can’t make this up…

Dec 29, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #86,714 of 155,088
Have we no compassion!? ☹️

Voted the worst Rock song ever written...

They obviously hadn't heard this one before voting.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2021 at 10:00 PM Post #86,715 of 155,088
... I hope to visit an old friend from the UK, who now lives in Charlotte, NC. ...
Charlotte is a great place. Be sure to visit Amelie's and there's a place that makes table side guacamole to die for. Only guac I ever liked.
Kid went to college there. Only thing disliked was the gigantic Panther hanging over the downtown. Too scary!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back