Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 7, 2021 at 3:32 PM Post #85,726 of 150,704
uh huh lol.

"Coors didn't get national distribution until 1986. Which is why, in the 1970s, Coors wasn't actually licensed to sell east of the Mississippi, making it, briefly, a rare and sought-after product. (Per Time Magazine, Gerald Ford, Eisenhower, and Paul Newman hoarded the stuff.)"

I was dating a young woman from Oklahoma who used to have it mailed to me. It was the rarity I suppose, it sure does not taste the same to me now lol.

Coors was never any good, and they came by their nickname honestly: "Rocky Mountain Piss Water." :smirk_cat:

Dec 7, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #85,727 of 150,704
Dear Jason,

If you would imprint your logo on these esoteric RCA wonderhabben caps made by Norse elves you could sell a Schiit load of them.
IMG_20211207_152602931.jpg

Just sayin'!

Dec 7, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #85,728 of 150,704
uh huh lol.

"Coors didn't get national distribution until 1986. Which is why, in the 1970s, Coors wasn't actually licensed to sell east of the Mississippi, making it, briefly, a rare and sought-after product. (Per Time Magazine, Gerald Ford, Eisenhower, and Paul Newman hoarded the stuff.)"

I was dating a young woman from Oklahoma who used to have it mailed to me. It was the rarity I suppose, it sure does not taste the same to me now lol.
Coors lost a lawsuit from a retailer. Coors didn't pasteurize their beer and delivered it to retailers in a refrigerated truck. It really did taste unique. They only sold to retailers who agreed to keep the product refrigerated at all times. One retailer sued, saying they bought it and can display it any way they wan't (Aisle end caps, unrefrigerated). After that Coors had to pasteurized their product and it now is like all the other mediocre American beers.

Dec 7, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #85,729 of 150,704
Coors lost a lawsuit from a retailer. Coors didn't pasteurize their beer and delivered it to retailers in a refrigerated truck. It really did taste unique. They only sold to retailers who agreed to keep the product refrigerated at all times. One retailer sued, saying they bought it and can display it any way they wan't (Aisle end caps, unrefrigerated). After that Coors had to pasteurized their product and it now is like all the other mediocre American beers.
I recall hearing about that and it is pretty bad now. I cannot imagine drinking the lite version.865E9C52-1145-4B68-9283-CD31EE841B8A.jpeg

Finnegan is leaving my vacuum tubes alone, he has new toys.😜

Dec 7, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #85,730 of 150,704
That explains it! I remember it once tasting good... I always thought it was because of the girls in the bar... LOL

Dec 7, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #85,731 of 150,704
Let me see if I got this straight, we’ve got a sneak peak of the Tyr within the marketing materials for the Lokius Maximus Lord Of The EQ whatever it’s called, though no official specs or anything, right?
Yep, and they'll probably also use the very same photo for the Tyr when it comes out.

Dec 7, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #85,732 of 150,704
Yeah, no trouble that we saw. However at that time in Australia you could just waltz into a local football game, no searches etc. Not so at the Raiders game - clearly searching for weapons - so we did get a little concerned. But all turned out well, and had a great afternoon.

F1000210.JPG
You know those are cheerleaders right? :jecklinsmile: Of course many times more entertaining to watch than the actual game. But if those are what Australian footballers look like, I'm watching the wrong sport.

Dec 7, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #85,734 of 150,704
Dec 7, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #85,736 of 150,704
Let me see if I got this straight, we’ve got a sneak peak of the Tyr within the marketing materials for the Lokius Maximus Lord Of The EQ whatever it’s called, though no official specs or anything, right?
1638915981564.png

Dec 7, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #85,738 of 150,704
First the AKM factory fire. That was five products that needed to be completely redesigned--three of them mine.
Oh, man, a missed opportunity. Simply start adhering to the Cult of Measurements, then a DAC is a DAC, switch chips and off you go!

No, wait, that would suck for us. Glad you did what you did. Never mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back