Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 3, 2021 at 1:53 AM Post #85,336 of 150,697
A "low-tech" electric vehicle? Ha. Maybe something like this:

2-Seats-Three-Wheels-Closed-Cabin-Low-Speed-Sidecar-Automatic-Mini-Electric-Car.jpg
Is it supposed to be a 3-wheeler ??

Dec 3, 2021 at 2:51 AM Post #85,337 of 150,697
Awesome, congrats! But dude, big VC funded companies don't research stuff to make claims like that. You kidding? Spend money on that? They just say it anyway. They don't admit when they are wrong. They don't actually care that they are. They want the world to bend to their reality. That's what they hate. They hate that the world doesn't believe them or that they couldn't fool the world. :)

Loki Max definitely looks wild!

Dec 3, 2021 at 3:54 AM Post #85,339 of 150,697
Hel 2 is very good. (and no balanced schiit, 560s can`t go balanced?)
So Go for Hel 2

Dec 3, 2021 at 4:11 AM Post #85,340 of 150,697
The Japanese automakers are just getting into the electric segment in a big way. Give it five years.
Yes I read that Toyota did their homework in depth. Not only aiming for autonomy but also how does the battery perform 10 years from now. I understood that the way the battery is 'wrapped' has a huge impact on the performance. Interesting stuff.

Also interesting is a Dutch initiative. Car brand called Lightyear. Hopefully soon you can buy a Lightyear One. Still crazy expensive but if concept works it might trickle down to affordable models, at least that is what the company aims for. Check it out on the internetz.

Dec 3, 2021 at 5:28 AM Post #85,341 of 150,697
Yes I read that Toyota did their homework in depth. Not only aiming for autonomy but also how does the battery perform 10 years from now. I understood that the way the battery is 'wrapped' has a huge impact on the performance. Interesting stuff.

Also interesting is a Dutch initiative. Car brand called Lightyear. Hopefully soon you can buy a Lightyear One. Still crazy expensive but if concept works it might trickle down to affordable models, at least that is what the company aims for. Check it out on the internetz.

I love the new Corolla Hybrid. I wish they make an EV or at least a plug-in hybrid version of that car at a reasonable price point, as I'm too poor for a nice new Volvo.

Since there are several tube fans on this forum, I'd just like to share this as my way of giving thanks to UPS for handling tubes properly...

Yesterday I received my new TV, and after installation I noticed the screen was cracked. Contacted customer service and will (hopefully) receive a replacement on 28th of December. First world issues definitely, but I was pissed off for the rest of the evening. Now I have a carcass of 77" TV boxed up in the corner my "home office."

387DE83F-E5BB-4AD9-8FD2-C68F44DADECF.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2021 at 6:44 AM Post #85,342 of 150,697
I love the new Corolla Hybrid. I wish they make an EV or at least a plug-in hybrid version of that car at a reasonable price point, as I'm too poor for a nice new Volvo.

I was referring to this news:
https://pressroom.toyota.com/revealed-the-all-new-all-electric-toyota-bz4x/

Guess Toyota will trickle down and like they do with hybrid offer it soon for most models they have :wink: as Ableza said give it 5 year.

Save for a Polestar 2; lovely car. (the 1 is on LightyearOne price level; my god expensive - they know their audience)

Dec 3, 2021 at 7:59 AM Post #85,343 of 150,697
@Jason Stoddard

Hey Jason, just throwing this out there so don’t say yes or no, but please consider a silver top upgrade path for us early Loki Max adopters. I would definitely be willing to pay if I could return the black model at a later date for a case swap. A lot of us long time Schiit supporters own all silver gear, but I really wanted to jump on Loki Max early just in case it is so insane the world can’t handle it and it thunderdomes out before the silver ones ever go into production.
Thanks for creating this product for the extreme non-conformists of the world. I get mine next Thursday!

Dec 3, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #85,344 of 150,697
General questions for all: what got you into (deep?) Schiit and do you have a favourite piece of theirs?
In order of purchase:
Eitr
Wyrd
Modius
Magni Heresey
SYS
Modi Multibit - This one got me deep which in turn got me to buy
Yggdrasil GS
Fulla 4

More to come! (Vali 2+, Aegir, possibly Urd)

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #85,345 of 150,697
1. Magni 3 and Modi Multibit
2. EITR
3. Lyr 3
4. Loki Mini
5. Valhalla 2
6. SYS
7. Bifrost 2 (HP rig)
8. Bifrost 2 (2-channel rig)
9. Ragnarok v1

* Some direct via Schiit and some via 2nd hand market.
** Looking hard at Freya S and Aegir now that I have Tekton Lore speakers. :astonished:

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #85,346 of 150,697
I wonder if I ordered the Loki Max, if it would arrive before my Lokius
Yes. :sob: I'm in the same boat as you. I'd love to get one, but it's twice the size of my Jot 2 and BF 2 and takes up more real estate than I have available. Therefore, it's a non-starter.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    13.1 KB · Views: 0
Dec 3, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #85,348 of 150,697
I was referring to this news:
https://pressroom.toyota.com/revealed-the-all-new-all-electric-toyota-bz4x/

Guess Toyota will trickle down and like they do with hybrid offer it soon for most models they have :wink: as Ableza said give it 5 year.

Save for a Polestar 2; lovely car. (the 1 is on LightyearOne price level; my god expensive - they know their audience)
I directly compared the Polestar 2, the Jaguar iPace, the Tesla Y and the Mustang Mach-E. It came down between the Ford and the Jaguar, and the Mach E ended up in my garage because to me it was the better overall vehicle.

Dec 3, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #85,349 of 150,697
Don't even get me started on Monster Cables! In 2004 they decided to sue (along with pretty much everyone else using the word "monster") a non-profit in Colorado; Little Monsters, that introduced inner city kids in Denver to snow sports, amazing charity - no longer with us......

IMHO *anything* associated with Noel Lee is evil

They also tried to sue companies that sold certain RCA connectors as I recall. The owner of Blue Jeans cable had a wonderful response some years back.😜
They also tried to sue a car wash company for trademark infringement. The entire story of the Blue Jeans lawsuit attempt is still on their website.
https://www.bluejeanscable.com/legal/mcp/

Dec 3, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #85,350 of 150,697
Jesus, is your UPS driver also a Werewolf?
To be fair to the UPS driver, he rang my bell and handed me the box with apologies, and a form for making a damage claim if the contents were damaged. Thankfully nothing was damaged and the Cary CAD120 gets new tubes this weekend. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back