Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 11, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #81,856 of 151,397
For those of you who have a streaming sub, I HIGHLY recommend Lady Blackbird's 'Black Acid Soul' album. Or you could just buy it!
I bought it from Qobuz. Definitely gives the subwoofer a workout. Didn't notice when listening on the computer speakers but was hard to miss on the 'big' system.
That's not a complaint. I really like the album.

Sep 11, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #81,857 of 151,397
Paul's looking as old as I do.
Yeah, but he has hair.

FWIW, if I were to startup my own airline I'd call it Receding Airlines so, trust me, that wasn't meant as an insult.

Sep 11, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #81,858 of 151,397
Yeah, but he has hair.

FWIW, if I were to startup my own airline I'd call it Receding Airlines so, trust me, that wasn't meant as an insult.
Not taken as one! I finally got tired of the gray "monk's fringe" and bought a scalp shaver so now I'm chrome dome. :) (Receding Airlines sounds great. Start a charter service and offer senior discounts.)

Sep 11, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #81,860 of 151,397
Not taken as one! I finally got tired of the gray "monk's fringe" and bought a scalp shaver so now I'm chrome dome. :) (Receding Airlines sounds great. Start a charter service and offer senior discounts.)
Senior discounts would obviously be part of the deal. I'm still working out the details of the "Miracle Up-charge."

Let me explain. Before I do, please know that I would never disparage those who have legitimate need for assistance.

On my airline every flight will have 3-5 people (on average) asking for wheelchair assistance to get to/on the airplane. At the end of the flight, frequently only 1-2 will still require assistance. Therefore, some kind of miracle must have occurred as several pax seem to have been healed somehow.

These are known as "Miracle Flights."

Sep 11, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #81,861 of 151,397
On my airline every flight will have 3-5 people (on average) asking for wheelchair assistance to get to/on the airplane. At the end of the flight, frequently only 1-2 will still require assistance. Therefore, some kind of miracle must have occurred as several pax seem to have been healed somehow.

These are known as "Miracle Flights."

Were you ever on Sunday morning tv?

JC

Sep 11, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #81,862 of 151,397
No, but the concept is the same. Why not monetize something you have no control over??

Sep 11, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #81,864 of 151,397
oops, Kosh beat me to it… Dupe.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #81,865 of 151,397
For those of you who have a streaming sub, I HIGHLY recommend Lady Blackbird's 'Black Acid Soul' album. Or you could just buy it!
Sounds good, thanks for the recommendation

Sep 11, 2021 at 9:15 PM Post #81,866 of 151,397
Excellent recommendation! Thank you. 👍

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2021 at 10:09 PM Post #81,867 of 151,397
Re: airlines. Since my employer halted all corporate travel in 2020 I have for the first time in memory lost my Executive Platinum status. I am lifetime Gold but once the travel tap is turned back on it is going to be different for me. So here’s an idea for Receeding Airlines- convert a few 737s to all Business class with two seats on each side all the way back and charge premium rates. I detest the “airlines as busses” that they have become and I know many fellow road warriors feel the same way. So I bet on well-chosen routes an all premium flight would sell.

Or maybe I’m just a naive elitist. :)

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2021 at 11:19 PM Post #81,868 of 151,397
Sep 12, 2021 at 5:30 AM Post #81,870 of 151,397
Re: airlines. Since my employer halted all corporate travel in 2020 I have for the first time in memory lost my Executive Platinum status. I am lifetime Gold but once the travel tap is turned back on it is going to be different for me. So here’s an idea for Receeding Airlines- convert a few 737s to all Business class with two seats on each side all the way back and charge premium rates. I detest the “airlines as busses” that they have become and I know many fellow road warriors feel the same way. So I bet on well-chosen routes an all premium flight would sell.

Or maybe I’m just a naive elitist. :)
There have been a few airlines who have tried that and failed. That always surprised me as I thought it would be a good business model. AA does have a few of their Airbus 321s configured for just 102 passengers. If you're one of the lucky 30 to sit in the first half of the cabin it's pretty nice. Business as usual in the back half. They typically only fly NY to CA so you may or may not ever see one.
https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/American_Airlines/American_Airlines_Airbus_A321_new.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back