Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 9, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #81,721 of 150,205
im not going through 5448 pages of forum to find an answer, but is there a Schiit book release?

Sep 9, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #81,725 of 150,205
Interesting the use of the TI chips. I would probably favor the OG version, but must admit that “Back in Flesh” by Wall of Voodoo isn't in my playlist yet :)

Sep 9, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #81,729 of 150,205
Shame that none of the “trained listeners” from the ASR crowd were at the blind test. It’s been a while since we’ve had some good objectivists vs subjectivists drama. :wink:
There is good O v S drama? I've only seen Global Thermonuclear War.

Sep 9, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #81,730 of 150,205
I agree. The only thing I plan to do is get both of mine upgraded to Unison USB (I think that's what I need?), so I can try that connection option with URD, and hear if there is any significant improvement. I've been quite happy using AES over the years but I like having options and keeping up-gradable gear upgraded.

And a Halloween release would make it special.
I was also planning on a Unison upgrade for my yggy GS, but given the DAC8812 (less is more) plus Unison would cost $100 less than just OG (analog 2). hmmmmmmm ...........

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2021 at 12:39 PM Post #81,734 of 150,205
I was also planning on a Unison upgrade for my yggy GS, but given the DAC8812 (less is more) plus Unison would cost $100 less than just OG (analog 2). hmmmmmmm ...........
I've already had the Analog 2 board update to both of mine. So, if I'm reading the "Upgrades Section" on the Schiit site correctly, it will $200.00 for each box.
The shipping on the Analog 2 boards upgrade thru FED X was $80.00 for each box on my end when I did them.
I've been stalling on Unison as I don't have any source to use it with being CD only and figured I'll let the queue whittle down while waiting for the URD release. Since I have
2 Yggdrasil's I won't be without sound during the upgrade time frame. Lucky me!

Sep 9, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #81,735 of 150,205
The double-blind test of the three Yggdrasil flavors is an excellent idea! After reading the three reviews (and thanks to the reviewers for doing this) two things stand out to me that made this test extra relevant to me:
  1. The listeners were allowed to choose their own music.
  2. The whole test was done in a relaxed, low-stress setting.
I think both of these are critical to a successful test. Just as my own system sounds better when I'm happy and relaxed with my own music, I would expect that any timed or overly structured testing would introduce stress that would impact my impressions of the sound. I suspect that many so-called blind tests in audio induce stress to the participants and that's why they have a hard time hearing any differences.

I suspect that I would prefer the Less is More option based on my preferences, but I would love to be able to participate in a test like this some time - just for the fun of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back