Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 23, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #80,806 of 151,725
What’s the consensus on getting the new ESS module if you have other DACs? I have a Bifrost 2 and Modius. I also have the Jot 2 and Lyr 3 with no modules in ‘em.

Aug 23, 2021 at 8:07 PM Post #80,807 of 151,725
What’s the consensus on getting the new ESS module if you have other DACs? I have a Bifrost 2 and Modius. I also have the Jot 2 and Lyr 3 with no modules in ‘em.
I would say that is probably not a worthwhile investment unless you really need a one-box solution.

Aug 23, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #80,811 of 151,725
So far I don't think the Modius/Jot 2 sounds quite as explosive as the Modius/Jot 1 combo, but a very good match and still fairly aggressive. Modius/Jot 1 wanted to blow up the world in a thermonuclear blast lol.

Aug 23, 2021 at 11:31 PM Post #80,813 of 151,725
There is an Asgard 3 on the 'bay in Australia, but the volume knob has a nail polish red splotch on it to mark the setting. Does anyone know what the knob is made of and if nail polish remover would damage the finish?
It's a metal knob. Remover should work.

Aug 24, 2021 at 12:03 AM Post #80,814 of 151,725
I have the money set aside for the Urd.
I don’t even know if it’s a pure CD transport or if it also comes with a roon-ready streamer card to become a schiit digital hub. But I’ll gladly beta test it! (Having bought a lot of schiit, do I qualify?)

Aug 24, 2021 at 12:42 AM Post #80,815 of 151,725
For 3 years I have done sourcing / supply chain for 2 VERY VERY large tech companies. All I can say is IMHO someone @ AKM screwed up BIG TIME. Every company that respects itself has contingency plans for exactly such disasters...
Yes, it is not simple when you need more than 1 foundry, but there are solutions! Burying your head in the ground saying "it should be fine. nothing would happen to our only fab" is NOT a solution :wink:

To be fair... maybe a contingency for a disaster of this scale just wasn't feasible and a slow rebuild *is* the most practical route.

Aug 24, 2021 at 2:29 AM Post #80,817 of 151,725
I used all the blocks I had in the front yard. But I did order some more...they're being cryo-treated as we speak.

1629759992036.png
After I posted that, I realized you'd have a plan. I then figured you were waiting for either AKM blocks, or black anodized concrete (always on back-order). I hope you don't have to wait long for your cryotreated blocks.
Please take @Ripper2860 's Hello Kitty boombox with you since I assume you'll head back to TX after the pillaging. A few hundred records is a small price to pay. :laughing:
Sure thing. I like Hello Kitty as a clean bit of graphic art.
Building more BBQ Smokers...? :yum:

Not a bad idea, but no. They keep the car radiators off the ground to avoid galvanic corrosion. Kills a still quickly. :laughing:
Gotta keep those radiators in good shape. Can't run the engines to "fuel" the smokers otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back