Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 25, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #79,936 of 150,705
We've had neighbors pause when looking at our two car garage when they see we actually park two cars in there. Mind blowing for some of them.

I'm surprised almost daily when I see more than $100K worth of vehicles sitting in the sun/rain/hail while the garage is sheltering (I'm guessing here) about $2K worth of 'stuff'.
Yep, and the best is when it is in the massive pile in the middle without any racking on the walls which would allow the car in - they need to find some "top men".

Jul 25, 2021 at 10:31 PM Post #79,937 of 150,705
Yup, that's what I was asking for, and now I understand it's "backward". It should be allowed, though. If for no other reason than I want it.
The Creative SoundBlaster E5 is interesting in that way, it has a micro USB port to use it like a regular DAC (PC providing power and audio) and a female USB-A port for "host mode", where the E5 provides power to a connected phone (from its battery, though you can also charge it simultaneously via the micro USB port) while receiving audio from the phone. However, it does require drivers / special apps, I think for both modes.
While the regular mode obviously only requires a generic USB audio implementation in principle, I'm not sure host mode is possible without custom drivers (from a manufacturer perspective). Clearly USB as such allows it, but in the E5 case there is no ambiguity since each mode uses a different USB port.

Jul 25, 2021 at 10:45 PM Post #79,938 of 150,705
Let's give @Jason Stoddard a heart attack.

acc2.jpg

Source: http://linkbone.com/product/xlr-switch-remote-1-15/

Jul 26, 2021 at 2:38 AM Post #79,940 of 150,705
Why does an XLR switch remote need A-Z buttons? When will SYS Maxi come out with a similar remote?
They have various switches and matrix switches and appear to have unified the interface, so this may be future proofing:
All LinkBone have unified user interface which makes it easy to migrate between different devices. The user interface includes the following elements:

- Touch screen on the front panel of the device
- Infrared Remote control with RC5 code encoder
- Access over 10/100 Ethernet interface with user configuration Web page
- Telenet server accepting text commands
- RS-232 interface accepting text commands

Wondering what Telenet might be 🤭

When will SYS Maxi come out with a similar remote?
I don't know, but Schiit should totally make an XLR output switcher with remote control! One input, three outputs in a Magnius sized case seems totally possible.

Jul 26, 2021 at 3:22 AM Post #79,941 of 150,705
and there is the Mach Loop too. Where you can watch fast jets and heavy transports fly BELOW you..........
It's been on my list for a few years now.... The videos of the plane spotting are incredible.
Here's some examples if anyone hasn't seen it before

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2021 at 3:35 AM Post #79,942 of 150,705
I don't know, but Schiit should totally make an XLR output switcher with remote control! One input, three outputs in a Magnius sized case seems totally possible.
I vote for 2 IN 4 OUT. I have too many toys on my desk.

Jul 26, 2021 at 5:13 AM Post #79,945 of 150,705
Any chance you can give us details on Loki Max features in case we are on the fence between it and Lokius?
Read post 72.640, 2021 Chapter 3. Lost of explanation there.

Jul 26, 2021 at 8:51 AM Post #79,946 of 150,705
Hello @golfbravobravo
I have just returned from a few days in the Yorkshire Dales ( Nidderdale).
Perfect beer, great food, beautiful scenery, but strange locals who speak a foreign language :beyersmile:
It was fantastic!
I love Yorkshire!
Interesting choice of video: I have photographed that very same Tornado on the cover, shot from that point - Cad East. That day the pilot was a woman and the call sign "Fang 2".

But if you want a very, very real small world example, at about 10:36 is a small red and blue 2 seat, side by side jet (it's a Mk3a Jet Provost) and I have about 30 hours or more in that jet :wink:

Cheers

Jul 26, 2021 at 8:56 AM Post #79,947 of 150,705
Hello @golfbravobravo
I have just returned from a few days in the Yorkshire Dales ( Nidderdale).
Perfect beer, great food, beautiful scenery, but strange locals who speak a foreign language :beyersmile:
It was fantastic!
I love Yorkshire!
I have occasional dreams of moving back and living in Littondale - Arncliffe to Halton Gill seem perfect - but then I think of how far away form shops and hospital etc., etc. I never used to think about those things, but given that it's 3 years to the day (almost the hour) when I collapsed with appendicitis and was rushed in for an emergency op in the middle of the night, it does play a larger role in thinking.

I also looked at house prices. :frowning2:

We are so fortunate where we are!

Cheers

Jul 26, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #79,948 of 150,705
Jul 26, 2021 at 12:35 PM Post #79,949 of 150,705

Why?

Edit: Schiit is a manufacturer of audio devices, not switchgear. Even the Sys provides an audio service -- volume control.

I would much rather see them release new, interesting, innovative audio equipment, not a connector box that can already be purchased elsewhere. There's no innovation in that space.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #79,950 of 150,705
Yep, and the best is when it is in the massive pile in the middle without any racking on the walls which would allow the car in - they need to find some "top men".
raiders-of-the-lost-ark-warehouse.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back