Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 25, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #79,906 of 150,900
You might consider getting your mirror repaired. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I bet he has an ugly-assed self portrait hidden in a closet somewhere...! That's his only saving grace.

The-Picture-of-Dorian-Gray-featured.jpg

Jul 25, 2021 at 9:40 AM Post #79,907 of 150,900
So hey...Whats the timeline on a "Vali of The Toad" with Twiin-Tube® Power, built-in Coax and Toslink ready DAC and Vu² Meters in a red & black case? Hmmmmmmm? :deadhorse:

Wonderfully nostalgic to have ORT back asking for VU Meters. I bet Mike M. would give us at least one model with VU Meters, if he were in charge of amps. Mike seems to have more of a sense of whimsy. Jason seems more puritan in many respects - if something isn't absolutely, positively, indisputably necessary, then it can't be included. (If he could have gotten his Corvette with wind-up windows, he probably would have.) We'll just have to settle for excellent-sounding amps at bargain prices.
Though I still want a pre-amp with a Balance control...

Jul 25, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #79,908 of 150,900
Nice! I learned something today (other than people don't like buying used furniture from yard sales... and we as Canadians keep a lot of crap in our homes). Sigh...
If you can get your car in the garage, you're ahead of 90% the households in my neighborhood :)

Jul 25, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #79,909 of 150,900
New Schiit, old Schiit, it's all good Schiit..

I got my Lokius between my OG MB Bifrost and Asgard 2 to tame some old Dead shows... Spinner is a very, very old Cal Audio Labs Delta transport. Not to shabby 😂

Most importantly you have a Volcano in your system. Nothing brings home the spatial nature of a GD show better! :smiley_cat:

Jul 25, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #79,911 of 150,900
If you can get your car in the garage, you're ahead of 90% the households in my neighborhood :)
I'm pretty sure I still have a garage surrounding all the junk. Probably just need a bigger garage. :laughing:

Jul 25, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #79,913 of 150,900
You might consider getting your mirror repaired.
So you agree with the vast intellect and razor wit claims then! 2 out of 3 ain't bad. :D

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2021 at 12:14 PM Post #79,915 of 150,900
I'm not @Jason Stoddard, but I'm sure the answer will be something like: it will get there when it gets there. Or something of the kind.
It also could be: Soon. Where soon is something between 2 months and 2 years.
As he has stated many times over the years.

To make you a bit nervous, he also made these kind of statements just one week before a new product release, so you never know.

Hope this helps. It helped me a lot.

He did say "soon". Soon, for a product release to me, would mean sometime this summer. But we'll see.

I've been waiting years, so a bit longer won't kill us. Hopefully.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #79,916 of 150,900
@Jason Stoddard
Hi Jason,
Follow-up question on Loki Max. Will it be sensitive to equipment stacking and power supplies like Lokius? Thanks for your previous reply on the ETA.

I've noticed this too, with Loki. It Hums like mad in active mode if I place it anywhere near my other gear. Better cables helped, but I still keep it isolated outside of my cabinet.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #79,917 of 150,900
Can somebody please shoot me in the goddamn face? I just broke the wire on my sol tonearm trying to replace the cartridge. God I am a ****ing idiot moron piece of crap.
I feel ya' man. Did the same thing on my Pro-ject. Made me want to buy a turntable with a quick-connect head shell. May still do so. Good luck.

Jul 25, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #79,918 of 150,900
:thinking:

So, it's looking like the first part of August then. :smile:

Yeah, that's more like how I read his response. Most likely, no time soon!

Maybe it is time to look closer at Lokius. Balanced in/out is what I was really after...but the same size as Freya would be nice, assuming it is stackable without hum.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #79,919 of 150,900
FWIW, Wales is gorgeous and incredibly scenic, and the people are delightful. Our last visit was to Snowdonia, before ferrying to Dublin.
and there is the Mach Loop too. Where you can watch fast jets and heavy transports fly BELOW you..........

Jul 25, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #79,920 of 150,900
Perhaps one day my wife and I will be lucky enough to visit places in the UK north of London. :)
Definitely get out of London. It's an OK place, but it is certainly not the UK. Of course, I would argue for Yorkshire, but the are a multitude of places that are spectacular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back