Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 12, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #79,336 of 152,968
Virtual SchiitrMeet July
Mike and...uh, Analog?

Hey guys,

For the virtual Schiitrmeet this month, Mike is in Newhall talking about—of all things—analog!

A lot of people don't know that Mike does some of the analog work around here, which shouldn't be surprising given his history at Theta (not Theta Digital, I'm talking about the original tube-revival Theta, the 6DJ8-for-audio Theta, stuff like that.) Oh, you didn't know Mike was a mover and shaker in the tube revival? Maybe you should ask him about that. Or Mani. Or lots of other things, including the crossover from digital to analog and vice-versa.

I may drop in if Mike wants me to, but it's really his show.

Virtual SchiitrMeet July
Thursday, July 15, 4PM PST (6PM CT)

Questions? Send them to denise@schiit.com

Please join us on Facebook or YouTube:

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZqCWt2_qqB-UD0-pcPpxCw
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/

All the best,
Jason

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jul 12, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #79,337 of 152,968
Jul 12, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #79,339 of 152,968
The photo is of my current private wine stock. I love French Bordeaux wines, but as prices of the grand crus have been rising extremely over the last decade I now stick to The Cru Bourgeois versions. Prices go from € 8,00 to € 25,00 per bottle. € 8,00 for the lesser gods and € 25,00 (and over) for the better ones.
Since the wine year 2018 Cru Bourgeois has a new listing that is valid for 5 years and has 3 classes. The bulk being standard class and better ones labeled Supérieur and Exceptionnel. I'm chasing these last 2 categories and try to find 2018 vintage at reasonable prices. My most rescent find.

agassac.jpg

NOW you're talking !!

Jul 12, 2021 at 7:25 PM Post #79,341 of 152,968
Late to the party but cool that Schiit's logo was probably inspired by this. So is there a deeper meaning to the logo @Jason Stoddard ?

1626132284289.png

1626132306567.png

Jul 12, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #79,342 of 152,968
To be honest, I pretty much loathe television these days or rather, these last few decades, LOL! I cannot abide CNN and so-called "reality shows". Yuck. I pretty much listen to music via my Denon/Heos set up or through one of two hardwired headphone kits. And yes, even via several pair of Blootoof 'phones and one pair of Sennheiser RS195s.

But I have well over a thousand films now even have an NTSC laserdisc of "Song of the South" from Japan. It is a fun movie for me and my family. Years ago I made a few copies on VHS and loaned one out to a friend whose daughter works for Warren Beatty and Annette Bening and he said they and their entire family enjoyed it, including "Aunt Shirley" Maclaine. They loaned me a copy of the then new film, "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone". My kids really enjoyed that one and as the film came up on the screen an announcement rolled that the copy was for Oscar nomination reviewers.

I am not really "lost" in the past, I just do not much care for the fare of the present. Movies and especially music, were often better for me from the 40s through the 80s and maybe early 90s.

I was not a fan of Disco, being a bouncer back then but I know that I prefer it over cRap or Hippity Hop. Ugh....Yes. I am olde. I have been for decades, LOL! As I really would have nothing of worth to add to the discussion regarding the upcoming Schiit online meet, I hope it goes well and proves interesting product-wise. A Toslink card and a Coax digital card for the amps that have the slot would be nice. I would then actually buy a Jotenheim II. I do not use USB for digital right now but I under stand many good folk prefer it and there are more of them that there are of me!

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2021 at 9:29 PM Post #79,344 of 152,968
To be honest, I pretty much loathe television these days or rather, these last few decades, LOL! I cannot abide CNN and so-called "reality shows". Yuck. I pretty much listen to music via my Denon/Heos set up or through one of two hardwired headphone kits. And yes, even via several pair of Blootoof 'phones and one pair of Sennheiser RS195s.

But I have well over a thousand films now even have an NTSC laserdisc of "Song of the South" from Japan. It is a fun movie for me and my family. Years ago I made a few copies on VHS and loaned one out to a friend whose daughter works for Warren Beatty and Annette Bening and he said they and their entire family enjoyed it, including "Aunt Shirley" Maclaine. They loaned me a copy of the then new film, "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone". My kids really enjoyed that one and as the film came up on the screen an announcement rolled that the copy was for Oscar nomination reviewers.

I am not really "lost" in the past, I just do not much care for the fare of the present. Movies and especially music, were often better for me from the 40s through the 80s and maybe early 90s.

I was not a fan of Disco, being a bouncer back then but I know that I prefer it over cRap or Hippity Hop. Ugh....Yes. I am olde. I have been for decades, LOL! As I really would have nothing of worth to add to the discussion regarding the upcoming Schiit online meet, I hope it goes well and proves interesting product-wise. A Toslink card and a Coax digital card for the amps that have the slot would be nice. I would then actually buy a Jotenheim II. I do not use USB for digital right now but I under stand many good folk prefer it and there are more of them that there are of me!

We cancelled cable about 4 years ago. Signed up Disney+ , Netflix and Discovery+. We watch a couple show but not much. Almost never the news. Life is better without the constant crap on TV.

Watching DVD of Tombstone right now.
I'm your Huckleberry.

Jul 12, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #79,345 of 152,968

I have only watched NASCAR on television in 2021, but I have watched several live streamed concerts. I also watch a fair amount of YouTube. NASCAR requires a subwoofer.

Jul 12, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #79,346 of 152,968
@Jason Stoddard

Will there be a coax digital card and a Toslink card for the all-in-one amps with the card slot for a DAC or phono preamp? Yes or no will suffice and I ask here because I am a techno(il)logical buffoon and will not be able to watch/listen to this Schiit meeting. Yup. I am that ignorant tech-wise. Not proud of it, just honest about it. If I do not read anything here about those two features I will understand it to mean, "No". Thank you in advance and no hard feelings regardless of your answer or even no answer. :beerchug:

Jul 12, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #79,347 of 152,968
Exactly so! I learned what LFE was this weekend.
I got into this at our last house and now I have to do it again and again and again in the current house.
PM me if you get baffled by something. I'm not an expert, but having done it multiple times I know the basics cold.

Jul 13, 2021 at 4:29 AM Post #79,348 of 152,968
Virtual SchiitrMeet July
Mike and...uh, Analog?

Hey guys,

For the virtual Schiitrmeet this month, Mike is in Newhall talking about—of all things—analog!

A lot of people don't know that Mike does some of the analog work around here, which shouldn't be surprising given his history at Theta (not Theta Digital, I'm talking about the original tube-revival Theta, the 6DJ8-for-audio Theta, stuff like that.) Oh, you didn't know Mike was a mover and shaker in the tube revival? Maybe you should ask him about that. Or Mani. Or lots of other things, including the crossover from digital to analog and vice-versa.

I may drop in if Mike wants me to, but it's really his show.

Virtual SchiitrMeet July
Thursday, July 15, 4PM PST (6PM CT)

Questions? Send them to denise@schiit.com

Please join us on Facebook or YouTube:

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZqCWt2_qqB-UD0-pcPpxCw
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/

All the best,
Jason
Excellent. Hopefully we can get more info on the way ahead (or not) for Sol as well as buying components separately.

Jul 13, 2021 at 7:14 AM Post #79,349 of 152,968
Late to the party but cool that Schiit's logo was probably inspired by this. So is there a deeper meaning to the logo @Jason Stoddard ?

1626132284289.png

1626132306567.png

If you look at the Schiit logo sideways, you'll see a ladder, with one side tied high, and the other tied low... like a ladder DAC. Seems appropriate given they're love of multibit.

Jul 13, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #79,350 of 152,968
"Of course you know, this means war."
"OK, Hercules, now do I get my home back?"
"That's a joke son, you missed it. I'm too fast for ya."
"Ah, pronoun trouble."
"...getting footie-prints all over my desert!"
"Dragons is so stupid."
"What a way for a duck to travel: underground."

I'm sure there are others.

Ah, yeah this is the one, and number one on your list and most lists

Of course your realize, this means war!

Users who are viewing this thread