Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 5, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #76,143 of 150,484
Is this the quiet before the storm? Could a new product announcement be imminent? :thinking:
(Im)patiently awaiting the arrival of Folkvangr here :beyersmile:

May 5, 2021 at 6:06 AM Post #76,144 of 150,484
Maybe it's the fact that it's late and I'm tired, but I found this snip from a vintage Sony ad to be funny. :D

That is a great advert @Ripper2860
Thanks for sharing.
I had never seen it before.
The closest I ever got to Keith Moon was at a Who gig in London where he was about 50 feet away- that was scary enough:beyersmile:
I watched a Joe Walsh documentary recently. Joe said that his life started to unravel when Keith Moon decided he liked him!

May 5, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #76,147 of 150,484
Yes! I mean No! Maybe. :D

Last edited:
May 5, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #76,148 of 150,484
my Millions of Dead Christians t-shirt to do it. :)
mdc-t-shirt.multi.jpeg
"Christians"? Not the C word I recall that abbreviation standing for.

-James

May 5, 2021 at 1:31 PM Post #76,149 of 150,484
Thanks but just a few seconds ago someone on the Auralic forum found me the answer.
It's so simple that I seldom felt so stupid.
Two PhD's, four masters and 2 bachelor degrees and I'm still an idiot.
I know that feeling. Two degrees in literal rocket science only add to the insult of being unable to get the credit card machine at the grocery store to work..

May 5, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #76,150 of 150,484
"Christians"? Not the C word I recall that abbreviation standing for.

-James
It's been Christians, Cops, Children, "Multi-Death Corporation" and probably other things over the years. -edit - Cowboys.

Last edited:
May 5, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #76,151 of 150,484
It's been Christians, Cops, Children, "Multi-Death Corporation" and probably other things over the years. -edit - Cowboys.
Somehow missed that particular transition. Must have been distracted by someone throwing elbows in the pit at the time.

May 5, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #76,153 of 150,484
Just received my Ragnorak 2 yesterday. The volume control on the remote did not work so I contacted Schiit and they overnighted a second remote (which was awesome). Unfortunately, the second remote is not working either. It's only the volume controls as the other 4 buttons work fine. Any ideas/similar experiences? I have another note into Schiit. Thanks in advance.

May 5, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #76,154 of 150,484
Just received my Ragnorak 2 yesterday. The volume control on the remote did not work so I contacted Schiit and they overnighted a second remote (which was awesome). Unfortunately, the second remote is not working either. It's only the volume controls as the other 4 buttons work fine. Any ideas/similar experiences? I have another note into Schiit. Thanks in advance.
Unless both remotes are defective / mis-programmed (for Freya/Saga instead of Rag2), it sounds like a problem with your Rag2's microcontroller firmware. will likely need re-flashing via internal RJ programming connector, and require a trip to the factory unless you are an electronics tech/ engineer and can talk them into sending you a programming device as a loaner.

Last edited:
May 5, 2021 at 5:03 PM Post #76,155 of 150,484
Unless both remotes are defective / mis-programmed (for Freya/Saga instead of Rag2), it sounds like a problem with your Rag2's microcontroller firmware. will likely need re-flashing via internal RJ programming connector, and require a trip to the factory unless you are an electronics tech/ engineer and can talk them into sending you a programming device as a loaner.
Spoke with Tom and pulled the knob off as he thought it may have been pushed in. No luck. Definitely not an engineer. Thanks for the reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back