Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 11, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #74,881 of 151,167
I can't find it. I already ordered one so reading the review will be self affirmation, but still...

It’s in the print edition, so it should show up sometime in the next month online.

Apr 11, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #74,882 of 151,167
Apr 11, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #74,883 of 151,167
Apr 12, 2021 at 8:11 AM Post #74,885 of 151,167
Mike M has called the balanced outputs on the Bifrost 2 “cheap ass balanced.” The internal design is single ended not hardware balanced like the Gungnir multibit and Yggdrasil....{{{snip}}}....
I wonder if he ever regretted muttering that comment on this thread? Moreover, it was one of the main reasons I snapped up an original Bifrost Multibit. Balanced input/outputs? I just don't need them. Why should I pay for extra circuitry that I won't use? :8ball:

Apr 12, 2021 at 8:15 AM Post #74,886 of 151,167
I wonder if he ever regretted muttering that comment on this thread? Moreover, it was one of the main reasons I snapped up an original Bifrost Multibit. Balanced input/outputs? I just don't need them. Why should I pay for extra circuitry that I won't use? :8ball:

I'm sure you realize that Bifrost 2 is much more than just a Bifrost Multibit with balanced outs.

Apr 12, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #74,889 of 151,167
Tom Brady has an NFT coming.

Honestly some of it sounds like NFTs are the digital equivalent to baseball cards/souvenirs/collectibles/art.

I read an artist from NYC had sold 40k of NFTs in 6 weeks..cool for him, but i dont understand the craze.

I also read a crazy article that NFTs generate tons of CO/CO2 emission and are terrible for the environment.... I didnt understand that article either.... seemed very alternate facty.

Apr 12, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #74,890 of 151,167
Tom Brady has an NFT coming.

Honestly some of it sounds like NFTs are the digital equivalent to baseball cards/souvenirs/collectibles/art.

I read an artist from NYC had sold 40k of NFTs in 6 weeks..cool for him, but i dont understand the craze.

I also read a crazy article that NFTs generate tons of CO/CO2 emission and are terrible for the environment.... I didnt understand that article either.... seemed very alternate facty.
The world has too much extra cash

Apr 12, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #74,891 of 151,167
If it's like cryptocurrency, the issue is the computing power required to generate the crytographic information. It is estimated that a non-trivial percentage of the world's power consumption is involved with cryptocurrency mining - on the order of 100 TeraWatt-hours per year. (at a dime a kilowatt-hour, that's over 11 billiion dollars worth of electricity.)

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #74,892 of 151,167
I do not think Mike has many regrets particularly regarding what he says. He calls it like he sees it.

Jason on the other hand may have a few regrets over what Mike says =). Mike and “marketing” do not go well together.

Apr 12, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #74,894 of 151,167
If it's like cryptocurrency, the issue is the computing power required to generate the crytographic information. It is estimated that a non-trivial percentage of the world's power consumption is involved with cryptocurrency mining - on the order of 100 TeraWatt-hours per year. (at a dime a kilowatt-hour, that's over 11 billiion dollars worth of electricity.)

Bitcoin consumes 'more electricity than Argentina'​

By Cristina Criddle
Technology reporter
BBC
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-56012952

Users who are viewing this thread

Back