Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 21, 2021 at 8:22 PM Post #73,846 of 150,589
Well I hope the thread doesn't get killed. As a current Tesla owner who used to drive a CL600 and before that a Quattroporte (talk about a couple of fossil fuel hogs) I say anyone who reads politics into car talk needs to get a life. By the way I am expecting delivery of my Mustang Mach E in May. I'm hooked on electrics.
Haven't driven one yet, rode in an electric and once I stop renting (hopefully end of the year assuming finances shake out right) plan on converting over. Until then, I'll enjoy this AWD hatchback I have. Plan is electric car, solar+battery, well& septic if I can swing it (not as concerned about the water/sewer side).

Mar 21, 2021 at 8:38 PM Post #73,847 of 150,589
Haven't driven one yet, rode in an electric and once I stop renting (hopefully end of the year assuming finances shake out right) plan on converting over. Until then, I'll enjoy this AWD hatchback I have. Plan is electric car, solar+battery, well& septic if I can swing it (not as concerned about the water/sewer side).
Yes it can be costly to get into the solar and e-vehicle game, but once in its rather addictive. Since I installed my solar array in 2015 I’ve averaged around $20 a month for electricity bill, and with the e- cars ( I drive a model S and mainly charge at home, my wife a Chevy Volt) it’s really weird having to put gas in her volt about once every 6 weeks. I do not miss gas stations.

Mar 21, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #73,848 of 150,589
Anyone tried Tacima/Isotek/Furman's power conditioners with Schiit products? Right now I am using a Belkin Gold series surge protector but there seems to be some interference issue with my Schiit Eitr

I think it's time for me to bite the bullet and go for these, but I am unsure how well these can help my Schiit products
I've been using this for a while with a variety of gear, including some Schiit (Eitr, Lyr 3, Yggdrasil).

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2021 at 8:43 PM Post #73,849 of 150,589
Yes it can be costly to get into the solar and e-vehicle game, but once in its rather addictive. Since I installed my solar array in 2015 I’ve averaged around $20 a month for electricity bill, and with the e- cars ( I drive a model S and mainly charge at home, my wife a Chevy Volt) it’s really weird having to put gas in her volt about once every 6 weeks. I do not miss gas stations.
Yep, and I don't plan on doing both at once, the gas car has a lot of life left so figure house, solar, replace car over the course of a decade or so.

Mar 21, 2021 at 8:45 PM Post #73,850 of 150,589
Mar 21, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #73,851 of 150,589
Anyone here use Tripp-lite's Isobars with Schiit products? I think its isolated outlets may help with my situation but I want to know more first-hand experiences before I commit to it
I used them for my earlier Schiit (Bifrost, Asgard 2, ...) without any issues. Still using them for computer gear. For audio now, I'm using Furman Elite 15i for some gear and Furman PST-8 for the rest.

Mar 21, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #73,852 of 150,589
Anyone tried Tacima/Isotek/Furman's power conditioners with Schiit products? Right now I am using a Belkin Gold series surge protector but there seems to be some interference issue with my Schiit Eitr

I think it's time for me to bite the bullet and go for these, but I am unsure how well these can help my Schiit products
I'm very pleased with the 2 Furman ELITE-15 PF I's I've owned since 4/2019. They've been bullet proof and I've not had a single piece of gear damaged thru numerous power outages typically of the fast on/off cycling type.

Mar 21, 2021 at 9:13 PM Post #73,853 of 150,589
Well I hope the thread doesn't get killed. As a current Tesla owner who used to drive a CL600 and before that a Quattroporte (talk about a couple of fossil fuel hogs) I say anyone who reads politics into car talk needs to get a life. By the way I am expecting delivery of my Mustang Mach E in May. I'm hooked on electrics.
I saw one today in Grabber Blue. Sweet looking ride!

Mar 21, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #73,855 of 150,589

Ah, the glorious CL600 - with a real V12 engine. I always dreamed of owning a car with a V12 engine as a kid, but V12s seem to be going extinct at a rapid rate.

Mar 21, 2021 at 10:05 PM Post #73,857 of 150,589
I'm intrigued by this news of Folkvanger. Been researching higher end tube options lately, looking for something that can drive both dynamics and planars. I recently added a Hifiman Arya to my collection, and while Valhalla 2 drives it surprisingly well it's still not really an optimal pairing. But given this news I think I'll hold off on making any upgrade decisions until I see what Schiit has up their sleeves next. :relaxed:

Mar 21, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #73,858 of 150,589

I use a Furman PST-8 (maybe it's the PST-8D) on my main system, but I never had any power or noise or interference or grounding problems, before or after. Used to have a cheaper power conditioner; no problems. Before that, an cheaper one - no problems. Before that - straight to the wall outlets - no problems. Did a one week trial with the high-end Audioquest Niagara 1000 + Thunder power cable ($1600) and could not tell any difference in sound quality, noise, etc. So I'm fine with my Furman, it's sturdy and holds down the carpet effectively.

Mar 21, 2021 at 11:32 PM Post #73,860 of 150,589
Another update: gonna be a crazy year. Tyr (AKA biggus ampius) released to production, as well as Loki Max and Folkvangr (10 tube headphone amp), and another one on the inexpensive end of things, and Urd beta now in production, and a couple other things. Plus next week. And a couple weeks after that.

Buckle. The. ****. Up.

(Standard disclaimers apply: things may be delayed due to my incompetence/supply chain/aliens/more COVIDs/meteors or other end-of-the-world scenarios, whatever.)
Any idea what the Folkvangr volume pot will be ?
i hope its not Alps pot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back