Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 2, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #72,571 of 151,265
Props for doing that. Thank you. It is indeed the $1,750 question.

I wish @Jason Stoddard would comment whether Gungnir 2 is on the horizon (or not), available in black. Or whether Schiit is going to put out a more compact Yiggy with über SE-outputs that aren't in an way gimped; priced like the Chord Qutest (but providing Schiit sound).
How are the SE outputs gimped on Yggy?

Gungnir is already the "more compact" Yggy. Products like Gungnir are unlikely to be teased because it would affect current sales. I bought the Yggy two weeks after the Unison upgrade was introduced and Schiit offered to take it back and exchange it. I just elected to upgrade the Unison myself instead of shipping it. I say buy what you want OR if you aren't satisfied with the offerings, wait and I'm sure something will come along that you'll want!

Mar 2, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #72,572 of 151,265
You joke, but I get a lot of questions, over at the Steve Hoffman Forum, concerning Nimbus pressings. Some serious collectors out there...!

Is this is sticky label-side on the CD issue? I have a few of those (fortunately not many).

Mar 2, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #72,573 of 151,265
It's for the comparison Blind-Test Taste Test...! TX vs. NC. I swear...! :fingers_crossed:

Easily doable. It may not be the type of 'blind' test you are thinking about, but people have actually gone blind after eating NC BBQ. :smirk:

Mar 2, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #72,574 of 151,265
Maybe it was already mentioned, but the Denis Villeneuve Dune film that is coming out this year is lengthy (est 3 hours), and is only the first half of the novel.
I'll file that under the heading, "Be Careful What You Wish For". I'm not sure I can see six hours of screen time in Dune. I'm excited to see it anyway.

Mar 2, 2021 at 5:29 PM Post #72,576 of 151,265
Ordered a pair in Black. Will go nicely with JOT R in black and HSA-1b. Still curious about Loki Maxi.
This is too true:
"Are your recordings perfect? All of them? Including the ping-pong stereo stuff from the 60s? The supahdry no-bass recordings from the 80s? The 0.5-db dynamic range stuff from the 00s? The overproduced and over-sonic-maximized-and-computer-harmonized stuff of today? Uh-huh. Right."

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #72,577 of 151,265
CA to start, TX soon. We'll be making Magnis and Modis later this month here, then bringing in additional models before summer.

Plus, we'll be shipping with "Built in Corpus Christi" or "Built in Santa Clarita" stickers soon. I know that makes all the difference, LOL.
It does to some of us. I have plans for a fully TX-built system which I'll listen to while eating barbeque, chili and drinking Lone Star craft beer. Then I'll have a CA-built system I'll use the other few hours of the week.

Well, OK, I'm not really going to do that.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #72,578 of 151,265
I have plans for a fully TX-built system which I'll listen to while eating barbeque, chili and drinking Lone Star craft beer.
You had me right up 'til the Lonestar Beer. :unamused:

Mar 2, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #72,580 of 151,265
You had me right up 'til the Lonestar Beer. :unamused:
Gotta read all four words: Lone Star craft beer... as in craft beer from the Lone Star state.

On a related topic, I saw Pearl at the grocery store Sunday. I shook my head and kept walking.

Mar 2, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #72,582 of 151,265
Nice, we now have the Loki in black. Will we ever get the Lyr3 in black? That is the only thing keeping me from buying one.

Mar 2, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #72,584 of 151,265
I for one would actually prefer the "Goldilocks Loki"...
  • The size of the Lyr3 / Jot / Saga.
  • Don't care about balanced
  • Need to see more details on the Loki Max crazy bells and whistles --> I am guessing I would not need half of them!
  • Price 5x (instead of 10x) that of the Loki Mini+
Basically, a subset and cost reduction of the Loki Max!
I hope @Jason Stoddard is listening :wink:
This is the one I'm waiting for too. Something Jot sized for ~$650/750 that features-wise would slot in between the Mini and Max.

Mar 2, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #72,585 of 151,265
I wish @Jason Stoddard would comment whether Gungnir 2 is on the horizon (or not), available in black. Or whether Schiit is going to put out a more compact Yiggy with über SE-outputs that aren't in an way gimped; priced like the Chord Qutest (but providing Schiit sound).

You've been here long enough to know that is not going to happen. We get hints of a few of the NEW products under development, like Sol, like the Transport, like Loki-Max. But I can't remember a single upgrade to an existing product that was pre-announced. Today's "Now Available: Loki Even Better !!!" is a perfect but classic example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back