Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 26, 2021 at 3:58 AM Post #72,346 of 150,404
Ok, despite the ridiculous FedEx price increase I ordered my Jotunheim 2 yesterday (with MB card, no DS for me until I get bankrupt). The wait has started. First 7-10 days before it gets shipped. Not sure why that takes minimum 7 days for a product that's in stock. But maybe it's in stock in Texas, and of course all those tables have to be assembled first. Just joking. There will be a good reason, I don't complain. And I am sure the shipping delays will exceed those 10 days.

It's just that the Jotunheim 1 didn't survive the trip from KSA to UAE (it must have been too loose in my suitcase, the on/off switch is broken), and my speaker set is in storage somewhere. So until I get that back and set up, and/or the Jotunheim 2 arrives, it is either my DragonFly Red with Oppo PM-3, or JBL Flip 5 (seriously).

Feb 26, 2021 at 4:07 AM Post #72,347 of 150,404
That seems ... counterintuitive.
The primary reason for Yggdrasil GS is to reuse the Analog 1 boards. Allowing upgrade at time of order would defeat the purpose.

What would be the reason to go Roon if you ve Spotify and it offers CD quality?
Get Roon for Tidal/Qobuz and personal music libraries. Spotify (also Apple and Amazon) refuse to integrate their service with Roon.

Feb 26, 2021 at 7:49 AM Post #72,350 of 150,404
@Jason Stoddard Welcome to Corpus! I'm a Hill Country resident now (Boerne) but I fly those orange and white planes over your house 6 days a month as a reservist. I hate to be a pessimist, but in my time in Corpus, the water becomes undrinkable for a few days about every other year. Not sure why, it always something different it seems. One time it was asphalt emulsifier that somehow managed to backflow into the city water supply. When my family owned a house there we always kept a few pallets of bottled water around for hurricanes or Corpus-isms. On the bright side, there's some excellent beer in town (give Lazy Beach a try sometime).

Cheers!

Yep! First thing we did at the house and business is install RO systems. Same as California, actually--the water in Santa Clarita is awful.

And yeah, I like Lazy Beach. Best vibe of all the breweries in Corpus. But all of them are very good. I had dinner at Nueces Brewing yesterday. (Amazing barbecue.)

@Jason Stoddard We are all *glad* to hear from you and that things are basically OK. Totally with you on Uline racks, tables - my wife's dog treatz facility has had to go vertical with 20' pallet racks replacing regular shelving. My wife, Cynthia has turned out to be quite the "high steel worker" :). Would love to see some pics of your new facility!

Will see if I can get some today!

Um, but Schiit is much more than a headphone amplification company! And I mean that in a good way.

Plus, I'm glad to hear you and your wife are OK. Internet friends are still friends, and I worry...! :grinning:

Yeah, he was more of an old-school audiophile, I doubt if he even reads Stereophile much, so he probably hasn't seen our print ads. And yeah, our awareness is still fairly low in some areas. Which is fine. We can't keep up as it is.

Ok, despite the ridiculous FedEx price increase I ordered my Jotunheim 2 yesterday (with MB card, no DS for me until I get bankrupt). The wait has started. First 7-10 days before it gets shipped. Not sure why that takes minimum 7 days for a product that's in stock.

7-10 days is our code for "we have all the parts, but we're having a hard time keeping up with demand." It'll usually ship sooner than that, but sometimes it draws out.

The primary reason for Yggdrasil GS is to reuse the Analog 1 boards. Allowing upgrade at time of order would defeat the purpose.

Yeah, you can upgrade a GS, just not at the time of order. If you want to spend the money to send it back to us afterwards, then that's up to you.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Feb 26, 2021 at 8:45 AM Post #72,351 of 150,404
Isn't everything in TX supposed to be bigger? The sandworms are clearly just Texas earthworms.
Just remember to walk without rhythm and you won’t attract the worm. Of course that might be hard for all the music lovers on here. 😁

Feb 26, 2021 at 8:46 AM Post #72,352 of 150,404
Hah!! I have no rhythm!! :D

Feb 26, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #72,355 of 150,404
Now I've got to move Dune to the top of my reading list. :thinking:
Dune or Tremors...
1473243922-tremors2.gif

Feb 26, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #72,358 of 150,404
isn't the plan for TX to make just the small products like Fulla, Magni, Modi, Loki Mini, etc...?

(added) and maybe a Modi Multibit+ some day.
I love the concept of terroir as applied to electronic instruments! Can’t you just see the reviews “The new batch of Magni/Modi units have a feel to the base that is reminiscent of the reverb from an old oak floor in a line-dancing saloon...with just a hint of freshly strewn sawdust.”

Feb 26, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #72,359 of 150,404
It isn't allowed to order a GS and have the A2 upgrade done at the same time before shipping out, but it is no problem to send it back separately for an upgrade.
The GS is made with A2 metal and A1 boards that come out of other Yggys sent in for the A2 upgrade—it wouldn’t make sense for Schiit to agree to an upgrade at the same time. At the time I bought my GS, my budget wouldn’t stretch to a full blown A2, so I went ahead with the notion that I could do the upgrade to an A2 (or possibly A3) board later once I was able to restock the savings account. In the meantime, I am quite happy to be blissfully ignorant of what I might be missing! The GS was a good long play choice for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back