Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 17, 2021 at 8:25 AM Post #71,911 of 150,834
Feb 17, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #71,912 of 150,834
K.D. Lang killed it at the Olympic ceremony in 2010.
kd Lang sang LIVE to a pre-recorded background track in the Vancouver Olympics Opening Ceremony; other acts
mimed to their pre-recorded vocal tracks. She has a great voice and the bravery to bring the emotion of live performance to an extremely high-pressure situation and it really paid off.

Feb 17, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #71,913 of 150,834
K.D. Lang killed it at the Olympic ceremony in 2010.
kd Lang sang LIVE to a pre-recorded background track in the Vancouver Olympics Opening Ceremony; other acts
mimed to their pre-recorded vocal tracks. She has a great voice and the bravery to bring the emotion of live performance to an extremely high-pressure situation and it really paid off.

Feb 17, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #71,914 of 150,834
Hard not to miss skiing...a great lifelong sport (61). Had last year's spring skiing trip cancelled. That said, the 'white' is at the end of the tunnel! :wink:

Just booked Vail for early December (40th Anniversary!) and Tahoe for the week between Christmas and New Years -- looking forward to getting back on the slopes. Hope to be able to travel to BC next spring...if not, will go to Jackson Hole.

I misread Vail as Vali

Is this a sign that I should get the Vali 2+ soon to complement my Project Ember? :p

Feb 17, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #71,915 of 150,834
It's the same for Kpop, they have some things hugely mixed up. Not to mention there's no easy way to use focus to get all my kpop since some of them are categorized as "pop/rock" and some of them as "international".
Sounds like a “KPop” genre needed.

Feb 17, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #71,917 of 150,834
Guys, dig up you record player and play some vinyl or order some new schiit
Vinyl.....what the hell is that???? If it ain't digital it ain't Music....It's notes played through noisy static, feedback and the sloppy tracking from the worn grooves of previous styli!

Feb 17, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #71,919 of 150,834
Consider that your parents might be moving to get away from you? No offense intended, but COVID may be more manageable in 6 months and you have friends and work in California - much more attractive than Houston, IMO.

Indeed have heard many arguments against CA - different perspective - born and raised in El Paso - hated it, hated it, Moved on to Colorado Springs - yes, the site of the history in the BlacKkKlansman movie - yup - hated it too. Moved to Southern California - felt like finally coming home. Everything that was wrong with ELP and Colo Springs was not true here. Will never ever leave - if anything maybe somewhere else in CA - WEST OF THE 5. And here in CA, we have the best BBQ

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Maria-style_barbecue

YMMV ! :D

v

Feb 17, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #71,920 of 150,834
Indeed have heard many arguments against CA - different perspective - born and raised in El Paso - hated it, hated it, Moved on to Colorado Springs - yes, the site of the history in the BlacKkKlansman movie - yup - hated it too. Moved to Southern California - felt like finally coming home. Everything that was wrong with ELP and Colo Springs was not true here. Will never ever leave - if anything maybe somewhere else in CA - WEST OF THE 5. And here in CA, we have the best BBQ
Thank you! I grew up in Ohio, lived in NY, traveled all around the South and Midwest. California is my home. But it's an annoying fad right now to complain about California and constantly tell everyone you're leaving. Cool, I don't care where you want to live. I just care that you stop complaining. Home is where the heart is and as our gracious host always says, everywhere can be great and/or stink. Every state has its issues. Give me a Dodger's Day game, a trip to Amoeba Records, and a Hollywood Bowl concert at night for my perfect day.

Feb 17, 2021 at 3:01 PM Post #71,921 of 150,834
I must confess that I do like Jeff Buckley's version. Leonard's version is pretty good too!

Purist here - Leonard Cohen's is the only one - not a version! IS HIS!

Plus the one thing I hate is when they turn it into a religious song - bible imagery does not make a song religious...

I might be wrong, of course

v

Feb 17, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #71,922 of 150,834
Thank you! I grew up in Ohio, lived in NY, traveled all around the South and Midwest. California is my home. But it's an annoying fad right now to complain about California and constantly tell everyone you're leaving. Cool, I don't care where you want to live. I just care that you stop complaining. Home is where the heart is and as our gracious host always says, everywhere can be great and/or stink. Every state has its issues. Give me a Dodger's Day game, a trip to Amoeba Records, and a Hollywood Bowl concert at night for my perfect day.

Other thing is supposed "transplants" who have been here 10, 15, 20 years and they still call wherever else "home" - yet.. still here... :D

And btw - best symphony orchestras RIGHT NOW ? Forget the Big 5 - kick out NY Phil and Boston -
LA Phil and SFSO - that's where is at! :D

v

Feb 17, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #71,923 of 150,834

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Maria-style_barbecue

YMMV ! :D

v

Screen Shot.png

(I clicked the link, tho. Looks delicious!)

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #71,924 of 150,834
Feb 17, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #71,925 of 150,834

Users who are viewing this thread

Back