Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 8, 2021 at 8:27 PM Post #71,431 of 150,900
Has anybody here had any experience with Hart Cables? Are they good / reliable?
Just got my first a few weeks ago. I like/love the concept of one base cable joined to a shorter headphone cable. Easy and inexpensive to get several headphones sorted. So far, so good. Seems very well built, and I really like it thus far. I did a custom length for the base cable, and they were a pleasure to deal with.

Feb 8, 2021 at 8:37 PM Post #71,433 of 150,900
Out of the loop here so can someone please update me on the 10 valve tube amp.

Here you go.

How about an insane 10-tube all-tube headphone amp? It's something I'm playing around with. Of course, it would be about 10x the price of a Vali 2+. And it currently isn't ready for prime time (too much hummmmmmmmm...but fixable.) Still not sure I want to bring it to production.

IMG_0899.jpeg

Hard to improve Valhalla 2 without adding a bunch of cost. Or hybridizing. And then what's the point? It's supposed to be an affordable pure tube amp.

Feb 9, 2021 at 12:11 AM Post #71,436 of 150,900
Who says we ain't?

Try running it as a docker service.....?

I got sorted out, but it was a bit more effort than should be required. I set the PC to auto login on Windows start and then have Roon set to autorun minimized after Windows login completes. A true service would be more elegant, requiring no Windows login, and would be much leaner with less resources required as the full UI would not be needed.

EDIT: Ooooh. Failed to see Roon Server installer. Gotta give that one a try.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2021 at 12:34 AM Post #71,437 of 150,900
That's all fine and good except I want a 200 watt Aegir on a coaster board. :smile:
I PM'd Jason about my plans for a quantum nano-lattice heat pipe coupled to trans-dimensional micro wormholes. The real beauty of the system is all the heat gets dumped into somebody elses space-time dimension.

Feb 9, 2021 at 1:25 AM Post #71,438 of 150,900
My wife explained this to me during the half time show, while giving me that "How do you not know this stuff?" look.

Here's a link to the story.
https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2021/2...alftime-show-the-weeknd-white-masks-explained

Check out one of his most recent videos "Save Your Tears". It's him with the extreme "result" of plastic surgery (portrayed with prosthetics and/or deep fake techniques apparently). To me, it's a conclusion to the last year or so of him playing with the idea of blood, violence, and appearances. His Super Bowl performance, with his normal face, ties a bow for that.
And I loved his part of the halftime show. Great singing, especially. Can't think of another Super Bowl performer without bum or flat notes, but Abel was right on. You can listen and/or watch the performance now on Tidal. The sound/mix is very good, too.

Feb 9, 2021 at 2:18 AM Post #71,439 of 150,900
Great singing, especially. Can't think of another Super Bowl performer without bum or flat notes, but Abel was right on. You can listen and/or watch the performance now on Tidal.
Pre-recorded and lip-synced during the performance, which is standard practice. Way too much risk to do it live in a high profile, high budget event. It certainly looks that way to me, watching on YouTube.

Feb 9, 2021 at 2:44 AM Post #71,440 of 150,900
You know what'd be cool? A Modius/Magnius sized tube hybrid. I know, I know, Vali and Lyr, but maybe more like a Valius? Something in between that isn't full tube, and isn't as pricey as Lyr. Valhalla 2 is there as full tube, but was thinking something with just one tube and hybrid like Vali.

I just really want a Valius. 😈

Loving my Modius/Jotunheim 2.

I just wanna tube amp to stack on top. I can't afford the Lyr atm. 👀
Lyr 2 is what you want. They sell from $175 (mine already sold) to $225 (theirs). Though I'd stick with the Vali 2+ and save on tube rolling ... that is the biggest difference in sound.

Feb 9, 2021 at 2:46 AM Post #71,441 of 150,900
I'd feel weird about getting an older piece of Schiit, when there's an upgraded version. Despite the cost.

Feb 9, 2021 at 3:18 AM Post #71,442 of 150,900
Pre-recorded and lip-synced during the performance, which is standard practice. Way too much risk to do it live in a high profile, high budget event. It certainly looks that way to me, watching on YouTube.
I don't think so, but I respect your opinion. Lip sync is usually pretty obvious to me, and this performance passes all my tests.

Feb 9, 2021 at 4:56 AM Post #71,443 of 150,900
Feb 9, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #71,444 of 150,900
camo_cat.jpg

JC

Feb 9, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #71,445 of 150,900
Cat's are just downright devious! :unamused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back