Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 30, 2021 at 8:07 PM Post #71,056 of 155,114
Jan 30, 2021 at 8:57 PM Post #71,058 of 155,114
A little different than a triggering word "Blaupunkt".

Enzo Ferrari described the E-type Jag as the "Most Beautiful Car ever Made".

Here's a pix of a '71 Jag E-type drop head coup. Mine was silver.

1612058080487.png

Jan 30, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #71,059 of 155,114
Actually no. "Panzerholz wood" is the condition where one experiences an errection on seeing an armored vehicle. I understand it was a common condition in Germany, until about 1945.
The condition still occurs. It is not just males either.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2021 at 9:36 PM Post #71,060 of 155,114
A little different than a triggering word "Blaupunkt".

Enzo Ferrari described the E-type Jag as the "Most Beautiful Car ever Made".

Here's a pix of a '71 Jag E-type drop head coup. Mine was silver.

I like the look of the Jag XKSS more, sadly there were only a handful made ever so it is not exactly available.
EaOWJW7.jpg

I tried to find it earlier in the thread (might have been in Mike's thread?) (https://audio-head.com/an-interview-with-mike-moffat-of-schiit-audio-and-theta-digital/) but finally listened to it - I agree one of the the purposes of all this stuff (decided to not be puny) is the emotion music can bring. I know if I want to have the "sad" heart strings plucked the Scottish singer John McDermott's album The Danny Boy Collection is a easy one.

Jan 30, 2021 at 10:06 PM Post #71,061 of 155,114
I'm getting ready to send you something far, far more valuable than craft beer. Yes, NC BBQ would in fact be a good guess, but that's not it. :laughing:
NC BBQ is never a good guess. @Paladin79 has been trained in the proper disposal of GE tubes from your personal stash so he's not worried about that.

Furthermore, even the laziest of delivery drivers would travel well north of their route to dispose of NC BBQ into Lake Michigan long before they'd consider delivering it to the fine people of Indiana. :beerchug:

Jan 30, 2021 at 10:10 PM Post #71,062 of 155,114
NC BBQ into Lake Michigan long before they'd consider delivering it to the fine people of Indiana. :beerchug:
So THAT is why the Cuyahoga caught fire for the first time in 51 years last August (first time since the famous fire in 1969) - someone mixed NC and Texas BBQ and tossed it in the river to get rid of it.

Jan 30, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #71,063 of 155,114
I was not referring to you at all and am sorry it came in like that.
You're no old man living on an Island I hope.
I was referring to some who do just that every time they get the chance to brown-nose someone and try to get more populair.
My bad for the misread on your comments!

Jan 30, 2021 at 10:31 PM Post #71,064 of 155,114
So THAT is why the Cuyahoga caught fire for the first time in 51 years last August (first time since the famous fire in 1969) - someone mixed NC and Texas BBQ and tossed it in the river to get rid of it.

Well, not exactly. Shortly after the BBQ war erupted, both sides ran out of bullets and switched to flamethrowers. The mob from Texas had bigger flamethrowers ('cause everything is bigger in Texas), and caught everything on fire, including the river. Only TX natives can catch water on fire. Well, except maybe aliens, but kinda the same difference. :sweat_smile: :laughing:

Jan 31, 2021 at 6:07 AM Post #71,069 of 155,114
A dedicated music server platform is always best, in my opinion.
A pity it is hard to get those work with Sonarwork.
Regardless of the supply chain issues, it seems to me that most products available from the US web site are available in 230v versions and with either a UK or Euro plug. That these are not shipped to the UK & Europe distributors is very odd. Whilst there are other countries that require 230v devices, I don’t think that’s the case with the mains leads. Do many countries outside of the UK and Europe require those plugs?
yep you would expect a fair share regardless

Jan 31, 2021 at 6:13 AM Post #71,070 of 155,114
Thank you all for your answers.

I don't dare to buy in the US because I know that with shipping costs and taxes, everything will be much more expensive than buying in Europe.

Without having read any of the chapters explaining the relationship between COVID and the lack of stock in Europe, I understand that many other brands may be in a similar situation, but I'm sure some are trying to move forward with their exports.
I celebrated that Schiit had "store" in Europe, because it is a recurring thing with American brands, the difficulty to buy in Europe at competitive prices. But I was too late.
I was hoping that after the American elections this situation would change. But it seems, from what you say, that it will not happen quickly.
It's a pity because I was currently in a position to buy several products of this brand and in the end, the money will go to the orient...
Like me, bought an S.M.S.L., free shipping with Amazon and three weeks lead-time. And it doesn’t sound bad at all, the opposite. Still a problem if you want True Multibit 😩

Users who are viewing this thread

Back