Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 19, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #70,426 of 150,609
Hi Ableza,

a valid comparison might be to compare these configurations, I suggest this source since quite a few Yggdrasil owners seem to use Macbook/Audirvana.

1.) Macbook/Audirvana via USB >> Unison/Yggdrasil
2.) Macbook/Audirvana via USB >> Schiit Urd >> Unison/Yggdrasil

I suppose 2.) is superior because of both Unison out and Unison in.

Best

Matt
This is exactly what I intend to do,

Jan 19, 2021 at 9:04 AM Post #70,427 of 150,609
A key consideration for me when purchasing my ride on lawnmower was, "Does it have a beer holder?"

ROFL @Timster
Looks like I made a serious error when I bought my ancient ride-on mower.
It doesn't have a beer holder and this must explain why I keep crashing it into trees. :relaxed:

Jan 19, 2021 at 9:22 AM Post #70,428 of 150,609
I passed on the optional 'beer holder' and decided that I would just have my kid run alongside the mower with a cooler in one hand and holding/handing me the bottle* with the other. Part of my 'get off your butt and turn off the Xbox' youth fitness initiative. :smirk:

*I prefer glass bottles over cans, btw. They're a bit heavier, but hey, I ain't the one carrying them. :D

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #70,429 of 150,609
I keep hoping we will see a Nexus preamp in a Saga sized chassis with 128 steps, one balanced in, one balanced out, 2 sets of RCA in/out. 2 gain levels of Nexus would be a cool bonus.

@Jason Stoddard

Any chance of seeing a Loki Plus and a Loki Max Thunderdome battle? (All names speculated by me)

Basically Loki Max is automatic like you have talked about, remotes, saved settings, etc. Loki Plus would have the same functionality but no remote, no saved settings, it would be all manual.

Outside of these hallowed halls, some audio friends of mine have been hoping for a stripped down version that keeps all the sonic benefits, but loses the fancy bits to keep the price down.

We haven't seen a Thunderdome for a minute or two. Thought I'd ask.

Thanks!

I'm all in on the fullboat Loki. No messing around here. The price is more than double what I was hoping for, but after hearing the features; I'm good! Honestly, I was kind of thinking I'd pass if the price was over $500 during the speculation stage. Then it was sorta announced with "that" price, I thought I was out at $1500. I wasn't going to pay more for an EQ device than my most expensive set of headphones or even any other gear. No way.

Then Jason spoke. He gave some details about it and the features. I'm now waiting to put my order in as soon a I can!

Edit to add: Oh, yeah. I actually forgot to include my point. So, what changed my mind after hearing Jason talk about just a few of the details and features of the Loki Max, or whatever it will be named, is this: I never even thought about auto controls or saved settings. I mean it never even crossed my mind. Then I thought; holy Schiit, how convenient is that! If you have more than two systems connected, depending on Inputs it has and maybe a SYS thrown in your system, you have to remember each of the 6 band positions when you change your active system; if all manual. A cheat sheet with pictures will become a necessity! :stuck_out_tongue:

My guess in a Thunderdome, more and more people would come to see the benefit of auto controls and saved settings if more than two systems are connected. Even if you don't really think those features are important at the start.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #70,430 of 150,609
I passed on the optional 'beer holder' and decided that I would just have my kid run alongside the mower with a cooler in one hand and holding/handing me the bottle* with the other. Part of my 'get off your butt and turn off the Xbox' youth fitness initiative. :smirk:

*I prefer glass bottles over cans, btw. They're a bit heavier, but hey, I ain't the one carrying them. :D

That's not a bad idea at all. For you. :stuck_out_tongue:

I just have my butler mow the lawn, and he can only drink beer during his off-hours (1 AM - 5 AM) anyway. And lest anyone think I'm uncaring, I *do* give him a full week off every February when the lawn doesn't need mowed anyway. :smile:

Jan 19, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #70,431 of 150,609

Of course bottles are better! Glass is a much better insulator than aluminum so your beer stays colder. Although, if you drink it fast enough, it doesn't get warm or evaporate! :wink:

Jan 19, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #70,432 of 150,609
I just have my butler mow the lawn

I've seen your cat and dog. Maybe you should give your butler a break and engage your pets in more physical activities. :unamused:

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #70,433 of 150,609
That's not a bad idea at all. For you. :stuck_out_tongue:

I just have my butler mow the lawn, and he can only drink beer during his off-hours (1 AM - 5 AM) anyway. And lest anyone think I'm uncaring, I *do* give him a full week off every February when the lawn doesn't need mowed anyway. :smile:
The week of February 29th? :smile:

Jan 19, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #70,434 of 150,609
Of course bottles are better! Glass is a much better insulator than aluminum so your beer stays colder. Although, if you drink it fast enough, it doesn't get warm or evaporate! :wink:

It would be an act of utter desperation if I had to resort to drinking canned beer. :relaxed:
I am really missing 'proper' draught ale from a pub, but the next best thing, here in the UK, is bottled beer, or a mini keg like this one from Adnams
Adnams Ghost Ship - Order Online | Adnams

The one canned beer I do like is 'Draught' Guinness in a can, which has a widget inside to make it creamy by releasing Nitrogen. Brilliant!
Guinness® Beer Can Ball - How The Widget Works | Guinness® | Guinness®
I remember the first time I heard about 'draught' Guinness in a can about 35 years ago.. I thought it must be a joke, but I was amazed how good it was!
No substitute for the real thing of course...
Cheers :beerchug:

Jan 19, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #70,435 of 150,609
I can't believe I really saw this. Coors, with no hope of being tipsy after a getting a couple down? No thank you.
Coors.jpg

Jan 19, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #70,438 of 150,609
The one canned beer I do like is 'Draught' Guinness in a can, which has a widget inside to make it creamy by releasing Nitrogen. Brilliant!
Guinness® Beer Can Ball - How The Widget Works | Guinness® | Guinness®
I remember the first time I heard about 'draught' Guinness in a can about 35 years ago.. I thought it must be a joke, but I was amazed how good it was!
No substitute for the real thing of course...
Boddingtons bitter beer also uses the widget/N2 technology.

My old pal Roger had a beer holder + a bicycle horn on his riding John Deere mower. When he finished one beer, he would toot the horn and his wife ran out with a refill.
Aah, the really old days :)

Jan 19, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #70,439 of 150,609
just have my butler mow the lawn, and he can only drink beer during his off-hours (1 AM - 5 AM) anyway. And lest anyone think I'm uncaring, I *do* give him a full week off every February when the lawn doesn't need mowed anyway.
Now, if @Roy G. Biv had written that, I might have believed it. LOL.

Jan 19, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #70,440 of 150,609
I can't believe I really saw this. Coors, with no hope of being tipsy after a getting a couple down? No thank you.
Coors.jpg

LOL! There is just no plausible explanation for this. Perhaps if they'd named it Coors "Sludge" it would at least be more accurately described. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back