Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 11, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #70,053 of 149,326
Ever heard of popcorn shrimp? Texas Gourmet popcorn is like that but little nuggets of smoked tender beef brisket instead. If it's a good cut of meat and truly smoked well, sauce is not needed. 😏

Jan 11, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #70,054 of 149,326
Virtual SchiitrMeet January 2021:
The Triumphant Return of Mike Moffat

Yep, that's right. You don't get me. Nor Tyler, Ivana, or Dave. You get Mike. And Mike alone. So if he's uncorked, well, that's just how it goes.

What does this mean? Now's your chance to ask Mike about all the digital stuff that you've been asking me about (and I've been saying, "heck, I don't know," for a while now.) Of course an Urd (transport) update is part of what he'll talk about. You'll also be able to ask him anything else you want...this is an "ask me anything" event!" Of course, Mike may choose not to answer your question, but that's entirely up to him. Please send questions in advance to Denise Martin at denise@schiit.com.

Also, we will be streaming on BOTH the detested (by you) Facebook and on the Schiit YouTube channel simultaneously, because we heard you about the Facebook-only thing. I'm afraid there are no giveaways this time.

So send your questions to denise@schiit.com and join us for the first SchiitrMeet of 2021:

The Triumphant Return of Mike Moffat
Wednesday, January 13, 4pm, PST

Ask Me Anything (AMA), Q&A format

(Yes, we will be giving an update on the Transport)
Send questions to Denise. denise@schiit.com

Streaming on:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZqCWt2_qqB-UD0-pcPpxCw
https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/

I hope you can make it!

All the best,

Jason Stoddard
Mike Moffat

Co-Founders
Schiit Audio
This is great news, Jason! Thanks for sharing, and thanks to Mike for participating.

Jan 11, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #70,056 of 149,326
Ever heard of popcorn shrimp? Texas Gourmet popcorn is like that but little nuggets of smoked tender beef brisket instead. If it's a good cut of meat and truly smoked well, sauce is not needed. 😏
Actually, that sounds pretty good. I think that you should consider marketing it

Jan 11, 2021 at 5:29 PM Post #70,057 of 149,326
Aren't those called "burnt ends"? They are in Chicago..

Jan 11, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #70,058 of 149,326
Shhhhh. It's a secret, but YES!!!!! :D

Jan 11, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #70,059 of 149,326
Actually, that sounds pretty good. I think that you should consider marketing it

Or at least sharing it. With, you know, people he likes and friends and such.

Just looking out for the rest of you since I won't get any... :smile: :smile:

Jan 11, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #70,060 of 149,326
If you can formulate a decent "popcorn brisket" recipe you'll make a fortune at the TX State Fair. I'll be your first customer. :beerchug:

Waiting for @bcowen to chime in and tell us that "popcorn NC BBQ" is better, but I have to remind him that NC BBQ already tastes like unseasoned popcorn that requires copious amounts of sauce to make it palatable.

The burnt ends thing has made its way from Chicago to KC to TX and I still don't get it. Requires heavy sauce just to digest. They're generally so tough that, IMO, they're not good for much else than for flavoring other dishes such as pots of beans and soups. Maybe I just haven't had a decent batch yet.

Do you need some alone time to re-evaluate this?? Do you WANT a timeout?!?!?

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #70,061 of 149,326

I think 'burnt ends' is an apt description for all meat cooked in TX. Great beef, but it has to be sent to Oklahoma to be cooked properly. :smile:

Jan 11, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #70,062 of 149,326
Waiting for @bcowen to chime in and tell us that "popcorn NC BBQ" is better, but I have to remind him that NC BBQ already tastes like unseasoned popcorn that requires copious amounts of sauce to make it palatable.

LOL! To me, the best popcorn is whichever brand takes the least amount of time in the microwave. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Jan 11, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #70,063 of 149,326
The burnt ends thing has made its way from Chicago to KC to TX and I still don't get it. Requires heavy sauce just to digest. They're generally so tough that, IMO, they're not good for much else than for flavoring other dishes such as pots of beans and soups. Maybe I just haven't had a decent batch yet.
Perhaps you just need a good batch, but they are my favorite part of a brisket. A burnt-ends sandwich has my mouth watering right now. I also LOOOVE pork burnt ends, which are little nuggets of barbequed pork belly deliciousness.

Jan 11, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #70,064 of 149,326
Do you need some alone time to re-evaluate this?? Do you WANT a timeout?!?!?

I just said that to throw them off the scent while I finalize plans for the State Fair introduction. :wink:

** Actually --the longest line at the previous Texas State Fair was the line for the Burnt Ends. It was very good and not tough at all.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #70,065 of 149,326
I am not from Chicago - actually from a town 120 miles north of St. Louis - but I have spent a lot of time up in Chi Town. Burnt ends and the proper way to eat hot dogs are Chicago's gift to the rest of the world. You are welcome. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back